Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-11, 09:15 AM   #2641
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
The lack of VOIP will hurt this game in the long run, absolutely crazy omission for a serious team shooter. And dare I say it, MW3 will have it.
Cause I want to hear every 14 year old throw around racial slurs the couple hours I get to play.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 09:55 AM   #2642
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Cause I want to hear every 14 year old throw around racial slurs the couple hours I get to play.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 10:56 AM   #2643
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...lefield-3.aspx

Quote:
Our dedicated Back to Karkand team continues to make awesome progress on this expansion pack, which will be available in December at no extra charge to everyone who pre-ordered Battlefield 3. If you didnít pre-order, youíll be able to purchase it for $14.99, 1200 Microsoft Points, or the equivalent in your local currency, at the same date.

It contains four of the most loved Battlefield 2 maps boldly re-imagined in Frostbite 2: Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, Strike at Karkand, and Wake Island. You'll also get to patrol the battlefield with your favorite Battlefield 2 vehicles and weapons, and the expansion pack also features the return of the exciting variation on Conquest called Conquest Assault (more on that later). And for those of you who love your persistence, you'll get new "Assignments" to complete for unlocks (we'll talk more about Assignments soon)!
Damn, $14.99 for a re-made 4 map map pack? And I thought COD's map packs were over priced...
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 11:15 AM   #2644
mojoman0

they dont come with just maps, they come with new weapons, vehicles, awards, game mode, etc. which justify the price. And hell its free if you preordered like they advertised for 4 months
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 11:19 AM   #2645
mojoman0

DICE's response about the Platform Lead Focus Debate, I don't mean to start anything here so keep it under control, no trolling.

Quote:
k, I'll take this one.

I've been reading the threads on this for a few days and I think people are showing a bit of lack of understanding when it comes to developing games.

As you know, we have to "submit" to Sony and Microsoft when a game is in development. Therefore at certain times during development these get additional focus to make sure that things work according to standards.

UI, memory footprint, loading times, disc layouts - these are all different on each platform. Quite often they are made by different engineers/designers etc. Therefore when making a game work on this platform you have to focus on it. That makes it "lead platform" for a set period of time. However for tech development in general PC was the lead platform.

JoeGrant
DICE

I think this and the "why they hate PC gamers" thread are moving towards the same track.

Let me start with a story.

One of the biggest manufacturers of off the shelf PCs sent me 12 PCs to use for an event. These are premium, high end specifications that most "tech geeks" would love to get their hands on. Each one was exactly the same hardware and software configuration. The OS was installed from a OS image to suit the hardware. The game worked first time on 8 of the 12 PCs. But they were all the same, right? Now the problem here is out in the "wild" people then say "OMG THIS GAME IS SO BROKEN!!" but if all the PCs are the same, then this should not happen, right?

This is an assumed luxury on console, despite what people think not all consoles are exactly the same. However in general they are closer. This makes it easier to develop for.

So, when we make the game and run it on 1000 PCs and get different results, what do we do? Early on there was panic of "we will need super computers to run this game!" so things have to change to cater for that. Rather than blame consoles, perhaps you should ask why we cant do the same on 2GB of RAM? To have the game looking good on all configurations you need to pick a middle line. It is what is known as deciding your lowest common denominator.
Old 11-04-11, 12:44 PM   #2646
mojoman0

Battlelog got a hefty update today. The browser pings work much better and a lot of filters were added.

Back to Karkand Trailer...is there any other game in the world that has this good of sound?

Old 11-04-11, 03:24 PM   #2647
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Finally got my mvp medal
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 04:59 PM   #2648
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Battlelog got a hefty update today. The browser pings work much better and a lot of filters were added.

Back to Karkand Trailer...is there any other game in the world that has this good of sound?

As far as online shooters go, Battlefield is the best and everything else is a distant second.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-11, 05:07 PM   #2649
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Mh, the good old Rainbow Six games were better in my opinion. Can't beat them, those matches were really intense.
Battlefield is a great series but for competitive gaming, it was always a bit tricky because you need big teams/clans.
That's the thing, a lot of what we post is our own personal opinion.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 05:07 PM   #2650
bacon12

Trailer is sick.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 05:08 PM   #2651
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Sorry, but in a supposedly team based game, how are you meant to conduct anything? You can't most of the time.

You could always mute, or stick to using the ESN Sonar rubbish for your own party if you wish.

Not talking open VOIP, just team VOIP.

The whole game is orientated around run and gun nonsense because there's no coordination, Battlefield Bad Console 3.

Look forward to Arma 3.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 05:11 PM   #2652
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Mh, the good old Rainbow Six games were better in my opinion. Can't beat them, those matches were really intense.
Battlefield is a great series but for competitive gaming, it was always a bit tricky because you need big teams/clans.
Tactical shooters are more my thing, whatever happened to those?

Dropping IQ levels amongst fat retarded children has taken over.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote