Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-01-10, 09:06 AM   #1
nomec

Default Fallout 3 GOTY SLI help

I was hoping someone on this board would be able to help me with my issue with this game. I have been googling it for like 3-4 hours and I still cannot seem to figure out if there is a fix or not.

I have an SLI setup, and when running this game the sky flickers like crazy. Was there ever a fix for this? I guess it's an issue with SLI and HDR or something along those lines as I have read. I have installed a bunch of different drivers and it still happens no matter what and regardless of the settings I use in nHancer.

Hopefully someone has an answer!
Old 11-02-10, 12:02 AM   #2
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Fallout 3 GOTY SLI help

No 100% yet. Best results run 186.16 drivers without SLI, you can try with SLI but you may find the HDR effect process to quickly, which is another source of flickering, but not as bad as the sky issues.

Next best is to try the newest 260.99 drivers, these are almost as good but can cause the odd stutter. Again SLI off is the best method.

It's a sorry state, but looking up. Both Nvidia and AMD are this far away from fixing the issues for both SLI and Crossfire. Bethesda should help too. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote