Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-10, 06:38 PM   #1
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,138
Send a message via AIM to Dazz
Default Should i wait or buy?

From looking around it is rumoured that the GTX 570 is around the corner but price is yet to be disclosed. My GTX 260 died today, believe it or not i was only viewing web pages when the screen started to cut out then would never come back on. Rebooted the system and the GPU fan would stay on.

Anyway does anyone know when the GTX 570's are coming out? hopefully very soon. It was a tossup with the HD 6870 and a GTX 470. Would have gone with the HD card if it wasn't for the fact when my mate brought with him 4 cards (1 nVidia and 3 ATi) and the only one my motherboard would accept was the nVidia 8600GT, none of the ATi cards would boot in this ASUS P5N-D

Do you guys think I should wait for the GTX 570 or just buy a GTX 470 now. I have seen the 470 Twin Frozr II for under £200 (same as a HD 6870) and is kind of tempting, depends on the GTX 570 price however or if the prices on the GTX470 will drop further.

Well I know my GTX 260’s price has not changed much and are still selling for more than a GTX460.
__________________
"Never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition @ 4.25GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX470
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu PC12800 DDR3
Monitor: LG E2260V-PN Full HD WLED 22" & DELL 20" 2005FPW,
Power: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w PSU
Sound: Logitech Z5500 Digital.
Cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow.
1st Storage: Kingston V100 SSDNow128GB SSD
2nd Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 09:54 PM   #2
LydianKnight
Registered Knight
 
LydianKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Málaga, Spain
Posts: 977
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

It's like... 4 days before the 570 gets released so... I'd say... wait and compare.
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 12:08 AM   #3
Fotis
Radeforce GTX7970
 
Fotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

In the next 2 weeks there will be 3 new cards out(GTX 570-6950-6970) so I say wait a bit.
__________________
Intel Core i7 920 @3.8GHz|Corsair H50|MSI X58 Platinum|3x2GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 7-8-7-20|Gigabyte Radeon 7970 OC 3GB windforce|Samsung SSD 830 256GB/Intel SSD X25M 80GB|Seagate Ext. 2TB eSata|Corsair TX 750W|Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 7000|Silverstone Grandia GD-01 MX Black|Dell UltraSharp U2412M| Windows 7 x64 Pro
Fotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 12:15 AM   #4
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh
 
ATOJAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Middlesbrough, England.
Posts: 2,756
Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

I would wait my fellow northerner

I have a 260 too, Im waiting unill after Christmas before i upgrade ... Either to a GTX 570/580 depending on the price difference.
__________________
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 03:54 AM   #5
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,138
Send a message via AIM to Dazz
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

Thanks, 4 days you say. Damn i have seen some good deals today, HD 5870 £190, GTX 470 (£177) HD 6850 & GTX 460 1GB (£140) Looks like they are clearing out their inventory for the new cards.
__________________
"Never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition @ 4.25GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX470
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu PC12800 DDR3
Monitor: LG E2260V-PN Full HD WLED 22" & DELL 20" 2005FPW,
Power: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w PSU
Sound: Logitech Z5500 Digital.
Cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow.
1st Storage: Kingston V100 SSDNow128GB SSD
2nd Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 07:01 AM   #6
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 1,368
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

I'd take advantage of inventory clearing sales and get a 470. They rock.
__________________
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition @ 4.00GHz, 2.94GHz uncore| Corsair H60 | ASUS P6X58D-E | Zotac GTX 580 @ 872/1744/2145|Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB (Games/Steam)| Seagate 1.5TB (media/misc.) |Seagate 1 TB (OS/Main) | 24 GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1.5V DDR3-1333 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD 202 Headset | Dual Gigabit Realtek LAN | Antec True Power Quattro 1200W | Acer G235Hbmbd 23" LCD Display | Logitech K320 Wireless Keyboard | Logitech Performance MX Mouse
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 09:21 AM   #7
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,138
Send a message via AIM to Dazz
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

I have been thinking that, i am suspecting that the GTX 570 is going to be priced at £300 about the same as the GTX480 and the GTX580 is currently going for about £400. £300 is a bit much for my pocket, Infact i am going to order the GTX 470, if the GTX 570 is out and is better priced i will just send the GTX470 back and buy the 570.
__________________
"Never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition @ 4.25GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX470
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu PC12800 DDR3
Monitor: LG E2260V-PN Full HD WLED 22" & DELL 20" 2005FPW,
Power: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w PSU
Sound: Logitech Z5500 Digital.
Cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow.
1st Storage: Kingston V100 SSDNow128GB SSD
2nd Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 09:59 AM   #8
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,138
Send a message via AIM to Dazz
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

Damn they have sent it out already, talk about quick. Business must be slow!
__________________
"Never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition @ 4.25GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX470
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu PC12800 DDR3
Monitor: LG E2260V-PN Full HD WLED 22" & DELL 20" 2005FPW,
Power: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w PSU
Sound: Logitech Z5500 Digital.
Cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow.
1st Storage: Kingston V100 SSDNow128GB SSD
2nd Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-10, 10:32 AM   #9
onmikesline
Registered User
 
onmikesline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: south florida
Posts: 887
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

its because of the holidays, this month most companys ship asap
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 05:14 PM   #10
LBJM
Registered User
 
LBJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 627
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

I would wait till the ATI cards are out, so you can get a good price and the best card for your money.
__________________
Gigabyte ud7 rev 2.0
12GB of G.skill

wishing for an ARM based desktop.
LBJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 05:35 PM   #11
G-Man
i can hit the g spot
 
G-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 274
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

If I was you i'd wait for the GTX 595 or RADEON 6990, both dual gpu
__________________
Core i9 "Engineering Sample"
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 07:45 PM   #12
KasuCode
Wiley
 
KasuCode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 1,878
Send a message via AIM to KasuCode
Default Re: Should i wait or buy?

id put your video card in the oven and try to fix it.
__________________

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.