Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-10-11, 03:48 PM   #1705
pross

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Made the mistake of reinstalling OS today, reloaded origin and the beta isn't available any more
Old 10-10-11, 04:16 PM   #1706
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by pross View Post
Made the mistake of reinstalling OS today, reloaded origin and the beta isn't available any more
Thats because the beta is over.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 11:40 PM   #1707
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Near final build of BF3 plays much different than the beta...and not in a good way apparently..

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/th...battlefield-3/

The main problem with the Battlefield 3 beta – the one that's out right this moment – is that it doesn't play like Battlefield 3 does now, how I assume the final game will play.

There are major gameplay balance differences between the two. Weapons feel different, with different fire rates and recoil. And the damage model has been radically shifted. Death comes quickly in the beta, situated more towards Call of Duty's durability, or even last year's DICE-developed Medal of Honor multiplayer. Firefights in the beta prioritize reflexes over tactics, which is a departure from Bad Company 2.

This is not the case with Battlefield 3 as it is now. The version of Battlefield 3 that I spent hours playing last week has weapons and damage that feel like Battlefield Bad Company 2. This, if you aren't sure, is a good thing. It changes the dynamics of firefights, allowing for each side to take and hold positions, and making flanking and tactical coordination much more viable. The increased player survivability also make vehicles in Battlefield 3 more fair than they would be with the beta's damage models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-11, 11:52 PM   #1708
mojoman0

making room for hardcore to be relevant, fine with me as long as its easier to kill than bc2, they over did it a bit there. The problem with the beta damage is that you really have no idea where you are being killed from and it happens so fast that theres nothing you can do about it. With the huge distances you can pick people off from in battlefield games, this can be annoying.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 01:23 AM   #1709
ahheadlock

i liked the damage in the beta version, but i suppose it didn't leave very far for hardcore mode to go so a little refinement probably isn't a bad thing. As long as headshots are one hit kills. I hate it with a passion when you hit someone with a headshot from close range and they turn around and start shooting you.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 06:57 AM   #1710
K007

and this

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/10/bf3-ump-...-mode-details/

Apparently, it wasn't just netcode. What we were playing in the beta was basically the equivalent of the final game's hardcore mode, with 2 or 3-shot kills and such. The final's regular mode will be much closer to the old-fashioned Battlefield 2/2142's weapon balance (4-6 bullet kills with an AR, apparently just a little bit more than light armor in 2142).
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 10:51 AM   #1711
mojoman0

From Demize99

Quote:
@Demize99 There's been a few sources saying that the damage from the beta has been lowered significantly. Is this true?

@VGZClarity We fixed a damage bug, the base combat speed is the same.

@NemyBoatSpotted Keep in mind that Operation Metro is our smallest and tightest map.

@Demize99 Since I am pretty sure you did that beast of a job on BF2142 in terms of balance, what was the effect of heavy vs light armour?

@NemyBoatSpotted @captmytre ARs were 34-20 damage, 3-5 shots on a light, 4-6 on a heavy. BF3 is 34-16.7 for AR. 3-6 shots, no armor option.

@Demize99 How much more demage% will HC have?

@eddietoast About 50% It will be around 3 shots at point blank with assault rifles, one good burst.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 12:53 PM   #1712
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Near final build of BF3 plays much different than the beta...and not in a good way apparently..

The main problem with the Battlefield 3 beta – the one that's out right this moment – is that it doesn't play like Battlefield 3 does now, how I assume the final game will play.

There are major gameplay balance differences between the two. Weapons feel different, with different fire rates and recoil. And the damage model has been radically shifted. Death comes quickly in the beta, situated more towards Call of Duty's durability, or even last year's DICE-developed Medal of Honor multiplayer. Firefights in the beta prioritize reflexes over tactics, which is a departure from Bad Company 2.

This is not the case with Battlefield 3 as it is now. The version of Battlefield 3 that I spent hours playing last week has weapons and damage that feel like Battlefield Bad Company 2. This, if you aren't sure, is a good thing. It changes the dynamics of firefights, allowing for each side to take and hold positions, and making flanking and tactical coordination much more viable. The increased player survivability also make vehicles in Battlefield 3 more fair than they would be with the beta's damage models.
Great news. BC2 was far better balanced with the guns imo, and shooting at a distance required finesse, not just pushing a button and moving your mouse back and forth.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-11, 01:05 PM   #1713
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Great news. BC2 was far better balanced with the guns imo, and shooting at a distance required finesse, not just pushing a button and moving your mouse back and forth.
Agreed.
Old 10-11-11, 02:48 PM   #1714
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yep. Couldn't stand BF3's 1-2 hit kills. Just limit's the player's freedom SO much.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 03:28 PM   #1715
Rummy

Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 03:57 PM   #1716
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
AHAHAH I love taking out vehicle campers. I only grab a vehicle if one is there when I spawn. I usually spawn in a forward position any way.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote