Old 09-30-11, 02:29 PM   #1321
lee63
Classified

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

I keep getting a code 1 error...
Old 09-30-11, 02:32 PM   #1322
Bearclaw

So, after playing a few hours, initial impressions.

The browser - I don't mind it exactly, anymore. I like that you can keep that open and then launch a game from it. Simpler than launching whole game. I also enjoy the COMM feature with friends, etc. That being said, the search needs to be improved and I get errors constantly trying to join games. Whether it is full but doesn't say, timeout error, random errors, etc. Should see this get fixed though so not worried.

Gameplay - Smooth so far. Haven't experienced any issues with lines, dropping through maps, etc. as other people have said. It's different for sure. Will take some time getting used to the general characteristics but it is a positive upgrade. One thing I don't like is the menu, setting key bindings, etc. You have to in a game and alive to do it. I get killed often when trying to change settings and it exits out and I have to redo it. Hopefully they change this.

Maps/round - It's a beta and only one map now but can't get into it. WAY too linear. It's walking down a hallways and hoping you can dodge quick enough to make it to the mcomm. I don't expect all maps to be like this but why beta test this one? It's junk.

Don't like how the map doesn't show the FULL map when you expand it. Would like to see where I am relative to the whole map.
Old 09-30-11, 02:38 PM   #1323
mojoman0

holy smokes 78,000 people playing the beta right now. wonder how that changes throughout the day

http://battletracker.com/index.php
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 02:50 PM   #1324
Rummy

Anyone try this yet?

1. Close Origin
2. Add Origin.exe as Non-Steam Game
3. Launch Origin from Steam
4. Launch BF3 from Origin
5. Enjoy the Steam Overlay in BF3

Still a bit buggy though, when you quit BF3 and Origin, it still says your playing Origin (or what ever you renamed it).
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 02:59 PM   #1325
mojoman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Anyone try this yet?

1. Close Origin
2. Add Origin.exe as Non-Steam Game
3. Launch Origin from Steam
4. Launch BF3 from Origin
5. Enjoy the Steam Overlay in BF3

Still a bit buggy though, when you quit BF3 and Origin, it still says your playing Origin (or what ever you renamed it).
funny. or you can press shift + f1 and use the origin overlay
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 03:04 PM   #1326
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
funny. or you can press shift + f1 and use the origin overlay
yeah but I have moar friends on Steam
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 03:33 PM   #1327
Blade
It's just a ride....

Man i must learn to stay away from those Origin forums, it's fkn Kid I Don't Know **** City!

They are crying by the thousand in silly petitions about things they call "broken" but are simpy disabled during the beta, like ultra graphics settings & disabled squad features, why people don't read or research drives me nuts!

As for the game, sure it's buggy, sure it has issues, sure it's a beta but......... IT FKN ROCKS!

Thank you.

Ranted//
Old 09-30-11, 03:50 PM   #1328
Logical

I may have found the problem with the major issue im having...I didn't think of this earlier and now im kicking myself for not trying it...The BF3 beta nvidia drivers breaks the game for me.

My brother has an identical rig to mine cept the chassis, he plays bf3 beta and tells me he gets no stuttering when moving mouse the only difference is that he is running the whql drivers not the bf3 beta..soo uninstalling beta drivers and reverting bk, will update when done.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-11, 03:53 PM   #1329
Logical

n/m
Old 09-30-11, 04:18 PM   #1330
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
n/m
lolz, so that wasnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 04:19 PM   #1331
knghtwhosaysni
Ni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I may have found the problem with the major issue im having...I didn't think of this earlier and now im kicking myself for not trying it...The BF3 beta nvidia drivers breaks the game for me.

My brother has an identical rig to mine cept the chassis, he plays bf3 beta and tells me he gets no stuttering when moving mouse the only difference is that he is running the whql drivers not the bf3 beta..soo uninstalling beta drivers and reverting bk, will update when done.
I think I noticed this jerkiness too once I installed the beta drivers; rolling back to 280.26 now and I'll see if there's a difference again. We both have 200 series so that would make sense...

edit: yeah definitely a lot smoother with 280.26. FRAPS doesn't say the FPS is any different but it definitely looks much smoother
| i7-2600k | ASUS P8H67-M LE | eVGA GTX 275 1792MB | 8GB 1333mhz | Samsung 830 64GB | Seagate 7200.10 320GB | Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB | Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell S2209W | Audio-Technica ATH-A700 | Logitech G500 | Logitech Driving Force GT |
knghtwhosaysni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 04:31 PM   #1332
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by knghtwhosaysni View Post
I think I noticed this jerkiness too once I installed the beta drivers; rolling back to 280.26 now and I'll see if there's a difference again. We both have 200 series so that would make sense...

edit: yeah definitely a lot smoother with 280.26. FRAPS doesn't say the FPS is any different but it definitely looks much smoother
yep worked for me too, i didn't think about reverting back because of the so called 30% increase in performance with the beta drivers...I guess thats for DX11 cards only.

Now lets see if i can enjoy the beta a little more without encountering too many bugs like this one...