Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-10, 06:42 PM   #1
nomec

Default Middle mouse in games?

I have a Diamondback 3G, and in games where the middle mouse button click is bound to an action, the game doesn't recognize it. For instance in Bloodline Champions middle mouse is set to the free camera mode, but when I click my middle mouse button it doesn't do anything. If I try to bind anything to the middle mouse button, it will not recognize it as well. It's the same in other games too.

Any ideas?
Old 11-13-10, 06:53 PM   #2
grey_1

Default Re: Middle mouse in games?

Depends on the game. Some I've played have excellent mouse support, others like Dead Space, heaven help you if you even try to rebind keys, much less the mouse.
Old 11-13-10, 07:05 PM   #3
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Depends on the game. Some I've played have excellent mouse support, others like Dead Space, heaven help you if you even try to rebind keys, much less the mouse.
yep.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 07:38 PM   #4
infomercial
*BANNED*

i love using it to switch to my melee weapon in FPS, especially the gauntlet in quake 3!
infomercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 09:43 PM   #5
logan

I've never played Bloodline Champions before, but I regularly use middle click to toggle aiming in CoD and other shooters. Do you have any software installed for the mouse? The stuff I've seen from Logitech lets you configure all different actions for the buttons. Maybe it's not passing the click to the game because it's doing something special for some applications and nothing for fullscreen windows (games, movies) and you need to set it back to sending a normal middle/button 3 click. On unix systems running X11 there's an 'xev' utility that'll tell you what event is being received for a key press or a mouse click. Is there anything like that on Windows? Could help troubleshoot...
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 12:19 AM   #6
Muppet

I use the middle mouse button for the knife in Bad Company 2. It works a treat.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 01:02 AM   #7
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I use the middle mouse button for the knife in Bad Company 2. It works a treat.
i use my thumb button for knife. easier to press quickly i think, if i need to scalp multiple assholes.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 03:23 AM   #8
MaXThReAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
I have a Diamondback 3G, and in games where the middle mouse button click is bound to an action, the game doesn't recognize it. For instance in Bloodline Champions middle mouse is set to the free camera mode, but when I click my middle mouse button it doesn't do anything. If I try to bind anything to the middle mouse button, it will not recognize it as well. It's the same in other games too.

Any ideas?
With my logitech G5 games will not see the middle click unless the function of the button is set only to "middle button" If it's set for anything else like zoom or some kind of scroll it doesn't work. Hope that helps.
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-10, 11:47 AM   #9
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
With my logitech G5 games will not see the middle click unless the function of the button is set only to "middle button" If it's set for anything else like zoom or some kind of scroll it doesn't work. Hope that helps.
Yeah, I assume it has something to do with that. Currently it's set to "universal scrolling," but for some reason there is no generic setting like "middle mouse" to put it to.
Old 11-14-10, 12:00 PM   #10
zeejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
Yeah, I assume it has something to do with that. Currently it's set to "universal scrolling," but for some reason there is no generic setting like "middle mouse" to put it to.
This is because you are probably using razer's mouse driver and he's using logitech's, they name it differently. I'm using a razer deathadder and mine is also set to universal scrolling which is the correct middle button setting. I haven't played Bloodline Champions but I have no problems with the middle button in any of my games.
zeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 01:13 PM   #11
ViN86

You can bind the middle mouse button to a keystroke instead, then bind that key in the game.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote