Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-27-11, 09:38 PM   #1057
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

The glint in the game is no where near what happens in real life so don't even play that crap. I don't mind the idea of it, but it is basically a neon sign above their head. Tone it down a little bit and it would be alright.
Game seems alright so far. I did manage to finish one map and after that it crashes.
Old 09-27-11, 09:40 PM   #1058
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

with all the bugs in the beta, gotta say the knifing animation is absolutely SICK. The only way to make it better is if the person who is doing the stabbing knelt down and sawed the scalp off the fallen soldier
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 09:51 PM   #1059
mojoman0

Don't judge too much until you play 64 player conquest, the essence of battlefield
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 10:04 PM   #1060
ahheadlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
The glint in the game is no where near what happens in real life so don't even play that crap. I don't mind the idea of it, but it is basically a neon sign above their head. Tone it down a little bit and it would be alright.
Game seems alright so far. I did manage to finish one map and after that it crashes.
i agree, it's too much. it needs to be reduced a bit, and if they could make it dependent on lighting - even better. but this is what beta's are for. hopefully they turn it down a bit in the full game. i'm not sure the official way to leave feedback, but in the EA forums it's been mentioned. I guess the more people mentioning it - the more likely they'll take action.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 11:22 PM   #1061
jiffy

This is more of the BFBC2 style and not the true BF2 style game play. They mixed BFBC2 and MOH to get this game so far. Not a winning combination at all. This is just the "beta"/demo so I'll wait to see the full game.

The glint off of the scope is really too much, the lights in the tunnel are a little too much as well.

I hope with bigger maps and vehicles we get more of the BF feel or else this game will be short lived.

I recall enjoying BFBC2 much more on first release of the beta.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 11:23 PM   #1062
Sean_W

Yeah but the thing is with snipers is they're just really hard spot, and on big maps they're just too deadly. I personally hate snipers and I like to seek and destroy them and pump 2 mags of ammo into their face just because I hate them so much.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 12:45 AM   #1063
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

I am done with this POS. BC2 beta was tons better. BF3 alpha was also. I am starting to get a bad feeling about this game, i hope my first ever pre-order doesn't turn into money wasted. May give the beta another chance tomorrow or day after, but for now going back to BC2...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 12:52 AM   #1064
PeterJensen

Got in a good game early this morning....since thats the only time there were room on any servers in eu This game needs more Beta servers NOW!

I'm liking the game but that flashlight....its like the doom light of god Please tone that down a bit Dice

Old 09-28-11, 12:58 AM   #1065
PeterJensen

Old 09-28-11, 01:09 AM   #1066
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I am done with this POS. BC2 beta was tons better. BF3 alpha was also. I am starting to get a bad feeling about this game, i hope my first ever pre-order doesn't turn into money wasted. May give the beta another chance tomorrow or day after, but for now going back to BC2...
Ever since I pre-ordered this I've had a bad feeling. Don't know why. I'm really tempted to cancel my pre-order and put that towards RAGE instead. Just not at all impressed with the feedback I'm reading. There's still some time left so I'll wait for a bit longer and see how things begin to pan out.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:18 AM   #1067
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Sorry to say it, but you guys that are complaining about a beta are idiots. If you played the bc2 beta you would have seen that it was just of a buggy mess and poor representation of the final product. Its called beta for a reason. Of all my friends that I played bc2 with have said great things about the bf3 beta. Even though I haven't played the beta yet as I am downloading it for a second time because origin is a sack of ****, I trust their opinions.

You cannot compare this game to any other battlefield game like I see everyone doing. Bf3 is its own game, and if you want it to be like bf2 our bc2 then go play that game that already exists. No one is stopping you.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:20 AM   #1068
mojoman0

I think most of the complaints so far are a result of them picking metro which is confined and people have already seen and played a lot of
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote