Default Re: Official Call of Duty Black Ops Feedback Thread

$15 map pack incoming, surprise surprise. Worst value in gaming
http://mjr.mn/i6hW2u
actually a little better than mw2. 4 new maps and 1 zombie map feb 1 xbox
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 01:33 AM   #578
ViN86

OMG with the $15 map packs. **** off activision. I didn't buy one of them on MW2 and I won't buy one on BO.

When the hell are the mod tools supposed to come out? Are they going to release them after they rape the community with their map packs? Maybe the tools aren't even coming? That's the way it looks atm, if they are going to start charging $15 for map packs.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 01:42 AM   #579
Rummy

Feb 1st? I think we will all be playing Dead Space 2, I know I will be.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 01:53 AM   #580
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Everything is so brown in Vietnam though. I feel like I'm straining to see.
Yeah it's a pain in the a$$, and i once tried to OC my cpu to around 3.4 - 3.5 but then BC2 went very unstable, crashes to desktop quite randomly.. So i clocked back and haven't had any CTD in a long time. Too bad bc2 wont seem to enjoy my overclocking, it could really help the fps :/
Old 12-20-10, 02:21 AM   #581
K007

To Treyarch and Activision

The maps were already developed before launch...

Game still needs fixing so badly...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 03:54 AM   #582
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I won't be buying a map pack for $15. $5 sure, I'd be all over it.

Maybe Treyarch will sneak the maps in a pc patch for free like World at War?

But yeah with a delayed release of a map pack, 360 bs exclusivity I think I'll be playing something else.
Old 12-20-10, 05:44 AM   #583
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Yeah it's a pain in the a$$, and i once tried to OC my cpu to around 3.4 - 3.5 but then BC2 went very unstable, crashes to desktop quite randomly.. So i clocked back and haven't had any CTD in a long time. Too bad bc2 wont seem to enjoy my overclocking, it could really help the fps :/
i bet Vietnam WILL run great! it runs way better
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 07:26 AM   #584
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi View Post
i bet Vietnam WILL run great! it runs way better
Vietnam is extremely frustrating. Was playing last night and it was just NOT fun at all. A few other guys were complaining as well. There is like 9 miles of fog so you can't see much, but I kept getting sniped. Switched to sniper rifle and I was hitting these guys in the head with the M40 rifle... but they were still killing me with an M16. so the range was too far for the M40 but the M16 was picking me off.... seriously?? I could see my shot hitting them in the head. Terrible, terrible game play if you ask me. Most frustrating hour of my life.

Went back to COD BO and played for about 20 minutes. It was the most fun I had gaming last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-10, 09:06 AM   #585
K007

i think the dlc will be free for pc, cause right now i don't think they really care about the sales of the PC...the console masses will go ahead and buy these dlc's..

its a shame because in the past the community would be making maps, and they are out there for free....i miss the good old CS days...and the best part is that CS is still one of the most popular pc online games when it comes to a fps....sure each cod release will have a high player count...but the rate at which it goes down is very high...Black Ops is one of those where they completely trolled the PC community with lies..

can't blame a business it wants to make money..the real culprits are the console players who are willing to pay for DLC that have never experienced MODS/Community Maps/etc..

Sad part is..MW2 aside from its lack of mods/dedi servers...was a far better release then Black Ops...the Black Ops engine is probably the worst multiplayer game i have eva played...so poorly optimized for the PC.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 09:54 AM   #586
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i think the dlc will be free for pc
You've lost your mind if you think that. This is Activision we're talking about, the company that wants to remove cutscenes from video games and charge for them as full price movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
cause right now i don't think they really care about the sales of the PC...
Sadly this is the direction franchises like CoD are going to go. Console sales vastly outweigh PC sales these days, unless the game is a PC exclusive or the PC version has some huge advantage (think Dragon Age and MMORPGs).

Quote:
the console masses will go ahead and buy these dlc's..
Well truthfully you are right, and it's because of this that companies will continue to charge for this stuff. Honestly I don't even think it's a bad thing. The more money these companies make, the more resources they can put into new games.

Quote:
Black Ops is one of those where they completely trolled the PC community with lies..
That's a little melodramatic. What happened was a lack of communication, poor QA testing, and an apparent lack of understanding of their game engine. Incompetent, yes; liars, no.

Quote:
can't blame a business it wants to make money..the real culprits are the console players who are willing to pay for DLC that have never experienced MODS/Community Maps/etc..
It's absurd to blame "console players" as if they're some kind of united, evil organization. Consumers in general are willing to pay for DLC and keep in mind that the vast majority of PC gamers play consoles as well.

Quote:
Sad part is..MW2 aside from its lack of mods/dedi servers...was a far better release then Black Ops...the Black Ops engine is probably the worst multiplayer game i have eva played...so poorly optimized for the PC.
I'd agree MW2 was better than Black Ops. Though I have no performance problems with it, the fact that you can't even pick which team you're on in a ranked server killed the game for me. I only like playing it with my friends and if we can't even be on the same team, what's the point of playing it?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 02:57 PM   #587
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Vietnam is extremely frustrating. Was playing last night and it was just NOT fun at all. A few other guys were complaining as well. There is like 9 miles of fog so you can't see much, but I kept getting sniped. Switched to sniper rifle and I was hitting these guys in the head with the M40 rifle... but they were still killing me with an M16. so the range was too far for the M40 but the M16 was picking me off.... seriously?? I could see my shot hitting them in the head. Terrible, terrible game play if you ask me. Most frustrating hour of my life.

Went back to COD BO and played for about 20 minutes. It was the most fun I had gaming last night!
sounds like a rape
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 07:06 PM   #588
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi View Post
sounds like a rape
or just cheating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote