Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-11, 01:25 AM   #1069
Redeemed

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Beta Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Sorry to say it, but you guys that are complaining about a beta are idiots. If you played the bc2 beta you would have seen that it was just of a buggy mess and poor representation of the final product. Its called beta for a reason. Of all my friends that I played bc2 with have said great things about the bf3 beta. Even though I haven't played the beta yet as I am downloading it for a second time because origin is a sack of ****, I trust their opinions.

You cannot compare this game to any other battlefield game like I see everyone doing. Bf3 is its own game, and if you want it to be like bf2 our bc2 then go play that game that already exists. No one is stopping you.
I'm only interested in the SP. And what I'm questioning is whether the SP campaign will be worth the $60. I'm beginning to have my doubts. Might be because this is the first game I've ever pre-ordered, also might be because I don't like the idea of $60 for a game... it'd better be freaking amazing for that much money imo.

I've yet to cancel the pre-order though, gonna' wait and see how things start developing. Looks very fun (sp) but I'm wondering if it's more of a $45 fun vs $60 fun. Not sure if that makes any sense.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:27 AM   #1070
PeterJensen

Yea game i still beta Lets wait and see.
Old 09-28-11, 01:28 AM   #1071
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I'm only interested in the SP. And what I'm questioning is whether the SP campaign will be worth the $60. I'm beginning to have my doubts. Might be because this is the first game I've ever pre-ordered, also might be because I don't like the idea of $60 for a game... it'd better be freaking amazing for that much money imo.

I've yet to cancel the pre-order though, gonna' wait and see how things start developing. Looks very fun (sp) but I'm wondering if it's more of a $45 fun vs $60 fun. Not sure if that makes any sense.
If you knew some tricks you could get it for $45 with dead space 2 for free. I did.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:29 AM   #1072
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
If you knew some tricks you could get it for $45 with dead space 2 for free. I did.
Also, no one buys a battlefield game just for the single player...
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:33 AM   #1073
Redeemed

Quote:
Also, no one buys a battlefield game just for the single player...
I know quite a few people that have. The first video footage of the game was the SP campaign. Unlike previous BF titles this one should have a rather kick-ass SP story.

Meh, maybe if I go back and watch those trailers and videos for the game I'll re-hype myself for it.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:35 AM   #1074
Greedo

controls somehow feel clunky... like crysis. not the supple smoothness you want in a MP.

Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:50 AM   #1075
DoorMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
I think most of the complaints so far are a result of them picking metro which is confined and people have already seen and played a lot of
I hope so, but we won't really get to know until they take our cash. I don't even care about the bugs most of them will get fixed in time, its the general game play is what's making me consider canceling. Not what I was expecting but I can see how some people would like it.
DoorMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 01:50 AM   #1076
Rummy

I like the beta but I am tired of the Metro map.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-11, 02:23 AM   #1077
Rummy

Can't connect to battlelog or server browser at all. keep getting connection reset error.
Old 09-28-11, 02:48 AM   #1078
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Sorry to say it, but you guys that are complaining about a beta are idiots. If you played the bc2 beta you would have seen that it was just of a buggy mess and poor representation of the final product. Its called beta for a reason. Of all my friends that I played bc2 with have said great things about the bf3 beta. Even though I haven't played the beta yet as I am downloading it for a second time because origin is a sack of ****, I trust their opinions.

You cannot compare this game to any other battlefield game like I see everyone doing. Bf3 is its own game, and if you want it to be like bf2 our bc2 then go play that game that already exists. No one is stopping you.
at least in BC2 beta you didnt sink 20 feet into the ground at every turn seriously though, it IS a beta, so obviously bugs are normal. however it DOES look like they took a step backwards from the alpha based on QA.
we wont know how the game runs until months after the official release when they patch it up a couple times, and until then, we only have feelings to go on. I am not canceling my preorder, i am just preparing myself for a release that looks like it is going to be 10x buggier than BC2.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 03:09 AM   #1079
Rummy

Never mind it's working now.
Old 09-28-11, 03:39 AM   #1080
FlakMagnet

Does anyone know how to change the mouse sensitivity or the graphics settings in the beta? Just can't find any sort of 'Settings' menu at all :P
2xSamsung 7200 750GB RAID 0| Akasa Eclipse 62
FlakMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote