Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-31-11, 04:41 PM   #2497
ViN86

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
All BF games have been a mess at launch. This one is actually the least buggy.
Yea, I expect BF3 to become more and more polished like BC2 did. Honestly a buggy launch isn't too bad if the devs continue to patch and improve the game.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 05:03 PM   #2498
bacon12

Quote:
All BF games have been a mess at launch. This one is actually the least buggy.
Well this one has more bugs for me since BF2, close to the same. I am running into other stability re-creatable bugs causing audio hangs, and game crashes both in game and launching the exe. I get it, they did do a good job of supporting BC2 after release. So I can forgive those as long as they are addressed.

I also hope some of the gameplay mechanics are reworked, tweaked, and features added as well like they did with dmg and a few others in BC2. Big servers like ours are also lagging/rubber banding when full, the one time we were blessed to be in the browser. That could be gameservers not allocating enough resources though.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 05:59 PM   #2499
Logical

Someone posted earlier in the thread that a lot of his CTD's were down to his GPU overclock, yet this was passed off as an unstable overclock.

Well... I can clarify that i have the same problem if i also run some of my bigger overclock profiles. I've had these overclocks for a couple of years now and in every game i have played they have been stable as well as stress tested in ATI tool. The higher the overclock profile the more CTD's i get, however even at stock a CTD every now and then is happening and it always seems to be when the GPU usage goes to 100% via EVGA Precision.

This could may well be a driver issue as the Nvidia 285 series of drivers have given me nothing but agro so far.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 06:29 PM   #2500
rudedog
Not so Rude

Either twitter or one of my news feeds had something about EVGA or Nvidia asking for cards back to evaluate issues and there are several fixes on it's way during the Nov. driver release.

Once I find the damn link I'll post it
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 07:28 PM   #2501
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Guess ive been quite luck with this game so far ... Ive had one BSOD and only a hand full of lockups\CTD, From time to time i get alittle lagg, 99.9% of my BF3 gaming though has been a blast and BF3 has already hit the top spot for my favorite online game EVER.

One thing that annoyed me was the mortars .... I wasn't aware you could re-deploy them, The first time i used them i was stuck there, Couldn't figure out how to detach from the mortar i had to suicide lol, I didn't think you could detach from the mortar once deployed. Only tonight i discovered that while you have your mortar out press "E" to detach from the mortar and hold "R" to pick the mortar up.

Does anybody know how seeing enemy's on your mortar map works? I mean are the people you see on the map only people that have been spotted? Or are they also people who are firing a weapon without a suppressor too?
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 08:06 PM   #2502
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Either twitter or one of my news feeds had something about EVGA or Nvidia asking for cards back to evaluate issues and there are several fixes on it's way during the Nov. driver release.

Once I find the damn link I'll post it

http://hardocp.com/news/2011/10/31/n...or_examination

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 08:44 PM   #2503
Logical

Good to hear that Nvidia are aware of the major problems with 285 series drivers for BF3. Again this issue only affects those with 200 series GPU's.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 08:58 PM   #2504
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
did you enjoy the single-player of quake 3 arena? this is multiplayer game dude. if you bought it expecting a full feature, AAA, balls-to-the-wall singleplayer experience, you have only yourself to blame.
Quote:
I don't mean to laugh but what the hell were you thinking buying this game for the SP? On top of that you complain about it. If you bought this game for the SP you should not be complaining. Now check your mancard in at the receptionist on your way out.
Based on the Official Fault Line Gameplay Trailer it sure gave the impression of a AAA, balls to the wall single player experience.... Or is this actually a mutliplayer trailer? I know I certainly would have purchased for singleplayer after seeing this. Why would they release this kind of trailer if it's supposed to be assumed only the multiplayer is good? The only reason I didn't buy it is because I started hearing comments about how bad singleplayer was, otherwise I would have based on what I see in this vid.

EVGA Intel X58

Old 10-31-11, 09:25 PM   #2505
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Based on the Official Fault Line Gameplay Trailer it sure gave the impression of a AAA, balls to the wall single player experience.... Or is this actually a mutliplayer trailer? I know I certainly would have purchased for singleplayer after seeing this. Why would they release this kind of trailer if it's supposed to be assumed only the multiplayer is good? The only reason I didn't buy it is because I started hearing comments about how bad
Same reason why people get caught up on value, same reason why BioShock 2 had multiplayer that wasn't needed. Because reviewers and many games are mentally ticking checkboxes: single player check, co-op check, multiplayer check. These things help them justify that it's "worth" buying even though they never really look at the game's core experience.

Imagine for a second you had the absolute best multiplayer game (pick your own) with only one amazing multiplayer map. Now try to justify buying a game with one map. Tricky right? Again this takes precedence over the fact that this multiplayer game is better than anything else. One bit of information is numerical - factual. The other is subjective and might not apply to everybody.

I see single player and co-op in BF3 as neat little preludes to the multiplayer, it was fun enough for me. Quality similar to Medal of Honor which I thought was alright.

As funny as it sounds I think the inclusion of single player actually hurt the game ratings more than if it was just bot match. It's easy to criticize and therefore you have a group of cons that can fit nicely near a review score. Yet they are irrelevant unless you don't plan on playing the multiplayer.
Old 10-31-11, 09:31 PM   #2506
GitDat

EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX Titan SC's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 8941 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround
GitDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 10:47 PM   #2507
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Quote:
I would like to help you. I just got annoyed by you crying it is the worst POS ever. I understand that is frustration speaking but man just ask for help. I don't think you are dumb. I know you know how to use a computer. You came across as such a poopy pants that, I had to rib you a little. That is why I put my smilies in there. None of it was serious. I was using every cliche I could think of that people say when their stuff is working right and someone elses isn't working right.

Believe it or not, I was researching your problem Saturday and didn't find much.
Thanks, I didn't know that's how I came off, I was pissed cause this AAA title should make things easy to install/play right away. That's what made me angry is that it wasn't easy to figure out/install, and I have to use origin. They should never make you choose only one way to play the game.

But anyhow, I think my problems are minute, I was overreacting to the issue, but again, AAA title to me, means that it should install easily without a hitch.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 10:48 PM   #2508
ahheadlock

i dont know why people hate the SP so much. it wasn't that bad. It was pretty much a COD game with better graphics and sound. Yeah it could have been better or more original but it certainly wasn't bad.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote