Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-18-11, 12:13 PM   #385
mojoman0

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Those shots are so good that google cant tell the difference between them and real life

mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 12:08 AM   #386
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I snagged a copy of MoH LE at Walmart today purely for the hope that I get earlier access to BF3 beta. I did hop into a few games of MoH, and boy were the forums right the multiplayer sucks balls!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 09:32 AM   #387
JohnDio

Battlefield 3 Beta Will Most Probably Be Delivered Via Origin
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 06:08 PM   #388
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Mh... Origin sucks, big time.
Yesterday, I messed with it and a task as simple as downloading a free DLC pack turned out to be a horrible experience.
Either a simple download link or a proper integration into a proper environment (Steam). Origin is just another useless layer...
That blows.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 09:16 PM   #389
autobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Mh... Origin sucks, big time.
Yesterday, I messed with it and a task as simple as downloading a free DLC pack turned out to be a horrible experience.
Either a simple download link or a proper integration into a proper environment (Steam). Origin is just another useless layer...
This is why I buy physical copies of games. I hate having to log into 2 different services to play a damned game. Its just an added layer that eventually fails at some point. I can't count how many times I went to play TF2 or wanted to mess around in GarryMod and I couldn't because Steam's servers were busy and I couldn't sign in. I feel bad for people who bought GTA4 on Steam! Have to log into Steam AND GFWL!
MSI 6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB
Lite-On DVD/RW w/ Lightscribe
XFX XXX-Edition 650W PSU
[COLOR="Red"]Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance[/COLOR][/CENTER]
autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 06:11 AM   #390
K007

lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dino.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	43010  
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 07:07 AM   #391
wysiwyg

i hate digital downloads

get all my games from amazon, cheaper than online stores and often get the game before the online stores
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 07:21 AM   #392
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
i hate digital downloads

get all my games from amazon, cheaper than online stores and often get the game before the online stores
Actually, amazon's digital download isn't that bad. I got witcher 1 enhanced edition via amazon digital download and it's essentially a retail "boxed" version... basically the contents of the disk.

I pre-ordered BF3 at amazon as well. I assume I'll get a physical disk vs digital download.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-11, 09:56 AM   #393
wysiwyg

never seen digital downloads available for pc from amazon uk before
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 03:04 AM   #394
Blade
It's just a ride....

The Battleblog #2 on the Battlefield Blog has further details on Battlefield 3, the upcoming military shooter sequel. Along the way they explain a couple of new features:
This brings us to two new features in Battlefield 3: Bipods and Suppressive Fire. Bipods have a very practical use, especially for LMGs, as they provide a substantial increase in stability while laying down a base of fire. Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. You’ll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know it’s not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his character’s in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!
Old 07-08-11, 04:20 AM   #395
PeterJensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
The Battleblog #2 on the Battlefield Blog has further details on Battlefield 3, the upcoming military shooter sequel. Along the way they explain a couple of new features:
This brings us to two new features in Battlefield 3: Bipods and Suppressive Fire. Bipods have a very practical use, especially for LMGs, as they provide a substantial increase in stability while laying down a base of fire. Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. Youíll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know itís not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his characterís in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!
This will be so awsome
Old 07-08-11, 12:34 PM   #396
ElL33t
Brobama

I really can't wait for this game. I don't think any FPS will top Battlefield 1942 but I'm sure this will be a fine game.

What I don't understand is why it is a bad thing for a company like EA to start a Digital Download service? I understand that we would like all our games to be on one service like Steam (and I love Steam as well as you guys). Still I just don't see why a company like Valve should be the only one to profit from a DDL service. I like to have the choice to pick which service I want. Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture here but I don' think it is good to have just one DDL service.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote