Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-03, 12:21 PM   #73
walkndude

scratches head while chuckling...

Old 08-03-03, 01:46 PM   #74
CapsLock

also scratches head while chuckling....yea thats a great defence of a totally ludicrous accusation/character attack.

Go Dood.

Caps
Old 08-03-03, 03:10 PM   #75
aapo

Quote:
Originally posted by Nv40
its not the quantity but the quality of the competition that force prices lower.
Well said! Let's hope the competition stays as hard as it has been. And it surely seems to be a good race ahead between some vendors..
Old 08-03-03, 04:10 PM   #76
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by CapsLock
also scratches head while chuckling....yea thats a great defence of a totally ludicrous accusation/character attack.
If you'd been around these boards as long as we have you'd know that at times Hellbinder has been far, far worse.
Old 08-03-03, 06:45 PM   #77
serAph
The Original Superfreak

Send a message via ICQ to serAph Send a message via AIM to serAph Send a message via Yahoo to serAph

Quote:
Before you jump to any conclusions about how either company is doing, you might want to do a little more research. This was posted by hiamps at rage3d, I'm not exactly sure of his source however I have seen these same numbers in numerous places myself.

Ontario-based ATI Technologies (NASDAQ:ATYT - News) is one of two main players in the market for video processors, the chips used in personal computers to display game graphics and movies. Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA - News), headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., is the other. The pair has been locked in fierce competition for years, but a look at ATI's fiscal third-quarter results, reported June 25, shows that ATI may be starting to gain market share.

Revenues of $342.1 million for the quarter ended May 31 trounced both the consensus expectation of $305 million and ATI's own guidance of $300 million, and represented year-over-year growth of 28%. Nvidia's most recent quarterly filing showed a 31% year-over-year revenue decline. And while Nvidia's guidance calls for, at most, 8% revenue growth this quarter, ATI is expecting at least 40%.

and just found to corroborate the 31% nvidia decline at x-bit:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...728155713.html

So, how about them apples? Nvidia is big and has money, but I think Ati is puttin the hurt on.

CapsLock
ok - didnt read past the first line, 2nd paragraph. There are more than 2 major gfx players - there are THREE. Ati is the 3rd out of them. both nVidia and Intel outsell ATI by volume and profit in the graphic hardware business. And now I see why ATi has a great card, but suffers from STUPID PROBLEMS, CONSTANTLY! (CANADA BASED!)

peace
Old 08-03-03, 07:57 PM   #78
CapsLock

Now, then Mr. serAph, being a Canuck, you don't expect me to just let that slide now do you?

Does Intel sell ANY seperate graphics products? Not as far as I know, but that doesn't matter really. How often have I heard people say Nvidia has 2/3rds of the market to Ati's 1/3, (completely discounting Intel)? Actually, the last numbers I heard were nvidia 56%, ati 44% (based on intel 31%,nvidia 27%, ati 21% plus remainder)

AND if you had bothered to read further, you would have discovered that the figures presented have nothing to do with %'s of market held. They are all based on straight revenue.

Now if you are under the mistaken impression that Mercury Research is a solid and reliable source of information, please allow me to paste up a recent post of mine at B3D:

QUOTE:
This is the first reason why Mercury Research should be doubted as having any kind of credibility: thier very own freaking website:

http://www.mercuryresearch.com/

Please note as you peruse this marvel of slick PR and technological know-how (not to mention enormous substance), that:

1. It looks like a 12 year old did it!!!!!!!

2. It looks like a 12 year old did it-in a couple of hours!!!!!

3. Where the hell is "Cave Creek, Az"?

Googling "Cave Creek" I have discovered that it is a town of an entire 3,728 people (in 1,571 homes), located 25 miles north of Phoenix. And as anybody can tell you, they know thier IT in Cave Creek. Its like Silicon Valley 2, for petes sake.

Please do not confuse this Mercury Research with this Mercury Research, because the second one, even though its based in Romania, looks extremely proffessional and legit. It does provide a nice comparison though.

(I love the Cave Creek Mercury Research's contact page especially http://www.mercuryresearch.com/reachus.html )

CapsLock

PS. After noting thier products proven worth and industry recognition, as clearly demonstrated by thier website, I am so ready to plunk down 10,000 USD. (Check out the beautiful order form page.)

Could Nvidia sink any lower than hiring/buying these clowns?

Wow, how come no one noticed this before?
ENDQUOTE

As for the Canada crack, everyone knows Quebec maple syrup is better than Vermont maple syrup. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

CapsLock
Old 08-03-03, 08:00 PM   #79
ChrisRay

Quote:
As for the Canada crack, everyone knows Quebec maple syrup is better than Vermont maple syrup. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
*off topic* ha ha too bad your beef is still banned
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 08-03-03, 08:16 PM   #80
CapsLock

Chris Ray wrote:

also off topic:

ya, ha-ha, its really funny the way the US government is punishing farmers (who largely come from a province, Alberta, that made a big deal about supporting the war on Iraq) for what the rest of Canada and its gov't did.

I was actually trying to make a lighten up joke, your humour merely highlights your ignorance and lack of compassion.

Caps

Old 08-03-03, 08:23 PM   #81
ChrisRay

Quote:
Chris Ray wrote:

also off topic:

ya, ha-ha, its really funny the way the US government is punishing farmers (who largely come from a province, Alberta, that made a big deal about supporting the war on Iraq) for what the rest of Canada and its gov't did.

I was actually trying to make a lighten up joke, your humour merely highlights your ignorance and lack of compassion.

Caps
Umm. Obviously You missed my frown. Where I obviously showing sympathy to your situation.

And Lastly. I was laughing at your joke. I'm actually full aware of the situation with Canadian Beef and how its drastically hitting your economy.

And, Lastly. It's our food and drug administration who vetod it. Not our presidential adminsitration. So you should take up your complaints with them.

Cuz you're attacking the wrong branch of goverment.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 08-03-03, 08:24 PM   #82
walkndude

I think the sarz may be affecting him Chris, lets try to give hellbinder, er I mean Capslock a break.

Old 08-03-03, 08:45 PM   #83
CapsLock

Well, I guess I owe you an apology Chris. I misinterpreted your joke. An unhappy face may have easily been meant sardonically.

However, if you think that only one (1) case of mad cow is the actual reason that there is still a ban, after all the testing thats been done (long ago), then I doubt you understand international politics too well.

Walkndude, I still haven't recieved any intelligent reply to your HB comment. Afraid too?

Caps

Back on topic: Please check out the Merc Res. web site and compare it to a real one.

http://www.mercury.ro/home_ie.html
Old 08-03-03, 08:50 PM   #84
ChrisRay

Quote:
Well, I guess I owe you an apology Chris. I misinterpreted your joke. An unhappy face may have easily been meant sardonically.

However, if you think that only one (1) case of mad cow is the actual reason that there is still a ban, after all the testing thats been done (long ago), then I doubt you understand international politics too well.

Walkndude, I still haven't recieved any intelligent reply to your HB comment. Afraid too?

Caps

Back on topic: Please check out the Merc Res. web site and compare it to a real one.

http://www.mercury.ro/home_ie.html

Actually I'm fully aware that its one cow. And that out FDA has applied a ban because of that one cow. And I'm fully convinced It's not a "threat" to our community.

Anyways. I'm simply saying you're blame should be placed onto the FDA, Rather than blaming our presidential admin.

We need your beef as much as you need to sell it. I believe eventually they will take off the ban. But it's going to damage your economy further during the wait process.

There has been and will continue to be alot of lobbying on your behalf on this issue.

And Yes. That Mercuryresearch.com website seems quite tacky. I agree~

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Closed Thread