Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-01-11, 03:45 PM   #1405
Bearclaw

Finally got the hang of the new style after 4-5 hours. Averaging 1 K/D ratio each game AND just unlocked laser sight. Can't shoot without it.
Old 10-01-11, 04:02 PM   #1406
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
any tips guys about crossfire? do's and don'ts?
Don't use crossfire.
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 04:20 PM   #1407
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
so this brand new 2nd 6870 is useless?
No man im joking. You are using the Catalyst 11.10 drivers recommended for BF3 right?
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
Old 10-01-11, 04:23 PM   #1408
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

w00t!
Old 10-01-11, 04:28 PM   #1409
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well then you clearly played the good old CoDs wrong!
CoD 2 S&D or HQ is one of the best Multiplayer ever created.
Where did I say I bounced around like a spaz? I said the people that play it do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Honestly, when COD when was only on PC, where it started, it was definitely not a "kids" game... the only reason it now has taken on that is because it went to consoles. Kids play consoles... once COD went to the consoles everyone associates COD with kids because of that. Blame the consoles for that, not the adult gamers that play it on PC. They've changed the game to appeal to the moms of kids that want to run and gun and act like idiots with a headset on...cause thats where the 6.5 million sales come from.

Greed has ruined the COD franchise. There is no skill involved you are right about that, it's reflexes and luck.
I think you are right when COD first came out. I enjoyed it back then. It was great. Now it just seems goofy.

I'm just saying that video games in general don't take skill, or at least a skill that is worth while having. I doubt very much my ability to pown in COD translate well into me managing my crew at work. I just take them for what they are, games. Just sit back, relax and have fun blowing stuff up. All the other stuff fanboys and hardcore nerds talk about is silly.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 04:41 PM   #1410
ElL33t
Brobama

I am liking this game the more I play it. yeah it has bugs but man the load times are silly fast.
It really doesn't feel like BF to me. It is completely different from the first two. Not in a bad way, just different.

I have noticed the sniper campers do rack up a lot of kills. Kind of cheap but that's how it is.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 06:38 PM   #1411
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Finally got the hang of the new style after 4-5 hours. Averaging 1 K/D ratio each game AND just unlocked laser sight. Can't shoot without it.
I spent a couple hours last night playing the Beta. While I like the maps, I still feel like this is just more of the same from BC2. I'll wait on this one for a while. Beta deleted.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 07:10 PM   #1412
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
Where did I say I bounced around like a spaz? I said the people that play it do.

I think you are right when COD first came out. I enjoyed it back then. It was great. Now it just seems goofy.

I'm just saying that video games in general don't take skill, or at least a skill that is worth while having. I doubt very much my ability to pown in COD translate well into me managing my crew at work. I just take them for what they are, games. Just sit back, relax and have fun blowing stuff up. All the other stuff fanboys and hardcore nerds talk about is silly.
Thing is you will never have a strategic game on a public server with any CoD, join a clan and play an official match and the whole game opens up into a VERY skillfull strategic game where teamplay is a must...this is what i like about CoD but have missed since cod4...MW2, W@W and blops suck when it comes to competitive play, however blops has recently stepped up a gear since the release of XKmod which is similar to cod4 promod.

I also think its gonna be the same route for me with bf3, theres just too many lowbies on public servers to take advantage of strategies and a 32 v 32 clan war (conquest gametype of course) kinda makes me horny. Thats not to say i wont play on public but i find clan wars a whole better experience.

Also some players make a living from playing at major LANs and winning huge amounts of money, corsair are holding a tournament soon for cod4 with a winning prize of $10,000

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=6935

Proffesional teams such as Dignitas, Reason, Fnatic, team coolermaster and eSuba enter competitions like this all over Europe and sometimes USA. As a game dies off so do the tournaments and LANs for said game and as a result a newer game is needed hence all the agro IW and Treyarch get when they release crap that is not esports friendly.

Nothing silly about being this skillful, a guy who i would consider the best CoD4 scope ever to grace CoD4 and i would know cos i played against him a few times.

Soz for off topic, i just thought it worth mentioning that proffesional teams take games seriously and to get that good is godly. I just hope that it is possible for players to get this skillful on BF3 and MW3.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-11, 08:32 PM   #1413
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

seen those clips years ago. so epic...cod4 4 ever
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 08:50 PM   #1414
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Yeah watching them again made me want to install cod4 and get into some mixes but unfortunatly my skill level wont be as it was 3 years ago

I do hope BF3/MW3 are successful in esports, would love to compete again at a high level.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 08:53 PM   #1415
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
+1
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 09:57 PM   #1416
|MaguS|

This game runs awesome for me at 2048x1152 @ Ultra Settings. Im surprised, I really like this game. Its far better and more enjoyable in the mp for me then BF:BC. Just wish the characters didn't sound like such assbags.