Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-11, 12:20 PM   #1189
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Just played Caspian border. Enough to put me off the game entirely...Thankyou EA/Dice for giving me the opportunity to try out BF3 before i buy it, you have now saved me a good 35 quid that i can spend on a game that deserves it.

Why i dislike BF3 so far...
Lag
glitches
regless
spawn killers
team killers (running people over in jeeps as they wait for plane sigh)
glitchy sound
Visuals aren't THAT good
mouse performance is terrible (input lag)
annoying 1 hit shots from a smg hitting me from what seems like 10 miles across a map and killing me, so far the guns are way unbalanced.....

Why is everyone enjoying this beta? Is it just me that hates what the Dice team have done ?

Had to come off bf3 beta and have a quick game of cod4 just to remind me how an FPS game should play...yes i did just say that because behind all the glorious visuals that some say they have seen in bf3 the actual gameplay as far as fps games go isnt that good.

Im with you.. I think people just want to hate MW3 and this is the only other option. Lots of undeserved love for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 12:20 PM   #1190
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
it is probably because of the added stress. yesterday it was smooth as a baby's bottom.
I hit a few servers doing it yesterday. Today is much worse though.

Quote:
Old 09-29-11, 12:25 PM   #1191
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium nate View Post
yeah i ****ing do that and it says their all full

i click quick match something pops up on the bottom saying match making, in game press alt enter to full screen and it just stays their this game sucks ass apile of **** i cant wait for wm3
nate to join, just find the lowest ping one by sorting by ping, then just sit there and spam the join game button. eventually you'll get in. thats how i do it
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 12:27 PM   #1192
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:

Why i dislike BF3 so far...
Lag
glitches
regless
spawn killers
team killers (running people over in jeeps as they wait for plane sigh)
glitchy sound
Visuals aren't THAT good
mouse performance is terrible (input lag)
annoying 1 hit shots from a smg hitting me from what seems like 10 miles across a map and killing me, so far the guns are way unbalanced.....
Odd, I've played for about 10 hours so far and seen nothing you mention...

-If you have Lag go to a different server. I've played on many servers that have been flawless besides the occasional crash.
-Glitches? Its a beta.
-Spawn Killers? Stop sucking
-Team Killers? Just douches, go to a different server, you will find this in any game. lol
-Sound is flawless here...
-Graphic settings don't work. Going from low to Ultra has no difference. Only 2 settings work. This is expected though to keep the file size down.
-Mouse laggy? Turn off HBAO and VSYNC. Same problem with BC2.

Most of what you complain about is user error. lol

People don't seem to understand what a beta means though. It means that the game is still in development and beta is for testing features to find bugs... If you don't want to deal with bugs don't play a beta. Simple as that. People who are letting a beta change their opinion on the game are nothing but little bratty kids who want everything when they want it how they want it.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 12:31 PM   #1193
bob saget

Quote:

Why is everyone enjoying this beta? Is it just me that hates what the Dice team have done ?
I think because at the end of the day, it is a unique gaming experience. Probably feels more like a COD than BC2. It is VERY hard to transition from BC2 into this though. Countless matches I have led the team in deaths... The amount of shots it takes to bring you down in BC2 gives you a certain freedom, so for example you know that you can run across some doorway even if you get hit. Here there is no such thing.
Old 09-29-11, 12:32 PM   #1194
Roliath

there is no input lag
Old 09-29-11, 12:43 PM   #1195
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
I think because at the end of the day, it is a unique gaming experience. Probably feels more like a COD than BC2. It is VERY hard to transition from BC2 into this though. Countless matches I have led the team in deaths... The amount of shots it takes to bring you down in BC2 gives you a certain freedom, so for example you know that you can run across some doorway even if you get hit. Here there is no such thing.
You can't play this game like BC2 or you will fail horribly. It's not the same game, if it was the same game it would be called BC2. There is no run and gun in this game. Run and gun gets you killed instantly. It's all about using teamwork, cover, and any other strategic tactics to beat your enemy.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 12:45 PM   #1196
Roliath

people are playing this game as if they were a medic in bc2. you can do that in bc2, but not in bf3 guise come on!

Old 09-29-11, 01:31 PM   #1197
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
It's because this is a real battlefield game. Not every gun is hyper accurate and you can't take 10 bullets and still run up and knife someone. MUCH better than bfbc2
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 01:49 PM   #1198
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

I tried this with my two 460 768s in SLI (that new driver's a bit wonky in its implementation/switching on/off of SLI, have you noticed that?)... and tried 19x10 16xAF Ultra Detail, 4x MSAA set to "enhance application setting" and also set that to the same in the game control panel... kept HBAO on (does anyone have any screenies of HBAO vs SSAO vs OFF?) ... and even with my 1090t @ 4ghz, and 8gb DDR3, and a new install of Win7 the game was running like dog crap. Dips into single digits using FRAPS. Tried Medium Detail with SSAO instead of HBAO, and didn't get much better of results.

So now I'll pop in two GTX 560 1gb cards and see how much better they do, both at stock frequencies (one's a stock reference speed, the other is a SuperClocked that for whatever reason won't run right at the lowered reference frequencies), and overclocked healthily.

I remember the 2x 560s wiping the floor with the 460 768 in Metro 2033 Ultra Detail; I'm kinda thinking this might just be a replay of that scenario.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 01:50 PM   #1199
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
It's because this is a real battlefield game. Not every gun is hyper accurate and you can't take 10 bullets and still run up and knife someone. MUCH better than bfbc2
Old 09-29-11, 01:58 PM   #1200
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

It plays more like MOH meets COD. Ambient Occlusion causes some input lag, disable it.

Quote: