Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-26-10, 04:20 PM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Sid Meier's Civilization V or R.U.S.E

As the title states, I cant quite decide which to buy! ... I love RTS/strategy type games ...

The likes of SC2, Company of heroes, Age of Empires & Command and Conquer ect, Of the two titled games what do you think i would enjoy the most?

(I prefer no to try demos as sometimes they are too buggy and can put me of the game totally)
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 04:24 PM   #2
mojoman0

Default Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V or R.U.S.E

Neither of the games are typical rts games like youve stated. Age of Empires is a very deep, often time consuming game that allows a plethora of strategies besides warfare to manage and develop a civilization. RUSE is a simplified rts war game that relies more on tactics and strategies rather than individual unit control. You would prolly get more time out of Civ 5 if you want to be deeply absorbed by a game.

Also I think you can find demos for each on steam so you should try them out yourself and decide which is best for you. Sometimes I forget demos even exist anymore. Sometimes they tend to be buggy but you likely get the basic feeling of the game at least
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 06:04 PM   #3
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V or R.U.S.E

Haven't played RUSE personally yet, but Civ V, if you can deal with it being non-turn-based, is VERY rewarding

There are a lot of nuances and you can change it up to suit your playing style. Plus there was a huge recent patch the fixed pretty much all the small issues that existed at launch

Lots of history with this franchise
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote