Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-14-11, 02:56 PM   #433
Albo

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Hmm, is this system requirements any different from BF BC2? Or what?

I'm wondering what I should expect, if I purchase this.
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 03:08 PM   #434
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post

will be more demanding than BC2, but not by much.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 03:12 PM   #435
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Nice stealth edit there sammy
Old 07-14-11, 03:13 PM   #436
GullyFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post

BattlefieldO:

Quote:
So far the only official comment we have that indicates anything at all about the system requirements for BF3 is an old tweet by Johan Andersson way back in February, in which he asserts that “you don’t need to worry if you can play BC2 perfectly, BF3 will scale up to even higher detail for eyecandy++, but not required”.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 03:39 PM   #437
bacon12

Heard it will scale up very well, and make use of up to 6 cores. Also gonna offload some physics calculations to the gpu.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 06:53 PM   #438
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

I'm getting more and more annoyed with Steam lately. Since the new security thing it's been nothing but a nightmare... constant emails with codes all the time... WTF steam?

I found out recently a gaming buddy of mine cannot access his account any longer. Apparently his email account isn't getting the emails from the new security thing. They are requesting all this information to try and get it back... first born, social security, etc... j/k but seriously they want all kinds of information about his credit card and paypal... stuff he doesn't want to provide them. So he's pissed and he's pretty much done with Steam completely... of course that means no more COD BO zombies, Left 4 Dead 2, etc. Crap.

In all honesty I'm about done buying games that use Steam. I don't want to run into these issues and the constant emails everytime I try to access something is getting out of hand. I must have to verify like 2-3 times a week right now. I dont necessarily like having DVDs around but I'd rather have a DVD than being locked out and losing thousands of dollars in games that I have. We have put too much faith into Steam, all it takes is something like your email provider blocking Steams email and you are in for the same nightmare he's been going through. No thanks, Steam... I prefer to play games not argue with a bunch of support idiots that want my bank card numbers to "unlock" my account.

I know this isn't an anti Steam thread... but I'm glad that aren't using Steam for BF3 or I probably wouldn't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 07:02 PM   #439
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I'm getting more and more annoyed with Steam lately. Since the new security thing it's been nothing but a nightmare... constant emails with codes all the time... WTF steam?

I found out recently a gaming buddy of mine cannot access his account any longer. Apparently his email account isn't getting the emails from the new security thing. They are requesting all this information to try and get it back... first born, social security, etc... j/k but seriously they want all kinds of information about his credit card and paypal... stuff he doesn't want to provide them. So he's pissed and he's pretty much done with Steam completely... of course that means no more COD BO zombies, Left 4 Dead 2, etc. Crap.

In all honesty I'm about done buying games that use Steam. I don't want to run into these issues and the constant emails everytime I try to access something is getting out of hand. I must have to verify like 2-3 times a week right now. I dont necessarily like having DVDs around but I'd rather have a DVD than being locked out and losing thousands of dollars in games that I have. We have put too much faith into Steam, all it takes is something like your email provider blocking Steams email and you are in for the same nightmare he's been going through. No thanks, Steam... I prefer to play games not argue with a bunch of support idiots that want my bank card numbers to "unlock" my account.

I know this isn't an anti Steam thread... but I'm glad that aren't using Steam for BF3 or I probably wouldn't buy it.
So steam sucks because you are stupid? Nice logic.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 07:06 PM   #440
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
So steam sucks because you are stupid? Nice logic.
I'm stupid because Valve put SteamGuard on my account? You must be stupid too.

Quote:

Old 07-14-11, 07:09 PM   #441
bob saget

Quote:

i understand it is annoying, but really how long does it take to check an email? i can check in less than 10 seconds at any given time, 10 more to copy + paste the code, you are looking at under 30 seconds at the most. wouldnt you rather do that then risk your account getting jacked.
Old 07-14-11, 07:10 PM   #442
bob saget

Quote:
I'm stupid because Valve put SteamGuard on my account? You must be stupid too.
you can disable it.
Old 07-14-11, 07:21 PM   #443
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
you can disable it.
Good, where is it?

How do you do this if it wont let you login - like my buddy's problem.

Quote:
Old 07-14-11, 07:30 PM   #444
bob saget

Quote:
Good, where is it?

How do you do this if it wont let you login - like my buddy's problem.
steam, settings, account, manage steam guard settings. did you even look?

you can also change the contact email to something that works better.