Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-10, 01:11 PM   #25
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Aliens VS Predator won't deception you if you're looking for some eye candy FPS plus a decent ammount of tension & action, not like you're gonna rediscover the whole franchise through it and it's clearly not as intense as AvP2 was but it's a very decent title...

You can check a short test run I did back in the day I got it: Aliens vs Predator - Test Run

However... Dead Space is also a very good game, and even better than AvP, but if your mind is set on AvP, go for it :P
Just watched your video- game looked fine to me. I would probably prefer the graphics were better a little bit, but I can easily over look that.

How long is the SP? Is it pretty lengthy? 6 - 8 hours would be fine, per species.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 01:16 PM   #26
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

i think redeemed has feeling for the Aliens
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 01:23 PM   #27
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i think redeemed has feeling for the Aliens


Shutup before I give you another swirlie, nerd-boi!

No, I've just been itching for a good sci-fi FPS game. Can only play Crysis, Quake4, Doom3, etc- so many times.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 01:31 PM   #28
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

i know what you mean. i am going to be all over dead space 2 like a pitbull on a poodle.

damnit, now you are making me want to get it
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 02:19 PM   #29
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i know what you mean. i am going to be all over dead space 2 like a pitbull on a poodle.

damnit, now you are making me want to get it


DO IT! And let me know what you think.

Not so worried about the $10... it's just living out in the sticks we have DSL, and it's gonna' take *FOREVER* to DL. Don't want to buy it and use up that bandwidth/time unless it's worth it.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 03:42 PM   #30
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Guess I'm not getting any of the games. Steam is acting very wierd for me at the moment.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 04:06 PM   #31
LydianKnight
Registered Knight
 
LydianKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Málaga, Spain
Posts: 977
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Just watched your video- game looked fine to me. I would probably prefer the graphics were better a little bit, but I can easily over look that.

How long is the SP? Is it pretty lengthy? 6 - 8 hours would be fine, per species.
Oh, and they are... in the moment I made the video I had my old computer with a GTX 260, so no DirectX 11 goodies (you could read my machine specs in the video description, where the real review is), now it's not like it's completely different (and I feel too lazy to make another video on AvP right now, although I'm still considering it...) but you'll see by yourself it adds for an extra atmospheric touch

About the lenght... 6-8 hours?? Hmmm pffff no, I don't think so... I don't know how much time it took for me on the first run, around couple of days but with very long pauses due to my past job, but in sum? I don't think it's more than 6.

I may be wrong, of course... there's been some time since I played it, and I would appreciate if others could correct me...
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 04:11 PM   #32
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Oh, and they are... in the moment I made the video I had my old computer with a GTX 260, so no DirectX 11 goodies (you could read my machine specs in the video description, where the real review is), now it's not like it's completely different (and I feel too lazy to make another video on AvP right now, although I'm still considering it...) but you'll see by yourself it adds for an extra atmospheric touch

About the lenght... 6-8 hours?? Hmmm pffff no, I don't think so... I don't know how much time it took for me on the first run, around couple of days but with very long pauses due to my past job, but in sum? I don't think it's more than 6.

I may be wrong, of course... there's been some time since I played it, and I would appreciate if others could correct me...
Nice.

Well, I bought both- AvP and Dead Space. Should keep me occupied for a little while.

Thanks for the information.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-10, 04:11 PM   #33
zoomy942
 
zoomy942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bellevue, ID
Posts: 5,336
Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Amnesia is something i would like to buy. anyone wanna gift it to me?
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 06:30 PM   #34
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

sorry I couldnt give instant feedback redeemed. I'm in Norcal at the moment too with good ol 1.5mb dsl . My dl should be done soon tho
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 11:31 PM   #35
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
Amnesia is something i would like to buy. anyone wanna gift it to me?
Why? You are in US? No region pricing to bypass.

Unless you are just being a real cheapskate. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 12:20 AM   #36
zoomy942
 
zoomy942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bellevue, ID
Posts: 5,336
Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Steam Halloween Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Why? You are in US? No region pricing to bypass.

Unless you are just being a real cheapskate. ::
recent family emergency = no moniez
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.