Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-11, 02:09 PM   #2281
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Console users aren't surfing forums looking for fixes to stuttering, tearing and low framerates. They aren't surfing forums at all.
What you doin here then ?
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:12 PM   #2282
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
If thats the case then why didn't it happen with BF2 ?
Review your history a little bit buddy, BF2 ran the same engine as BF1942, BF:Vietnam.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:15 PM   #2283
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
What you doin here then ?
Maybe you didn't pay attention before sweetie, but my comp takes a crap on yours, and most of these "PC fanboys" that are arguing against reality.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:16 PM   #2284
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

U mad ?

Thats my main rig btw i have 2 others that are less spec and come Nvidias launch of 6 series GPU's mine will be taking a crap on yours...for sure.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:17 PM   #2285
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Maybe you didn't pay attention before sweetie, but my comp takes a crap on yours, and most of these "PC fanboys" that are arguing against reality.
Get a life. There is no need to make fun of other peoples computers. Then again, mine takes a crap all over yours if that's how you want to play. If you don't like BF3 gtfo this thread and go troll somewhere else.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:19 PM   #2286
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Review your history a little bit buddy, BF2 ran the same engine as BF1942, BF:Vietnam.
Fail, BF2 was Refractor 2.0. I'm gonna have to stop visiting this thread
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:26 PM   #2287
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Fail, BF2 was Refractor 2.0. I'm gonna have to stop visiting this thread
Aka, slightly modified engine from 1999.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:27 PM   #2288
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Review your history a little bit buddy, BF2 ran the same engine as BF1942, BF:Vietnam.
Also dont think that Frostbite 2 was designed just for BF3, mirrors edge will use it as well as NFS:the run...Expenditure from the sales of them games alone from console would profit EA/DICE without BF3. Could EA/DICE afford to release BF3 on just PC ? Of course they could but why should they when gullible kiddies will buy a lesser version on console too and make even more money....

Your argument is invalid and your just another console troll...run along now.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-11, 02:31 PM   #2289
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Get a life. There is no need to make fun of other peoples computers. Then again, mine takes a crap all over yours if that's how you want to play. If you don't like BF3 gtfo this thread and go troll somewhere else.
But its ok for PC fanboys to make fun of the low-end console box people, right?

Yep, you have as high end as you can get, but you still can't play it at max settings, because, as per my original point, BF3 is poorly optimized for PCs, while DICE spews BS about how they made it just for PCs. Meanwhile they're trying to piss on MW3, which I can guarentee will run just fine on my comp, and these other lower end "PC fanboys" boxes.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:35 PM   #2290
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
But its ok for PC fanboys to make fun of the low-end console box people, right?

Yep, you have as high end as you can get, but you still can't play it at max settings, because, as per my original point, BF3 is poorly optimized for PCs, while DICE spews BS about how they made it just for PCs. Meanwhile they're trying to piss on MW3, which I can guarentee will run just fine on my comp, and these other lower end "PC fanboys" boxes.

I can't play it at max settings? Pretty sure I can play it at max settings with a 100fps min last time I checked... Not sure where you got that BS.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:43 PM   #2291
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

OK, I've had a good play on at my mates and here is what I'm liking about the single player so far.

I like how the story is being told by one character and you get to play different ones which he is taking about while being interrogated. The game takes nice breaks away from killing endless enemies, since some of your missions are to out flank them. the interactive parts are OK actually, mainly hand to hand combat.

The AI are good, they melee you if you get too close as well, rather than just shot you all the time. It feels like you're in a movie and part of the story proper rather than killing loads of enemies mission after mission after mission.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 02:43 PM   #2292
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I can't play it at max settings? Pretty sure I can play it at max settings with a 100fps min last time I checked... Not sure where you got that BS.
x8 MSAA? 2560x1600?
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.