Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-10-11, 07:24 PM   #409
mojoman0

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

If you buy it retail you dont have to register with anything, not origin. Origin will however give you the added option of registering with it so that you can also have a digital copy available through that service. I wouldnt be surprised if we eventually do see this game on steam tho. It would simply be stupid not to release it maybe a couple weeks past retail launch
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 07:05 AM   #410
K007

i smell BS by EA...they are really trying to promote Origin.

There have been Games from A-Z on steam from developer EA and none have had issues with patches in the past...and all of a sudden a tripple A title like BF3 has issues?...wtf?..

I smell a lot of BS here...i have a feeling EA wants some form of advertising injection and valve told em to frak off....so they are trying to make Valve look like the bad guy by doing this...

There is no reason why Valve would refuse this...they have no reason at all...it makes no sense. i call bull****.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 04:54 PM   #411
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Having to go outside and buy a box copy or download it from the other 10 places that offer the game is an OUTRAGE! I lol at the idiots that will miss out on a truly awesome game because it won't be on Steam. I do think alot of it is bs, and most will reluctantly buy it anyways.

A true BF player doesn't give a rats ass who has it for sale.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 05:54 PM   #412
Burnt_Ram

i'm definately NOT happy that it wont be on Steam, but in the same breath 'im NOT missing out what could be the best shooter of all time! get a grip guys, put things in perspective ...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 05:57 PM   #413
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
i'm definately NOT happy that it wont be on Steam, but in the same breath 'im NOT missing out what could be the best shooter of all time! get a grip guys, put things in perspective ...
Well said
Old 07-13-11, 03:46 AM   #414
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
A true BF player doesn't give a rats ass who has it for sale.
What he said.
Old 07-13-11, 02:46 PM   #415
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i smell BS by EA...they are really trying to promote Origin.

There have been Games from A-Z on steam from developer EA and none have had issues with patches in the past...and all of a sudden a tripple A title like BF3 has issues?...wtf?..

I smell a lot of BS here...i have a feeling EA wants some form of advertising injection and valve told em to frak off....so they are trying to make Valve look like the bad guy by doing this...

There is no reason why Valve would refuse this...they have no reason at all...it makes no sense. i call bull****.

I don't understand the logic here. Because EA wants to open their own service and run it the way they see fit people won't buy what will most likely be a fantastic game.

I am quite sure once the bullets start flying in the game people will forget about Steam and Origin and just frag. I'm sure the game will be buggy when it first comes out as all of Dice's games are but it will be patched up. I remember BF2 not having blood in it. You couldn't tell if you were hitting your enemy and the bullets had no feel of impact. We had to get a addon to get some blood in the game.

Why is it wrong if they are trying to promote Origin? It is their game.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 02:56 PM   #416
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I don't understand the logic here. Because EA wants to open their own service and run it the way they see fit people won't buy what will most likely be a fantastic game.

I am quite sure once the bullets start flying in the game people will forget about Steam and Origin and just frag. I'm sure the game will be buggy when it first comes out as all of Dice's games are but it will be patched up. I remember BF2 not having blood in it. You couldn't tell if you were hitting your enemy and the bullets had no feel of impact. We had to get a addon to get some blood in the game.
THIS.

If I DO get this game I will wait for a proper version. I'm sick of bull**** "beta" releases games.

Old 07-13-11, 04:24 PM   #417
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

fine EA, then I won't be buying BF3, simple as that.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 04:33 PM   #418
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Can I have your stuff?

The rest of us will be pew pewing each other and having a great time in BF3.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 04:45 PM   #419
ViN86

I'm buying retail, so I couldn't care less if Steam doesn't get it. I have a retail copy of BC2 and MOH as well.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 08:58 PM   #420
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Who cares anyway nekro, you will just piss and moan and say that it's **** like you always do, can't say i've ever seen you like much of anything here