Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-18-10, 09:44 AM   #13
BigdaveyL

Default Re: 260.19.21 still not working on 10.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crajohns6965 View Post
Same issue here - was able to fix with custom modelines, but auto-select doesn't work and I just get a weak or no signal on my Samsung. Not a big deal for me anymore, but it was kind of a pain.
There must be some sort of regression bug where the driver has trouble putting the correct resolutions together on some display's. Only way is to force it.
BigdaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-10, 05:43 PM   #14
nlamarra

Default 260.19.29 no HDMI audio on 10.10

I just installed x86_64_260.19.29 but cannot get HDMI audio to work on a GT240 under 10.10. Also, I cannot get the screen scaling to reduce so that 1920x1080 fits on my Aquos monitor.

All of the above works fine when I boot Windows7 (including adjusting the screen size to reduce it to fit on the monitor), and I get 5.1 digital audio out of Windows at up to 192KHz. Interestingly, the GT240 needs to be scaled to about 1880x1000 to fit on the 1920x1080 monitor, while all other devices connected to this TV fit properly on the screen at 1920x1080 native resolution...so in Linux I am poking around off the edge of the visible area to access the top administration panels.

Back to the HDMI audio: In System->Prefernces->Sound, the two available hardware devices are the Analog internal (which works out of the headphone socket), or HDMI digital stereo (which doesn't produce any sound via HDMI). There isn't even an option for 5.1 audio from the HDMI.

All this was exactly the same with my previous GT210...

Anyone has any ideas? Thanks, Norm
nlamarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-10, 11:46 AM   #15
eXpert

Angry Re: 260.19.21 still not working on 10.10

Tryed 260.19.29 today. No progress.
I Think this bug is ignored by nvidia. Wish they had a public bugzilla.

@nlamarra
I don't think that our problems have anything in common. I experience absolutely no audio troubles.

@BigdaveyL
I tried using custom modelines. Didn't work for me. See attached new bugreport for current Xorg config.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (68.7 KB, 51 views)
eXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-10, 01:10 PM   #16
nlamarra

Default Re: 260.19.21 still not working on 10.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXpert View Post
Tryed 260.19.29 today. No progress.
I Think this bug is ignored by nvidia. Wish they had a public bugzilla.

@nlamarra
I don't think that our problems have anything in common. I experience absolutely no audio troubles.

@BigdaveyL
I tried using custom modelines. Didn't work for me. See attached new bugreport for current Xorg config.
I found the overscan problem -- TV remote has "view mode" button that needed to be set to "dot-by-dot" instead of "stretch" (this function does not appear in the full on-screen setup menus that I already searched to look for scaling).

HDMI audio issue has to be related to wrong ALSA setup in 10.10, because everything works fine on this machine when I boot Windows7 (dual-boot machine). But I'm pretty ignorant of ALSA configuration and management other than being aware it is there...
nlamarra is offline   Reply With Quote