Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-02-10, 12:05 PM   #61
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Nope, and nhancer aint supporting 2xx series forceware.. though u knew this. And nvidia inspector, sure can give it a try but my hopes are low. Even if i get AA working it wont fix the other things on my list above right...
Old 12-02-10, 12:08 PM   #62
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Crappy handling arcade ****, impossible turns etc total lack of realism, Mediocre graphics, non working AA, irritating menus and lots of consolized bull****, and more importantly... demanding, i get 25 - 30 fps when driving around.. WTF??????????????????????
I can max out crysis and get more fps than this and it looks billion times better
Pinned at 60fps here at my native resolution of 1440x900 and I think it's a really nice looking game. Did you enable the high resolution textures?

You could power slider around corners which makes for more fun as well.

Hopefully NVIDIA will enable AA in the next driver release.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 07:12 PM   #63
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Uninstalled... gave it to my brother.

game ran excellent though. no crashes, smooth as glass at max settings, etc.

There is just too much arcadey-ness to it. I understand that it's meant to be more of an arcade racer but when I fight my ass off over half the course for the lead and see 2 cars that were fighting for 1st and 2nd place crash then flipping and landing upside down only for them to be ON MY BUMPER LITERALLY 7 seconds later?!?!

Hysterically bad car physics aside, if I fight for the lead and take it, I shouldn't have to worry about having to defend it from guys who I just saw eliminate themselves from the race entirely.

What makes me even MORE mad though like rubbing salt in the wound is that the ONE time I screw up those bastards disappear over the horizon never to be seen again. no chance to catch them.

Back to Shift for me.
Agree almost with all of these. I don't care if a game is challenging. This rubber banding is unacceptable though. There are a lot of things you can do to have challenging chases with a lot of cops that are not catching up with you in a split of a second. Also, driving feels a lot like Ridge Racer (i sh!t you not, especially the nitro-sliding turns and the way you're taking them . The only difference is that you are invincible in Ridge Racer while you're sliding, thus you're not hitting the walls).
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 01:15 AM   #64
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Also, driving feels a lot like Ridge Racer (i sh!t you not, especially the nitro-sliding turns and the way you're taking them .
Glad im not the only one who thought this. When I started power sliding on every turn and didn't recover from them in the same way I could in normal racers, I instantly thought i was in a ridge racer clone.
Old 12-03-10, 08:06 AM   #65
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Pinned at 60fps here at my native resolution of 1440x900 and I think it's a really nice looking game. Did you enable the high resolution textures?

You could power slider around corners which makes for more fun as well.

Hopefully NVIDIA will enable AA in the next driver release.
omfg.. hows this possible? On a dualcore and a crappy 9800gtx???? Why do i get so bad framerates? I have a 295 ffs along with the newest 260.xx drivers. maybe i need the beta drivers. I have the same problem in BC2, low fps.. 25 - 30, same engine i presume? As it's in cooperation with DICE. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG?
Old 12-03-10, 09:44 AM   #66
JohnDio

Quote:
omfg.. hows this possible? On a dualcore and a crappy 9800gtx???? Why do i get so bad framerates? I have a 295 ffs along with the newest 260.xx drivers. maybe i need the beta drivers. I have the same problem in BC2, low fps.. 25 - 30, same engine i presume? As it's in cooperation with DICE. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG?
Hot Pursuit has SLI issues. Run it in Single GPU mode and you'll be fine
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 10:03 AM   #67
Sean_W

Quote:
I have a Quad-Core actually and a GTS250 is not a crappy card by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 12-03-10, 02:08 PM   #68
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
I have a Quad-Core actually and a GTS250 is not a crappy card by any stretch of the imagination.
Wow, i mistaked your cpu for the e8400, saw now u got q8400. My cpu is still better. Well, gonna try and turn off SLI mode see if it helps.

And the gtx250 or shall we call it by its right name instead? 9800GTX, which is slightly faster than my old 8800GTX i had back when crysis was released in 2007.. And that is definitely not a fast card anymore, try play Metro or Crysis and bump up the settings haha, then you will see what i mean.

Old 12-03-10, 02:40 PM   #69
Sean_W

I can play all of my games at my native resolution and full settings, so there is no issue.

I don't go around knocking other people because they have lower spec graphics cards, since they are most likely on a budget, like me.
Old 12-04-10, 06:47 AM   #70
Sectus

I recorded some footage of a mod which allows you to play with a ****pit view:

It works surprisingly, and it reminds me of older NFS games. You even get working side and rearview mirrors, which is a bit nuts Criterion even added that to the game since you'd normally not even see them.

Of course, there are some bad sides, like:
-Some clipping issues
-****pit models looks like they're from 2003 or so
-A few cars is especially ugly in ****pit view
-You need to spend 5-10 seconds at start of race to tweak the camera so it's in a proper position

I like playing with it. It makes all the cars feel more different than one another too. The mod is available here: http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php...ds&showfile=64

Edit: Darnit, c0ckpit is censored!
Sectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 08:05 AM   #71
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sectus View Post
Edit: Darnit, c0ckpit is censored!
That's why I put 'in-car dashboard' view.
Old 12-04-10, 08:39 AM   #72
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
I can play all of my games at my native resolution and full settings, so there is no issue.
"all my games" Ye, but try full settings in Metro and feel the framedrops!