Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-17-10, 10:58 AM   #25
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: Front Page - Tessellation Hero Challenge: Results are in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGrandpa View Post
He posted that info yesterday at XS forums thread.

My question is will the #1 slot continue to be occupied by the skewed test result? If so why? You can visit the Nvidia forums and read our thread, and see the only discussion about this challenge is the validity of that #1 score. Also having been and Editor at geeksmack.net and understanding how the trust of your readers is needed to survive in this game. I would think you would want that score removed as its fairly evident its false.

EG

Thanks for the warm welcome given the circumstances.
I'm likely going to remove teh 3x 470 score.. but I'm left wondering if the 3x 480 score is indeed valid for this challenge given that he's running an extremely optimized and barebones OS that he customized for benchmarking.

Again this was done just for fun; I don't want things getting too serious.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 11:14 AM   #26
ExtremeGrandpa
One Cool cat

I agree that there are certain parameters that you can not control in this kind of testing. I sat down with 3 people last night and we found a slew of ways to manipulate the results of the test. I wont post those results in an open forum, but if you would like the results I will make them availiable to you via email or PM.

Dropping that score would be beneficial towards maintaining the integrity of the table IMHO. I hadnt had much dealings with this site prior to this, but it seems a nice place for the most part. Once the table has been adjusted if thats what you decide, I will add my test results so you can review them. And I am sure others at the nvidia forum will do the same once they see the playing field has been leveled out so to speak.

I think I will make this forum a part of my daily routine from now on.

EG

And just to note: It was for fun, but we gamers have a competitive nature and things can go from play to serious quite fast at times. But also to add its been less than a year sense I put my LN2 pots to rest. And this was due to the black eye the overclocking community took because of some false test scores or better yet sharing of test scores. I am still on a HWbot team, but things havent been the same sense. I dont want to berate the community at XS, but they should know better than others what this kind of behavior can cause.
ExtremeGrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 09:00 AM   #27
GitDat

How about @ 5760 x 1080 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heaven.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	41668  
EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX Titan SC's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 8941 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround
GitDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 06:43 PM   #28
MikeC
Administrator

Sign me up

Comes in at 28th place.

25.4fps - GTX 480 - 825/1650/2200 - i7 940 - 2930 (stock) - MikeC - NV News

Should be able to get higher overclocks now that outdoor temps are cooler.

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 06:55 PM   #29
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I feel like Bob, bringin' up the rear.

bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote