Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-11-03, 09:21 PM   #1
inphlict

Angry Does this ever happen to you? Help PLS!

I have a huge problem with the drivers for my Geforce 2 MX 400 64MB! Please help me out, I am willing to do anything to fix this annoying problem.

Specs:

Pentium 4 1.6 GHz
Samsung SyncMaster 753DF 17 inches
Geforce 2 MX 400 64MB
256 DDR Ram
Windows XP Pro

Problem:

I have problem with constant flashing/freezing with my desktop. I am currently using 45.23 drivers for my video card. What happens is while I am using the desktop environment my computer screen freezes for several seconds flashes quickly to black and then returns to normal. Sometimes messing up my screen and making parts of the desktop black until I restart the computer. I have this same problem with all 4X.XX drivers I have tried. With 3X.XX drivers my computer freezes the screen until I restart but this happens less frequently then with 4X.XX drivers however itís almost impossible to use the computer then because I have restart every few minutes or hours. 4X.XX drivers do not restart just do this weird freeze for about 3-4 seconds which is very annoying. The only drivers that I do not have a problem with are the default ones installed with windows xp. However these drivers work extremely badly under opengl and directx, 4X.XX & 3X.XX drivers work excellent under both opengl & directx, never freeze under opengl & directx only when Iím using the desktop/applications.

My current settings are:

Resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels
Color Quality: Highest 32 bit
Refresh Rate: 85 Hertz

Please Help Me, Thank You Very Much!
inphlict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-03, 09:42 PM   #2
LuminousFriend

I have no idea what's causing this. Have you tried using the System Restore (to restore back to a date where you didn't have the problem)? If this fails and no one else here can find the problem, you can always "repair" Windows using the Windows CD. That way, you shouldn't lose any files, but always backup. (Of course, that's assuming the problem is not caused by the hardware. To see if it is, try running your card in another computer and/or running another card (which you know for sure works) in your computer, to see which piece of hardware (if any) is faulty.) Or, as a last resort, go to a computer store and ask that they test the card to see if it is working properly.

Good luck.
LuminousFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-03, 09:47 PM   #3
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Hi,

Did these problems just suddenly pop up? Or have they allways been there?

Also, i also have no clue what could be the problem, but i would first try swapping out the video card with a friends.

then go though the process of elimination etc.
Old 09-11-03, 09:53 PM   #4
inphlict

The problem has been there for a long time, I dont remmber when it first started but a format doesn't solve it.
inphlict is offline   Reply With Quote