®

I might get DMC4 just coz I miss my xbox 360 games
Old 10-29-10, 12:08 AM   #14
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

RE 5 would go on sale a few days after i bought it for $29.99

Still it's an awesome game so i don't mind THAT much

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 03:05 AM   #15
Redeemed

So ya'll say no to AvP for $9.99? I don't care for MP, only want some good SP action. I mean... $9.99- is there lot's of shooting? Explosions? Dark corridors with aliens slaughtering yer' marine buddy's while guns are blazing?

If yes to all of the above, how can it not be a good buy at $9.99?

Seriously, though- should I wait for it to go on sale cheaper or get it?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 03:14 AM   #16
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
So ya'll say no to AvP for $9.99? I don't care for MP, only want some good SP action. I mean... $9.99- is there lot's of shooting? Explosions? Dark corridors with aliens slaughtering yer' marine buddy's while guns are blazing?

If yes to all of the above, how can it not be a good buy at $9.99?

Seriously, though- should I wait for it to go on sale cheaper or get it?
buy dead space ya cowboy. literally one of the best games i ever played.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 03:15 AM   #17
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
buy dead space ya cowboy. literally one of the best games i ever played.
Sure but what about AvP? I far prefer FPS over third-person shooters. I already plan on picking up Dead Space... but want to know about AvP. Looks like it'd be fun.
Old 10-30-10, 03:19 AM   #18
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

i havent heard anyone say that AvP is worth 10 bucks. I asked about it. Dead Space, on the the hand, is easily worth more than the $50 i paid for it, and i am pretty strictly a FPS person. BUY TEH VEEDYO GUYME.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 03:35 AM   #19
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

Sin would be to bypass Worms Reloaded for so little money.
I do not remember that I had so much good fun in multiplayer, since the early days of playing left4dead.
However, worms is a game for all times and for all generations
Old 10-30-10, 04:35 AM   #20
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

You can get Dead Space on EA store for like 5 bux too.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-10, 11:55 AM   #21
mojoman0

I bought avp. I've heard the marine campaign us pretty good and if you're a fan of the movies or prior games I'm sure you'll get $10 of enjoyment out of it
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 12:07 PM   #22
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

AvP came free with an XFX HD5830 that I got on special from newegg + discount code XFX had emailed me for $149.99 total.

I installed it and IMO it is a pretty badly done and uninteresting game. The multiplayer is alright, the mode where one guy is a predator is pretty fun. I think it's hilarious that the game has DLCs now.

AVP1 and 2 were so much better games it's ridiculous. For this game being made by the devs of the original it is an utter failure. Only saving grace is ripping out peoples spines as a predator, and that gets old fast.

I wouldn't pay 9.99 for it.
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 12:08 PM   #23
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Sure but what about AvP? I far prefer FPS over third-person shooters. I already plan on picking up Dead Space... but want to know about AvP. Looks like it'd be fun.
Aliens VS Predator won't deception you if you're looking for some eye candy FPS plus a decent ammount of tension & action, not like you're gonna rediscover the whole franchise through it and it's clearly not as intense as AvP2 was but it's a very decent title...

You can check a short test run I did back in the day I got it: Aliens vs Predator - Test Run

However... Dead Space is also a very good game, and even better than AvP, but if your mind is set on AvP, go for it :P
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 12:46 PM   #24
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
I bought avp. I've heard the marine campaign us pretty good and if you're a fan of the movies or prior games I'm sure you'll get $10 of enjoyment out of it
Hey- let me know what you think of it. The game really does have my attention. My best friend's son bought it and is loving the game. He mostly does MP games so I don't really think he's ever experience a proper SP game, so he may just be way easy to please.

However, I don't really have high expectations of the game. Just looks like it could be a very fun, stereotypical shooter. Dark areas, lot's of "monsters" (aliens and the predators), plenty of shooting, explosions... could be entertaining, especially for only $10.

Then again I've played FPS titles that'd I'd not accept if they were given to me for free.

So please, report back on your findings regarding this game. Thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoNer View Post
AvP came free with an XFX HD5830 that I got on special from newegg + discount code XFX had emailed me for $149.99 total.

I installed it and IMO it is a pretty badly done and uninteresting game. The multiplayer is alright, the mode where one guy is a predator is pretty fun. I think it's hilarious that the game has DLCs now.

AVP1 and 2 were so much better games it's ridiculous. For this game being made by the devs of the original it is an utter failure. Only saving grace is ripping out peoples spines as a predator, and that gets old fast.

I wouldn't pay 9.99 for it.
I think part of this might be because so many were wowed by the original games, that they had too high of expectations from this one. I'm not expecting mind blowing graphics or FPS genre changing gameplay. Just a traditional, stereotypical shooter is all I'm looking for and this seems like it'd do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Aliens VS Predator won't deception you if you're looking for some eye candy FPS plus a decent ammount of tension & action, not like you're gonna rediscover the whole franchise through it and it's clearly not as intense as AvP2 was but it's a very decent title...

You can check a short test run I did back in the day I got it: Aliens vs Predator - Test Run

However... Dead Space is also a very good game, and even better than AvP, but if your mind is set on AvP, go for it :P
Thanks for the input... watching that video now.