Sniper - Defending

UMP
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 07:01 AM   #1442
Logical

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I remember that. But that didn't stop my from using the highest quality settings. I have no respect for "gamers" trying to "cheat" by using the lowest possible visual settings.
Same but i wouldn't go as far as to call it cheating, someone with a high skill level and a natural talent of FPS games would pwn anyone with a low/mediocre skill with low cfg/game settings. Most of the time these days cfg tweaks are only to make the game run at a higher fps with better bullet reg and the cvars that do remove 'too much' are usually anticheat protected or locked down.

BF3beta seems to have a balance in terms of how much scenary is used for ultra and low settings and the advantages aren't that great for someone seeking a clearer view, although fps do increase. I guess it has more to do with lighting, shaders and shadows rather than increasing on screen visibility.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 07:58 AM   #1443
ArrowMk84

Now that I've learned most of the side passages, Operation Metro is pretty fun. The way it plays reminds of Valparaíso, only with it being more blatant about the corridor it puts you in. The fact that I've got some decent unlocks also helps.

Anyone know if we keep our rank/unlock progress when the beta ends or is EA going to throw the reset switch?
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 08:39 AM   #1444
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
do you have a link guys for the 11.10 catalyst drivers for bf3? i'm using win7 32bit.
Here ya go

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2795
Old 10-02-11, 09:27 AM   #1445
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
Now that I've learned most of the side passages, Operation Metro is pretty fun. The way it plays reminds of Valparaíso, only with it being more blatant about the corridor it puts you in. The fact that I've got some decent unlocks also helps.

Anyone know if we keep our rank/unlock progress when the beta ends or is EA going to throw the reset switch?
I wish... itll be reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 09:30 AM   #1446
mojoman0

All ranks reset. They're using the data to adjust how much the awards are worth and how long it takes to rank. I'm assuming they will slow it down.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 09:40 AM   #1447
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Would be silly for a beta to restrict something like that since that would be part of testing the engines performance and reliability. But it would explain why the game doesn't look nearly as good as the videos shown prior to release.

If that were the case though why is a single map over 3gb of data?
Well, for one start there is no tessellation or displacement mapping and we know that BF3 will have that. I agree about SP though, that's where all the graphics will be but we will see if it takes away Crysis 2's crown for best looking DX11 game so far.

Also the Xbox360 and PC beta look almost identical and that simply shouldn't be the case. One other thing is that Crysis 2 doesn't enable tessellation in MP and could be the case with BF3.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 09:45 AM   #1448
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I like it a lot. Tested all classed today and I had fun with all of them. Recon is a ton of fun but my fav so far is probably the Engineer. The default loadout is already very powerful. Looking forward to unlocking more stuff for that class.

I'll probably get the retail version after all. Just not the Origin version.
Once it's on Steam, I'll buy it again.
If i am able to get retail box and use the steam overlay..i am a happy camper...

if i am forced to use origin..then i am gonna wait a week or two..i am enjoyed the beta quiet a lot, but there are a few more games coming out this month and i really do hope they get it on steam...i am uninstalling origin the moment beta finish.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-11, 10:15 AM   #1449
Sean_W

Well, you better get used to it because from now on, probably all EA games will be with Origin, just like some games are with Steam.
Old 10-02-11, 10:51 AM   #1450
|MaguS|

One thing that pisses me off is that you can't access the games menu unless you spawn... leaving you completely open. I wish the game had an overlay also for friends list or something. This is one think Origin NEEDS to get or it wont ever have the community/friend aspect that Steam does.
Old 10-02-11, 10:53 AM   #1451
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
One thing that pisses me off is that you can't access the games menu unless you spawn... leaving you completely open. I wish the game had an overlay also for friends list or something. This is one think Origin NEEDS to get or it wont ever have the community/friend aspect that Steam does.
Origin has an overlay. Just hold Shift and press F1 when inside BF3 and it's pretty much like Steam.
Old 10-02-11, 10:54 AM   #1452
mojoman0

Origin had an overlay, shift + f1
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote