Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-11-10, 08:36 AM   #169
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Black Ops Feedback Thread

I hope it does too, I'm trying my hardest to play some Multi... The longest period I'm able to play on any given server is 2 mins. After that, the connection limit on my router gets flooded, which in turn drops steam connection and boots me from the server I was on. I have to wait 30 secs for the Router to recover before I can reconnect to the master server so I can play again.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 09:05 AM   #170
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD View Post
Wow how could this game pass QA ?
Because you dont have 95,000 people all at once connected and trying to play. Seriously this is one of the biggest launch failures in history. I fear it's just poor coding that is at fault here. Expect lots of patches on this one...

they don't even realize there is a problem, I mean cmon really? Did the devs even play it on the PC? This guy sounds like the new idiot of the year to me...why don't you get a high end PC and fire up your train wreck Vahn. The problems will hit you like a 10 ton train moving at light speed....unless you are deaf, dumb and blind you will see the problems.

Hello-

I've generally been the sort that says if I don't have any information it's best to not say anything, but that can get translated incorrectly as being disinterested.

When people are upset, they want answers. When someone from Treyarch replies, but doesn't have answers I have found it just makes them more upset.

This is the truth. As I have said, I'm not totally sure what is going on yet. I am not in the office. I am travelling for work. I can only gleam bits and pieces from various email aliases I am on (and I am not on every alias as it's too much email especially for mobile device when traveling).

I know that Customer Support has been collecting information and trying to sort out the legit reports from the many people who don't meet the system requirements by collecting dxdiags and the like.

I know that the PC server browser was crushing the back-end. At first, queries were restricted and some caching was added to offset the high-load. This should be much better now, if not fixed outright.

I've asked for more information but don't have it yet. Probably because they are all super busy trying to work everything out.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to step on a plane this afternoon and will be out of service for no less than 15 hours. No doubt JD_2020 or the board admins will keep you informed as well as they can and are instructed.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 10:05 AM   #171
PeterJensen

Do they only have one dev or wtf is going on?
Old 11-11-10, 10:47 AM   #172
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Just hit 25. The CZ75 (or whatever the last pistol is) is FREAKING AWESOME! I slapped a suppressor on it and I am owning fools with just the pistol. It is an amazing weapon.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 11:11 AM   #173
mojoman0

Yea it's been out for over two days now. You would they would at least post they're getting close to narrowing it down you would think. Must be working 8 hour days and saying see ya! Ive noticed a couple issues in single player where your objective isn't clearly stated. On the level descending a huge hill in nam I must have tried 30 times against respawning enemies before I realized I had to push the barrels over. I was just trying to get to the rendezvous icon!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 11:14 AM   #174
methimpikehoses

some of the mp maps aren't as bad as others, but i'm still getting occasional stuttering even on the "good" servers.

that said, the game is fun and it does have a lot more mp features than the previous versions.
Old 11-11-10, 12:47 PM   #175
Logical

AK47 = Awesome, Famas is also quite good and the crossbow is just complete fun. 4 ranks off prestige now and imo this is the best CoD yet, i can't wait for mod tools to be released and start playing competitive....maps are awesome and well planned for most gametypes, perks are well balanced, weapons have plenty of recoil...AK 47 even more so than CoD4, killstreaks are ok for public ranked servers and dont usually take over the game as they did in MW2...controlling the gunship whilst aiming at enemies is also an excellent addition...

At the end of the day there will be haters hating, but once the minor issues are sorted i believe this will be the best CoD yet.

GG and WP Treyarch, you sure showed IW this time...

Servers are laggy because the inability to have 'rate 25000', there is no option to change it in server cfg. Gameservers are aware of this problem and have been in contact with Treyarch in allowing the rate (which is set to a depressing 5000, usually good for console but terrible for PC) to be opened for server admins to change.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 12:48 PM   #176
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I feel really blessed in that the game runs perfectly for me, absolutely flawless. How, who or when.... no idea but I cannot complain.

1080p, AF at full, 8x AA. Over 60fps solid at all times, VSync on without frame drops.

I couldn't ask for more than that from any game. My ping also hovers between 20-30 in just about every game i've had on UK servers.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-10, 01:40 PM   #177
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
AK47 = Awesome, Famas is also quite good and the crossbow is just complete fun. 4 ranks off prestige now and imo this is the best CoD yet, i can't wait for mod tools to be released and start playing competitive....maps are awesome and well planned for most gametypes, perks are well balanced, weapons have plenty of recoil...AK 47 even more so than CoD4, killstreaks are ok for public ranked servers and dont usually take over the game as they did in MW2...controlling the gunship whilst aiming at enemies is also an excellent addition...

At the end of the day there will be haters hating, but once the minor issues are sorted i believe this will be the best CoD yet.

GG and WP Treyarch, you sure showed IW this time...

Servers are laggy because the inability to have 'rate 25000', there is no option to change it in server cfg. Gameservers are aware of this problem and have been in contact with Treyarch in allowing the rate (which is set to a depressing 5000, usually good for console but terrible for PC) to be opened for server admins to change.
They were all updated to 25k last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 02:50 PM   #178
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Still not getting much out of the game but surprisingly multiplayer is running somewhat smoother than the single player which is practically unplayable. Something told me go with the console version. I have $50 virtual coaster at the moment.

Also anyone notice hitting many objects produces little to no sound? From the first time I booted up the game I felt the sound just seems off. You hear your gunfire load and clear but when you hit certain objects you don't hear it. Shooting in the wind produces the same sound effect or I should say no sound affect as when hitting some walls. I have adjusted the sliders and it hardly makes any difference.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 03:20 PM   #179
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Ive seen people with little images on there weapons, Does anybody know how this is done?
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 04:16 PM   #180
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Ive seen people with little images on there weapons, Does anybody know how this is done?
Main menu/operations/edit playercard

Once you have created one goto Operations/Custom class/Select class/Primary weapon/Apply emblem

I think you have to be a certain rank to do this not sure what rank but its quite early on.

Heres mine...

Logical is offline   Reply With Quote