Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-12, 09:49 PM   #3253
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
Anyone know of a good server to practice flying jets an helicopters ? preferably unranked as I keep dying a lot
just look for empty airplane maps and fly to your heart's content. i'd love to fly with ya and give you tips/easy points
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:22 PM   #3254
lee63
Classified
 
lee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murrieta, U.S./Taunton, U.K.
Posts: 4,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
just look for empty airplane maps and fly to your heart's content. i'd love to fly with ya and give you tips/easy points
I'm not very good at all, I set up a PS3 controller for flying on my PC and I still suck...I'm not really sure how I should configure it.
__________________
lee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:30 AM   #3255
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
I'm not very good at all, I set up a PS3 controller for flying on my PC and I still suck...I'm not really sure how I should configure it.
when you fly, the idea is to be able to turn as sharp as possible, eventually out-turn your enemy, and shoot them as they are turning wider than you.
if you use mouse and keyboard well, which is what i use, you can out turn generally 75ish % of the people out there. The reason you cannot turn the best way with mouse and keyboard is because once you drag your mouse all the way to the bottom of the mousepad, you need to physically lift it up and put it at the top of the pad, and this tiny break in the turn is what screws me over against the very best pilots, some of which use keyboard individually, and then keyboard and mouse for the aiming, so they are constantly switching their mouse hand from the keyboard to the mouse.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:34 AM   #3256
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

whats the best handgun?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 03:09 AM   #3257
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant
 
zampe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BaH/Croatia
Posts: 240
Send a message via ICQ to zampe
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
whats the best handgun?
whichever... only need to shoot and has a tactical light installed
__________________
Intel Core i5-2400 3.10GHz| MSi P67S-C43| SAPPHIRE HD 6870| 8GB G.SKILL DDR3-1333 | Samsung SyncMaster P2350 | Enermax EG565AX-VH(W)SFMA Coolergiant Serie 535W | CHIEFTEC BX Series
zampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 06:45 AM   #3258
ArrowMk84
Registered User
 
ArrowMk84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
whats the best handgun?
IIRC, from the stats, its the 1911. I think the revolver is also pretty powerful, if you've done the co-op mission to get it.
__________________
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 08:15 AM   #3259
Blade
It's just a ride....
 
Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Your Sisters Bed
Posts: 903
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

.44 Magnum + scope = awsome.
__________________
____________________________
Sigs Are For Heros!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:17 PM   #3260
z44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 50
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
whats the best handgun?
If you're using shotgun and need something for longer distances, scoped .44

If you're using ranged weapons and need something for close combat last resort : G18
z44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-12, 02:20 PM   #3261
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
when you fly, the idea is to be able to turn as sharp as possible, eventually out-turn your enemy, and shoot them as they are turning wider than you.
if you use mouse and keyboard well, which is what i use, you can out turn generally 75ish % of the people out there. The reason you cannot turn the best way with mouse and keyboard is because once you drag your mouse all the way to the bottom of the mousepad, you need to physically lift it up and put it at the top of the pad, and this tiny break in the turn is what screws me over against the very best pilots, some of which use keyboard individually, and then keyboard and mouse for the aiming, so they are constantly switching their mouse hand from the keyboard to the mouse.
That's what increased sensitivity in vehicles is for.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:36 PM   #3262
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
That's what increased sensitivity in vehicles is for.
i do that for my G5 but it is still not enough
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:42 PM   #3263
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i do that for my G5 but it is still not enough
I was referring to the in-game slider.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:53 PM   #3264
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I was referring to the in-game slider.
ahh. i shall investigate. thanks.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.