Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-14-11, 07:14 PM   #445
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
steam, settings, account, manage steam guard settings. did you even look?

you can also change the contact email to something that works better.
Nope, they just enabled it on everyones account without asking. I didnt see anything about disabling it.... but after googling it I see many people are really irate that Steam did this without anyone's approval. Looks like they've already gotten an earful for doing this to people. Stupid move Valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 08:16 PM   #446
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Nope, they just enabled it on everyones account without asking.
why should they ask you? Steam has something like 12 million accounts they obviously had a reason for implementing this feature.

Quote:
I didnt see anything about disabling it....
i remember seeing something about it in the announcements that pop up when you start steam.

Quote:
but after googling it I see many people are really irate that Steam did this without anyone's approval. Looks like they've already gotten an earful for doing this to people. Stupid move Valve.
try googling "people that are happy with Steam Guard" if you complain, people are gonna hear it. Generally, when everything goes right, people don't say anything.

Since you can disable it, it is not even an issue. No one is forcing you to use anything.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:10 PM   #447
mullet

LOL Failman2
Old 07-15-11, 12:24 AM   #448
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
LOL Failman2
lol faillet

Quote:
Old 07-15-11, 10:49 AM   #449
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Nope, they just enabled it on everyones account without asking. I didnt see anything about disabling it.... but after googling it I see many people are really irate that Steam did this without anyone's approval. Looks like they've already gotten an earful for doing this to people. Stupid move Valve.
No one is forcing you to use Steam. No one is forcing you to play video games. Just relax and have fun pew pewing.

I don't understand why people get so upset at video game companies. This is just a way for us to hang out and have fun, not complain and get worked up over.

Life is short. Have fun.
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 11:15 AM   #450
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
No one is forcing you to use Steam.
Seriously? If you play anything that uses Steam Works you HAVE TO USE Steam. Left 4 Dead 1&2, COD MW2, BO, etc, etc, etc There are many game that do require steam. I don't hate Steam, the security thing screwed a buddy of mine as he can no longer access his account and all the games he bought. You can't pew pew anymore when your email account isn't receiving the steam emails for SteamGuard...

Quote:
Old 07-15-11, 11:32 AM   #451
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Seriously? If you play anything that uses Steam Works you HAVE TO USE Steam. Left 4 Dead 1&2, COD MW2, BO, etc, etc, etc There are many game that do require steam. I don't hate Steam, the security thing screwed a buddy of mine as he can no longer access his account and all the games he bought. You can't pew pew anymore when your email account isn't receiving the steam emails for SteamGuard...
Where is the law that is forcing you to use Steam or to play video games? It is your choice. If you don't like how they practice their business then don't give your business to them. There is more to live than video games.
Old 07-15-11, 11:46 AM   #452
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
Where is the law that is forcing you to use Steam or to play video games? It is your choice. If you don't like how they practice their business then don't give your business to them. There is more to live than video games.
Some games can't be played without Steam. Stop posting ignorant stuff, you know damn well as I do you are just being annoying and trolling.

Quote:

Old 07-15-11, 11:52 AM   #453
ArrowMk84

Since when did the BF3 thread become the Steam/Origin bitching and moaning thread?
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 11:53 AM   #454
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
Since when did the BF3 thread become the Steam/Origin bitching and moaning thread?
since mailman2 arrived
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 12:12 PM   #455
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Some games can't be played without Steam. Stop posting ignorant stuff, you know damn well as I do you are just being annoying and trolling.
Then don't play those games if you don't like Steam's requirements.

My whole point is when I see things a company is doing that I don't like, I don't give my money to them. That is it in a nutshell. I have done that with many game companies in the past. The difference is I didn't complain about it because it isn't worth my time. I find a company that will give me what I am looking for.

Any way I am a huge BF fan and I cannot wait for this game to come out. I don't care if I can only play on EA sanctioned servers. I will be playing this game. The only thing that will stop me from playing the game is if it isn't good.

P.S.

You need to look up the definition of a troll, if you think that is what I am doing. Maybe you are just too thin-skinned for such discussions? Your frustration is solely a invention your own inability to reason.

I've been nice to you but it seems like all you want to do is be miserable. Good luck with that.
Old 07-15-11, 12:24 PM   #456
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
Since these guys can't have a decent discussion and turn everything into..."Oh, that's not stupid... you are". I swear its like baby sitting a preschool coming here sometimes.

They are actually arguing with me about some games needing Steam to play them. I've only got about $1600 in Steam games in my account. So I'm quite familiar with how it works.

We were originally discussing BF 3 not being available on Steam until they started calling names and throwing their poop. Ya know the usual nvnews forum behavior.

Quote: