Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-03-11, 06:25 AM   #1501
Logical

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

I think most of the guns are over powered, i doubt they have gone into depth with the weapon damage in regards to the beta. I shoot a guy at med distance with M14A empty full clip whilst my crosshair was all over his face and upper torso using short bursts...i tag him 3 times he turns round shoots me once with a mp433 Tac and i die....

It's the first time i felt like putting my fist through my screen in about 15 years....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 06:38 AM   #1502
Logical

lool

Old 10-03-11, 07:03 AM   #1503
K007

lol
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 07:14 AM   #1504
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Are grenades weak in this game or what? Few times I throw them and register a hit but nobody ever dies. And when I see them near my feet I tend to walk away with more health than I lost. Seems to me with the increase bullet damage that the nades are completely crap. I would love to see them pack more punch, maybe knock players back if you aren't going to kill them. I guess they want to go for gun vs gun. But just slow the resupply of nades down so you can't spam them.
Old 10-03-11, 07:16 AM   #1505
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I think most of the guns are over powered, i doubt they have gone into depth with the weapon damage in regards to the beta. I shoot a guy at med distance with M14A empty full clip whilst my crosshair was all over his face and upper torso using short bursts...i tag him 3 times he turns round shoots me once with a mp433 Tac and i die....

It's the first time i felt like putting my fist through my screen in about 15 years....
Thats about my experience with BF BC2. My weapons shoot nerf darts while everyone else has bullets. My ping is 30ms and theirs is 200. Thanks to the DICEs implementation of their bullet lag anticipation feature (or whatever they called it) they try to make it more fair for people with high pings, well it kills the game for people with low pings. MOH was damn near ruined by that, you'd be behind cover and suddenly get hit by shots fired a few seconds before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 07:25 AM   #1506
PeterJensen

Old 10-03-11, 07:44 AM   #1507
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJensen View Post
U mad ?

Old 10-03-11, 07:48 AM   #1508
PeterJensen

Nooo

Old 10-03-11, 08:41 AM   #1509
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Yay and some GG's with the Vin man. However the first part of Metro is getting boring.
Yea it was fun, but I can only crawl through the Metro field for so long.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 09:02 AM   #1510
Riptide

At the risk of sounding like a whiner am I the only one here who thinks Origin is a piece of junk? It wouldn't let me use any of the profile names I wanted ("invalid origin ID") because they had special characters in there. And I can't choose a custom avatar. Steam doesn't have any of these limitations.

It feels like I'm being forced to run some gimped up alpha version of Steam to play this game. Not really happy about it. In fact I got torqued up enough I removed the thing and decided to wait for the release version of the game before I force myself to use this garbage.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 09:12 AM   #1511
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
At the risk of sounding like a whiner am I the only one here who thinks Origin is a piece of junk? It wouldn't let me use any of the profile names I wanted ("invalid origin ID") because they had special characters in there. And I can't choose a custom avatar. Steam doesn't have any of these limitations.

It feels like I'm being forced to run some gimped up alpha version of Steam to play this game. Not really happy about it. In fact I got torqued up enough I removed the thing and decided to wait for the release version of the game before I force myself to use this garbage.
It is after all still in beta. Can you be more specific with your discrepencies of the Origin beta ? Avatars and Origin id's without special characters is hardly a reason to go mad and uninstall...

I have to congratulate EA live customer support. In this current busy period with the release of bf3beta, origin beta and battlelog beta it took all of 30 seconds for a guy to answer me on LIVE chat, nice EA.
Old 10-03-11, 09:16 AM   #1512
Riptide

Those are my problems with the software. I already have an online utility that I'm forced to run to play games it's called Steam. I don't need another one. So if I'm going to be forced to use it then it better work well otherwise don't expect me to jump for joy over it. Maybe I'm jaded after all these years but I've gotten tired of being forced into using software like this. Poor quality software.

That is great that their support was able to help you so quickly.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote