Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Are you buying Black Ops?
Naaa.....I don't think so. 33 37.08%
Definitely. It will be the shizzle. 35 39.33%
Black Ops? 5 5.62%
Don't know yet. 16 17.98%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-10, 11:53 AM   #85
Sean_W

Default Re: Black Ops...are you going to get it?

You deserve 50 lashing if you're purely going to play this game single player only. MP is where all the fun is.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 11:58 AM   #86
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
You deserve 50 lashing if you're purely going to play this game single player only. MP is where all the fun is.
QFT I doubt I'll even play the single player. Actually I probably will out of curiosity at some point.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 05:48 PM   #87
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Not many have really heard about?! You think those games are old school or obscure? Rainbow Six is the oldest game you listed and that came out in 1998. All of those games were/are very popular and well known.

You're a joke man. The games you listed aren't even the same genre as MW, except CoD1/2, which had the same size maps as MW. Hell several MW maps were remakes of COD1 maps. Can't believe you listed Battlefield games. Every post you've tried to establish yourself as some hardcore old school gamer but you've failed miserably every time. Just give it up.
You should probably stop posting insults because your making yourself seem immature. We call that sarcasm in the literary world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm). You haven't addressed any of the responses here with any intelligence, thus far. If you have a comment other than "Wow your a joke dude" please continue.

Just because you think the maps on MW were big and fun doesn't mean we all did, they were small, and I gave you a list of games that had bigger maps. Like you, said those were not "obscure" games, so I thought you may have played a few of them to see the map sizes.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 07:34 PM   #88
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
It cant be worse than the SP in MOH. Worse SP in the last 5 years easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 08:55 AM   #89
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
You should probably stop posting insults because your making yourself seem immature. We call that sarcasm in the literary world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm). You haven't addressed any of the responses here with any intelligence, thus far. If you have a comment other than "Wow your a joke dude" please continue.
I'd feel bad for insulting you if every one of your posts didn't have the tone of some smug jerk looking down on everyone, so let's call it even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy
Just because you think the maps on MW were big and fun doesn't mean we all did, they were small, and I gave you a list of games that had bigger maps. Like you, said those were not "obscure" games, so I thought you may have played a few of them to see the map sizes.
Did I say that MW maps were "big and fun"? I'm pretty sure I didn't. I said the CoD:UO maps were too big for LAN parties with 4-8 people, and implied that the maps in MW were adequate for the gameplay. Battlefield and Call of Duty are two completely different games. The huge maps of Battlefield are well suited to its gameplay due to its heavy emphasis on vehicles. Call of Duty lacks vehicles (for the most part) and recent games in the series have limited the size of multiplayer matches so very large maps make no sense. I haven't played Rainbow Six or Rogue Spear in about 10 years so I don't really remember those maps, but I do remember that the gameplay isn't remotely comparable to Call of Duty multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical
Because every single CoD game HAS been a contender for GOTY, Black ops will be no different. Also hence the word 'contender', doesn't mean it will be just means it will compete for it like CoD has since CoD1. No matter what you think, the CoD series is the biggest FPS series of all time and is almost a guarantee that it will be the biggest selling game this year...pre-orders have already surpassed that of MW2. Seeing as though GOTY goes off public voting it makes common sense that black ops will be a contender.

Admittingly this game has a lot to live upto in terms of MP balance and gameplay compared to CoD4, but i only say that because i played promod competitivly. Hopefully the future mod tools promised by Treyarch can see that we have a nice balanced promod for black ops...The public ranked servers will be nothing more than a killstreak fest just like MW2...fun but not at all balanced....
Hey I'm not arguing that CoD isn't the most successful FPS franchise ever. Hell I broke down and pre-ordered Black Ops after just a nudge from some of my friends. Even if I only play it for a week they've got my money. I think I misunderstood what you meant about "contender".

After reading about Treyarch's plans for multiplayer on the PC platform as well as watching that 1-hour preview video, the game looks like MW2 without any of the bad parts. If so, it could really be a GOTY candidate.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 10:43 AM   #90
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

I'll be getting this game on release day; I'll definitely post some feedback after I spend some time kicking the tires....

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 11:14 AM   #91
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
I'll be getting this game on release day; I'll definitely post some feedback after I spend some time kicking the tires....
You were one of the people said that you were DEFINITELY not getting it....what changed your mind so drastically?
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 12:02 PM   #92
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
You were one of the people said that you were DEFINITELY not getting it....what changed your mind so drastically?
no homo.

Old 11-04-10, 10:06 PM   #93
jiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Did I say that MW maps were "big and fun"? I'm pretty sure I didn't. I said the CoD:UO maps were too big for LAN parties with 4-8 people, and implied that the maps in MW were adequate for the gameplay. Battlefield and Call of Duty are two completely different games. The huge maps of Battlefield are well suited to its gameplay due to its heavy emphasis on vehicles. Call of Duty lacks vehicles (for the most part) and recent games in the series have limited the size of multiplayer matches so very large maps make no sense. I haven't played Rainbow Six or Rogue Spear in about 10 years so I don't really remember those maps, but I do remember that the gameplay isn't remotely comparable to Call of Duty multiplayer.
This is why BF:2 was great, with the map sizes that varied dependent upon the number of players. The map size varies for the player size. So, at your LAN party with 4-8 players you have a smaller map suited for that many people. But, online when many servers have 36-64 players the small maps are much larger.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 07:52 AM   #94
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Pre-ordered it through Steam, Its installed and ready to play .... Well when its unlocked by Steam.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 01:22 PM   #95
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Pre-ordered it through Steam, Its installed and ready to play .... Well when its unlocked by Steam.
Awesome man...see ya on there.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 01:54 PM   #96
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Awesome man...see ya on there.
Add me via Steam if you like ... My squad has a server pre ordered too, Be sure to pop in and say hi, You could also visit our site for more info, links in my sig.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote