Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-09-12, 08:05 PM   #3325
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
Anyone else get the feeling after watching that video that this is just another twitch shooter instead of a tactical shooter? I get this feeling almost every time I play it. I am still confused as to how a guy spraying with a MG gun while I'm hiding behind a wall with just my head visible can out shoot me when I am popping burst shots off. Not to mention 90% of my close encounters result in my dieing. Maybe I just suck at it, but I cannot run and gun. I'm always on the move but keep my distance because I simply don't stand a chance up close.
In every FPS in the last few years for some reason it is like I'm rendering the game faster than others or something. Especially in BC2 and BF3 I cannot count how many times I've clearly been around the corner and that last bullet kills me. Does this happen to anyone else?
Remember, 90% pf the people out there do not play as well as this guy, and also that's on a console, so good PC players are going to be even faster
I think it just comes with experience though. Try to anticipate where people are. Don't sprint unless you are certain someone isn't going to round the corner and pop you. Try to aim for the chest region, let go for about 3 shots, take a slight break to let the gun drop back down, and shoot again. Make sure you have the right weapon for the job. Many times, if someone is out of range, I don't even fire, but take a mental note of where they might be, and try to outflank or follow them.
But yea, I have been killed around the corner so many times, and sometimes escaping with 1 or 0 health
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 08:57 PM   #3326
mojoman0

getting killed around the corner is from this game using client side hit detection. The trade off is having what you see and shoot at is what you hit. It just shifts the lag to make shooting guys less frustrating, but getting hit more frustrating
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 09:00 PM   #3327
skank
Smeg Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Remember, 90% pf the people out there do not play as well as this guy, and also that's on a console, so good PC players are going to be even faster
I think it just comes with experience though. Try to anticipate where people are. Don't sprint unless you are certain someone isn't going to round the corner and pop you. Try to aim for the chest region, let go for about 3 shots, take a slight break to let the gun drop back down, and shoot again. Make sure you have the right weapon for the job. Many times, if someone is out of range, I don't even fire, but take a mental note of where they might be, and try to outflank or follow them.
But yea, I have been killed around the corner so many times, and sometimes escaping with 1 or 0 health
It was PC, not console. His clan server is posted in the video description. The video description states that it is BF3 PC.
Old 01-09-12, 09:16 PM   #3328
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
It was PC, not console. His clan server is posted in the video description. The video description states that it is BF3 PC.
The crosshair movement looks nothing like PC. Are they playing with a gamepad? You can see the way the crosshair moves side to side... Maybe some of the footage is from PC, but a whole bunch of it isn't. Also at 1:28, what's with the emblems of the dead player. My pc game doesn't have that.
Old 01-10-12, 03:18 AM   #3329
z44

check out this epic game

Yes it has commercial but definately worth it. Epic metro rush game , don't know how these guys can record and still play good i can't play for **** when i'm trying to record but whatever.

Must see. PC > console YEAHHH

z44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 04:58 AM   #3330
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
The crosshair movement looks nothing like PC. Are they playing with a gamepad? You can see the way the crosshair moves side to side... Maybe some of the footage is from PC, but a whole bunch of it isn't. Also at 1:28, what's with the emblems of the dead player. My pc game doesn't have that.
Hmm? You don't have the revive emblems? Don't you play medic? The skulls turn to revive emblems when you get close. The reason they might look "odd" is because he is running the color blindness versions, different colors of red and green.

Lots of key prompts (R) for pickup of weapons too. Def not console footage.
Old 01-10-12, 03:48 PM   #3331
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Hmm? You don't have the revive emblems? Don't you play medic? The skulls turn to revive emblems when you get close. The reason they might look "odd" is because he is running the color blindness versions, different colors of red and green.

Lots of key prompts (R) for pickup of weapons too. Def not console footage.
Maybe that's why. the sequence of 0:34 -0:50, the way the scope moves in "jumps" to the side, and not a smooth movement, looks just like a gamepad. you don't think so?
Old 01-11-12, 07:07 PM   #3332
Alaa
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by z44 View Post
check out this epic game

Yes it has commercial but definately worth it. Epic metro rush game , don't know how these guys can record and still play good i can't play for **** when i'm trying to record but whatever.

Must see. PC > console YEAHHH

Oh man that's just crazy! The guy zooms and shoots to kill. That's so fast! The worst thing is that people see red marks of enemies through the smoke. This is such an annoying bug. I started playing hardcore to avoid this stuff.
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-12, 08:10 PM   #3333
Alaa
Peace

OMG I did it!
Skill 446
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 10:01 PM   #3334
mojoman0

mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 05:23 AM   #3335
z44

ugh i'm so sick of helicopter 'ownage' and 'amazing' sniper shot video's .
z44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 02:01 PM   #3336
Logical

I can gurantee you that EA/Dice spent more time on the multiplayer as it is a multiplayer game, the SP was thrown in there to attract a wider audience such as yourself...I haven't even fired up SP yet or CO-OP. When i do get round to playing the SP on BF3 i expect it to be nothing more than what BFBC2 SP was like...Linear and over with after a few hours.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote