Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-23-11, 11:32 PM   #961
Muppet

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
origin sent me a 25% off any game for my birfday, so i couldn't resist.
That's a good score and Happy Birthday.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 12:06 AM   #962
Greedo

thanks.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 02:20 AM   #963
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
I will be at GeForce LAN for the release event (got a couple free seats) . . .event is aboard an aircraft carrier. bad thing is I fly straight from there to BlizzCon (working the event).
i will be at home.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 05:47 AM   #964
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
EA needs to stop their marketing non-sense and release it on Steam. It'll happen but after the release of course.
No, it will just mean Steam users will miss out because of pride.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 11:46 AM   #965
PeterJensen

Quote:
They could send me 3 copies for free, I'm not going to fall for that.

EA needs to stop their marketing non-sense and release it on Steam. It'll happen but after the release of course.

And Happy Birthday
Get the damn game and Origin and send me your Origin ID We need more EU guys.
Old 09-24-11, 11:54 AM   #966
Redeemed

Quote:
Not gonna happen.
I'll get it once it's on Steam. I can wait.
After how EA has changed the terms of the Origin EULA I'm thinking of cancelling my BF3 pre-order as well. Would much prefer to have it on Steam my self.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 11:57 AM   #967
Redeemed

Quote:
The Steam version will be tied to Origin is well, just like the retail version. Origin will be forced on all gamers apparently.
Man... really? Then maybe I don't want this game so badly...
Old 09-24-11, 12:15 PM   #968
Redeemed

Yeah I'm just getting really turned off by this whole move. It's like EA wants to try to force Origin into success by throwing their heavy financial weight behind it. Not by making it an awesome competition to Steam but by just dumping lots of money into marketing it and forcing all their games to use it. Annoys the heck out of me and if they keep at it I pray most gamers see what they're doing and boycott it out of sheer principle. Let if fail miserably.

More I'm learning about the BF3 + Origin BS the less interested I become in the game. I mean, the game looks freakin epic and I know it'll be a blast and a half to play but... just gettin' a bad vibe about this whole origin thing.

Old 09-24-11, 12:24 PM   #969
Redeemed

Quote:
That's exactly my opinion! Unfortunately, most gamers will fall for it.
More than likely.
Old 09-24-11, 12:30 PM   #970
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Yeah I'm just getting really turned off by this whole move. It's like EA wants to try to force Origin into success by throwing their heavy financial weight behind it. Not by making it an awesome competition to Steam but by just dumping lots of money into marketing it and forcing all their games to use it. Annoys the heck out of me and if they keep at it I pray most gamers see what they're doing and boycott it out of sheer principle. Let if fail miserably.

More I'm learning about the BF3 + Origin BS the less interested I become in the game. I mean, the game looks freakin epic and I know it'll be a blast and a half to play but... just gettin' a bad vibe about this whole origin thing.
Seriously? You are going to avoid buying the best pc game ever just because of the content system it is delivered on? Pretty lame if you ask me.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 12:34 PM   #971
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AK]Zip View Post
Who gives a sh1t about Steam? Steam was forced upon everyone back in the day for Valve games the same way EA is doing now with Origin. Everyone bitched and moaned then that Steam is so sh1tty and they will never use it and that it will fail. Look at Steam now? Now everyone is bitching and moaning about Origin the exact same way. Battlefield 3 alone will bring Origin up pretty quickly not to mention a bunch of other titles I am sure will be Origin only that you will want to play. I rather not have Steam or Origin, but nothing you can do. Just enjoy the game.
I said it before and I will say it again....
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 12:34 PM   #972
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I have not had a single issue with Origin at all. I had my preorder through them for about a month, and when DS2 was added as a bonus last week I spoke with live support and it was added to my account in minutes. My download speeds are always very fast, and I've never had any crashes or anything with the service running. To me Origin is basically the opposite of Steam, as in it doesn't completely suck. Steam for me is slow ass downloads and crashes with their buggy ass games that constantly freeze my kids computer.

I just find it odd that people who call themselves gamers are willing to miss out on what will probably be one of the best FPS's of all time, not to mention other games like Star Wars TOR and ME3. If you're going to keep gaming you boys better get used to it because services such as this are here to stay.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote