Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-02-11, 12:42 PM   #1453
Logical

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Have to say, beside some of the annoying bugs and the issue i had with stuttering screen, the more i play BF3 beta the more i am liking it.

One thing that is annoying is the hackers, although i have only had one encounter with a hacker, the leaderboards are swarming with them. It kinda makes the effort put into battlelog by Dice pointless. I do hope that in the retail version Dice/PB aren't going to be shy with the ban hammer.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 12:53 PM   #1454
mojoman0

PB isnt even used in the beta and the stats and leaderboards are way way way more regulated than any call oF duty game. This game is tactical as hell, the high damage makes you really use cover and crawl all over the place
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 12:57 PM   #1455
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
PB isnt even used in the beta and the stats and leaderboards are way way way more regulated than any call oF duty game. This game is tactical as hell, the high damage makes you really use cover and crawl all over the place
Yeah i know, i also heard that 3rd party companies such as pbbans, punksbusted and GV will be implemented into stock game by server admins or am i thinking of another game thats not far off release ? PB on its own is useless....

also...
Old 10-02-11, 01:12 PM   #1456
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Origin is a requirement even for the retail version.

I don't mind Origin itself. It's just that stupid exclusive deal. So I'm not getting them this deal and get the retail instead.
I doubt it will come to steam at all since EA wants to drive users to their system. Unless people just don't buy it because its not available on steam then they wont care since Retail and Origin are still doing their intended goal, force people to use Origin.
Old 10-02-11, 01:14 PM   #1457
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I doubt it will come to steam at all since EA wants to drive users to their system. Unless people just don't buy it because its not available on steam then they wont care since Retail and Origin are still doing their intended goal, force people to use Origin.
But it does make sense from an EA marketing point of view. I will be buying retail as i can get it cheaper and i prefer hard copies.
Old 10-02-11, 01:17 PM   #1458
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
But it does make sense from an EA marketing point of view. I will be buying retail as i can get it cheaper and i prefer hard copies.
Hard copy is nothing if the game is tied to an online service... Never understood that mentality. Its like buying an MMO when you buy a Steam or Origin required game... once its tied to your online account the actual disc is useless.
Old 10-02-11, 01:37 PM   #1459
Sean_W

Yeah, I don't like it too but it's a way to force people to buy from Origin or Steam. One thing about GFWL is that you don't need to create an account, just use a offline account but you cannot do that with Steam or Origin.

I hated the fact that I brought Just Cause 2 and it was Steam required, it's not the point that I already had Steam.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 02:03 PM   #1460
|MaguS|

See I don't care about going digital only. The Old Republic was the first PC Game I bought retail in years. I just don't care to have the physical media anymore.

Old 10-02-11, 02:14 PM   #1461
Sean_W

Quote:
There is one difference. If you buy retail, EA doesn't get the same amount of money compared to the Origin version. That's reason enough for me to get the retail version because they're screwing with the Steam community.

I don't care about the hard copy. I just enter the key into Origin and download the game.

But I still believe that we'll see a Steam version a few weeks or months after the release when the most important sales period is over.
So why are you being a hypocrite about this? Steam does the same, yet you're calling Origin/EA on it.
Old 10-02-11, 02:41 PM   #1462
Sean_W

Quote:
EA intentionally cut off the main digital distribution channel/competitor to increase their profits. Instead of being honest, they came up with a BS excuse about Steams new terms of service...

This is my problem with the whole situation. Not Origin itself.
They have a right too, it's what happens in business but you still can get the games from other digital download places.

Well yes, Valve did change their TC, Crysis 2 distributed the DLC outside of Steam, which the Steam TC doesn't allow. Valve get a cut of the DLC profit from everyone and Crytek didn't put the DLC's on Steam.
Old 10-02-11, 03:01 PM   #1463
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

This will never be on Steam. DICE sucks at patching their games, they don't want to have to answer to Steam when people start complaining for refunds, Steams patch QA process, etc.

They want control of the game 110%, thats why Steam will never, ever see it. EA games will be using Origin from here on out. Plan on using Steam and Origin or not buying any EA games from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 03:12 PM   #1464
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Hard copy is nothing if the game is tied to an online service... Never understood that mentality. Its like buying an MMO when you buy a Steam or Origin required game... once its tied to your online account the actual disc is useless.
Most of my digital Steam games are backed up onto disc anyway, it saves a lot of bandwith after a format. Hard copies saves me from doing this. Also my collection in my bookcase looks better the more i add. It's not a necessity for me it's just more conveniant i dont mind having digital copies but if i can acquire a hard copy cheaper then there is no option imo.