Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-11, 05:00 PM   #205
Ninja Prime

Default Re: THE ELDER SCROLLS V ANNOUNCED (OFFICIALY)

Depends on if they keep the racials the same. I'd say Nord to keep with the theme, maybe Breton for a castery type.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-11, 07:48 PM   #206
ArrowMk84

In Morrowind and Oblivion I played Breton warrior mages. I'll probably play the same again, as long as the stats are similar to the previous two games. But since they're making the races more visually distinct this time around, I might play something else instead (as long as its not a damn wood elf - I feel like I need to check my coin purse every time one of 'em gets near me ).
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-11, 07:57 PM   #207
mojoman0

pvp multiplayer mod sounds fun for this game
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 05:11 PM   #208
JohnDio

Skyrim is going to be similar to both Morrowind and Oblivion
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 07:53 PM   #209
jkmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by de><ta View Post
What race are you folks going to play as?

Nord sounds good for a Skyrim theme but Dunmer has the advantage against fire breathing dragons...
Redguard. All of my characters have been redguard in the elderscrolls series.
Old 04-12-11, 11:10 PM   #210
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Man no news on this game in over a month... well here ya go...

Elder Scrolls Multiplayer Possible But Unlikely....

Personally i'd say don't add it for launch, then add it as a $10 addon, I'd buy it... but I don;t want it diluting the original release and I'd be willing to wait for it and buy it later...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Eld...nes,12561.html
Quote:
There's no question that a multiplayer component for Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise would be an awesome addition. The enormous, immersive terrain in both Morrowind and Oblivion seemingly indicates that there's a potential for some kind of multiplayer gameplay whether its a four-player co-op party or a full-blown MMORPG

In a recent issue of Edge Magazine, indicating that it's technically possible to add a multiplayer component, but ultimately becomes a question of whether the current title needs the component or not.

"I've always said: 'You tell us whether or not your game needs it," he explained in the interview. "I'm not going to tell you it has to be in there, or it has to be on the back of the box. If that's the reason you're doing it then don't waste your time and don't waste ours."

He admitted that repeated requests for multiplayer support by Elder Scroll fans "does get old," but goes on to say that the addition could make the final product a "lesser game."

"It's not wrong or unreasonable for people to want to experience a game with their friends, or want to do things with folks online," he explained. "There's nothing wrong with that at all. What we've tried to do is help people understand that in game development, it's all about trade-offs. One of our mantras here is that you can do anything - you just can't do everything.<br /><br />"So certainly we could do multiplayer," he added. "Unquestionably. It's not a thing we're technically incapable of figuring out. But when we draw up the list of things we'd like to have cut or change in order to support that feature, what we end up with is unpalatable. It'd make a lesser version of the game. And there is no doubt on the dev side that that is the case."</p>

<p>Recently BioWare admitted that it's looking into developing a MMOG based in the Dead Space universe. Ultimately Bethesda may want to investigate this avenue as well, as an Elder Scrolls MMORPG would pose as a viable threat to Blizzard's highly-popular MMORPG, World of Warcraft. A free-to-play model may also be possible, requiring gamers to pay for premium items and gain access to premium areas within Tamriel (or another continent on Nirn).</
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 08:23 AM   #211
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I think the idea of them going to an MMORPG is a bad idea because once they go that route, they'll never come back to a legit single player game.

I think (just IMO) that they should forget multiplayer or co-op and simply give all the tools in the developer kit that they say will be included with the game so that teh community modders can build the co-op mod.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 09:17 AM   #212
|MaguS|

I just want coop in my elders scroll.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Old 04-13-11, 02:23 PM   #213
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I just want coop in my elders scroll.
Exactly
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 12:29 AM   #214
proliferazor
this won't hurt a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
I think the idea of them going to an MMORPG is a bad idea because once they go that route, they'll never come back to a legit single player game.

I think (just IMO) that they should forget multiplayer or co-op and simply give all the tools in the developer kit that they say will be included with the game so that teh community modders can build the co-op mod.
Modding community tried that. And the project failed. For that to even have a chance of success they would have to release the source code(not gonna happen) and even then it would be a massive undertaking. transfering that much data for all the different objects/monsters/attacks syncing the radiant ai/story ect... and game states elder scrolls has, could only be done by elite professional quality team of coders. Theres even more problems than just getting the code to work, like lag compensation and lost packets / connections, what layout does the network have? Client server (there is no server atm)? Peer to Peer star config, what about cheaters?
proliferazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 11:30 AM   #215
Logical

Elder Scrolls V + Multiplayer = no thanks

Oblivion is one of the best single player games i have played and i am looking forward to once again playing through a single player rpg which has had 100% effort focused into it.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 01:26 PM   #216
JohnDio

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks almost the same on PC and consoles
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote