Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-03, 07:19 PM   #61
CapsLock

thanx Ruined.

So what do you think about the new drivers? A miracle of valid optimization, or blatant nya-nya, can't catch us now!

FutureMark, I think, has merely chosen a slower(?) path to destruction when they backed off on calling cheats for what they are-cheats!!

Now who cares what your score is, it can't be compared to the competition. The score is now irrelevant, even in the abstract.

Caps
Old 08-03-03, 09:07 AM   #62
digitalwanderer

Angry THIS IS TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!

It was just pointed out to me at B3D that the numbers in the xbit lab article on nVidia dominating the market place came from Mercury Research.

Does Mercury Research ring a bell with anyone? I'll give you some hints; they gave an award to the nV30 as the most innovative chip in 2002 before it was even available and we all got to meet our special buddy Peter Glaskowhatshisface when he came here to explain to us how wrong we were about the nV30.

THIS IS JUST PR BS, NOTHING MORE!!!

(Sorry if I'm a bit ranty, I'm mad at myself for not catching the Mercury Research bit before it was pointed out to me...I HATE paid shills like that! )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-03-03, 09:46 AM   #63
Skuzzy
Bit Bumper

Just a guess digiw,...you have not had your coffee yet?

One thing cool about market research. If you have a specific goal to reach you will be able to get it substantiated given enough polls of the right people.
Old 08-03-03, 09:48 AM   #64
Ruined

Default Re: THIS IS TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
THIS IS JUST PR BS, NOTHING MORE!!!
Are you suggesting that Mercury Research just fabricates numbers out of thin air? I don't think any 'Research' company (who researches more than just video cards) would do something like that just to satisfy one particular company - it would be too risky for the rest of their business. You may not like the numbers, or the way XBITLABS presented them, but I don't see any reason to believe they are false, especially when Mercury Research researches more than just video cards. I dont see why it is so hard to believe that Nvidia's marketing has succeeded in this case, just as it has numerous times in the past...

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Last edited by Ruined; 08-03-03 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-03-03, 09:56 AM   #65
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Re: THIS IS TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruined
Are you suggesting that Mercury Research just fabricates numbers out of thin air?
Of course they do, because the Almighty Digitialwanderer has deemed it so!
Old 08-03-03, 10:12 AM   #66
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

he does at least have a point though...

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

Old 08-03-03, 10:16 AM   #67
Ruined

Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
Not really - giving awards is a lot different than making up numbers.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Old 08-03-03, 10:16 AM   #68
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
Not really. We're dealing with two different things here. One is market numbers (which would be an incredibly stupid move to fake), the other is an opinion on what was deemed to be the best/most innnovative/whatever video card.

Edit: Ooooh...mind meld.

Old 08-03-03, 10:18 AM   #69
walkndude

I don't see a point, just another accusation. There's a difference.

Old 08-03-03, 10:38 AM   #70
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

I think he has a point in that it's not outta line IMO to feel a little bit "rrrrr " about the numbers GIVEN the last debacle involving them... I'm not proclaining invalidity, just the fact that it's not outta the question to have a funny feeling about how the numbers were put together.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

Old 08-03-03, 11:06 AM   #71
walkndude

I feel like I'm spoon feeding my kid here...

Digit isnt just "suspicious" about the numbers as you are rage(as anyone should of any market research)...

Read the reply again maybe. He purports it to be absolutely false and nothing more than PR. Period. That is his "point".

I could care less how much market share either company has as long as they stay afloat and continue to make quality cards. This thread just goes to show how deep the zelousness runs with some people around here...

Hellbinder accusing nVidia of probably killing people is classic, although I'm sure he'll respond he was just "kidding around"...
I assure you he wasn't

Old 08-03-03, 12:12 PM   #72
CapsLock

HellBinder said:

Still does not change the fact that % of products shipped does not = % of market.

This also just goes to show you that Nvidia can Lie, Cheat, steal, and probably kill people.. and for some reason the masses still think they are the best. Just like they have gotten away with stringing people along for nearly a year inticing them to *wait for the 9700pro killer*.. becuase its obviously going to be better etc etc. Yet even the 5900U is inferior in Dx9 performance and other features. Does it matter? no....

walkndude said:

Hellbinder accusing nVidia of probably killing people is classic, although I'm sure he'll respond he was just "kidding around"...
I assure you he wasn't.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? ????????????????

LMAO @ walkndude.

Yea, you caught em dood. HellBinders post was a very clear accusation of Nvidia's having a completely illegal secret assassin team.

No, I'm not talking about the legal kind of assassins, nor the non-secret public kind.

Yea, that was exactly what his post was about. Way to pick that up. You are far to smart for HellBinder. Thank you ever so much for looking out for the rest of us. Boy, that HB, he sure is a NUT!
He'll just say the craziest things and accuse people of the most outlandish Bull***t.

Hey, Walkndude, maybe you should get a special medal for this?

Or something.

Caps

edit: whoops, sorry walkndude, you obviously don't get hyperbole or humerous sarcasm, I was just kidding about you being smart.

Last edited by CapsLock; 08-03-03 at 12:24 PM.
Closed Thread