Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-11, 06:42 PM   #2629
lee63
Classified
 
lee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murrieta, U.S./Taunton, U.K.
Posts: 4,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
Def stuttering issues for me, disabling Hyper Threading worked which is great, I can finally enjoy the game. Anyone know if the problem falls with nVidia and the driver or the Dice and the game?

Would rather have HT running but for now I will leave it off.
I'm using ATI and I had the stuttering issue until I disabled HT...it really does nothing for gaming.
__________________
lee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 07:18 PM   #2630
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default

Never had a stuttering issue here with ht on.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 07:50 PM   #2631
ArrowMk84
Registered User
 
ArrowMk84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Never had a stuttering issue here with ht on.
The HT stuttering issue seems to be really hit or miss.
__________________
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 07:56 PM   #2632
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
The HT stuttering issue seems to be really hit or miss.
odd, wonder what causes it.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 07:57 PM   #2633
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

The lack of VOIP will hurt this game in the long run, absolutely crazy omission for a serious team shooter. And dare I say it, MW3 will have it.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 08:33 PM   #2634
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
Well my rig isn't updated but with the rig I have now, this game is sick. Don't even let me get the IRNV scope, and then I shoot to the top of the boards.

Only downfall was the origin crap, change that over to Steam, and now you would be talkin!

Overall this game is a nice step forward, I haven't even touched coop, which I most definitely will be doing with my friend up north. Oh man, if we can keep our stats from MP in Coop and use the same weaps, it's gonna be rape-fest 99'. (That's a joke btw) But you guys know what I mean...

Can't wait!!
Yeah the IRNV scope is ridiculously OP. Camo, hiding, ect is useless once you have it. Should have given it some kind of drawback.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 08:41 PM   #2635
nutcrackr
Super Registered User
 
nutcrackr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,204
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yeah the IRNV scope is ridiculously OP. Camo, hiding, ect is useless once you have it. Should have given it some kind of drawback.
Apparently according to DICE the drawback is slower aiming down the sights. In my experience the speed is barely any slower and the advantage of seeing your enemy well before he sees you is obvious. In close quarters deathmatch speed comes into play a little bit.
__________________
.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 10:08 PM   #2636
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Apparently according to DICE the drawback is slower aiming down the sights. In my experience the speed is barely any slower and the advantage of seeing your enemy well before he sees you is obvious. In close quarters deathmatch speed comes into play a little bit.
I never really noticed it, I'll have to pay attention to that next time I play. I don't think it really makes up for essentially painting all targets in high contrast glow though. One would think they would have gone with traditional military black/white IR, rather than the green glowy kind, might have less powerful that way, things could still blend in a little. Ironically, MW series does this more realistic than BF3.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-11, 12:20 AM   #2637
jiffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 105
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
The lack of VOIP will hurt this game in the long run, absolutely crazy omission for a serious team shooter. And dare I say it, MW3 will have it.
Lack of VOIP does nothing except keep the kiddies from ruining a good gamin experience or keep me from laughing at the tards making random comments. If I want to talk I will do so with Vent, TS, or mumble.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 12:29 AM   #2638
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

VoIP is in battlelog and works great if you have a few friends you want to talk to. Just start a party to enable. Voice chat in vehicles would be handy tho
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 02:15 AM   #2639
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I never really noticed it, I'll have to pay attention to that next time I play. I don't think it really makes up for essentially painting all targets in high contrast glow though. One would think they would have gone with traditional military black/white IR, rather than the green glowy kind, might have less powerful that way, things could still blend in a little. Ironically, MW series does this more realistic than BF3.

It's actually called an ENVG. I don't see how it is unrealistic as it is a real life technology and behaves exactly like the real thing. The white hot FLIR you are taking about is old technology (like mw3) and is being replaced by ENVG.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 04:37 AM   #2640
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
It's actually called an ENVG. I don't see how it is unrealistic as it is a real life technology and behaves exactly like the real thing. The white hot FLIR you are taking about is old technology (like mw3) and is being replaced by ENVG.
Interesting, first I've ever heard of that.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.