Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-17-10, 10:01 AM   #1
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Gaming head-set question

I currently have the HPA2 from Turtle Beach which I have owned for a few years (currently not using) and a Logitech G-930 which I am using at the moment.

For a number of reasons, I am in the process of returning my G930 back to Logitech. It is a fantastic head-set but I have a couple of issues with it in the manner that I use my headset.

I am currently looking into something which provides just as good spatial reproduction as the HPA2 (5.1) or the G930's (7.1) and have narrowed it down to a couple of different solutions, but I am heavily leaning towards Sennheiser 360 headset.

I wanted to get some feedback, options and opinions on the 360 or alternatives. I'll probably buy by the end of this week or next when I get paid.

Thanks much
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 10:43 AM   #2
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Default Re: Gaming head-set question

360 and what more? I've just found a model but... it's stereo, not multi-channel... which exact model is?
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 11:44 AM   #3
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
360 and what more? I've just found a model but... it's stereo, not multi-channel... which exact model is?
http://www.amazon.com/PC-360-Headset...2607786&sr=8-1

My buddy has a 350 and a 360 and I liked the 360 better. I want to get other people's opinions

I do NOT want a USB headset.

Should I just stick to my HPA2?
Old 12-17-10, 12:00 PM   #4
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Don't know what to say... the model you posted the link for is, effectively, a stereo model (at least, I didn't saw anything related to multi-channel).

If you want to keep the surround feel, keep them.

If you're going for those Sennheiser... would you accept a personal advice?

Check this first: Pioneer SE-M390, top of the mid-line, along the JVC HA-RX700, 40mm driver, good bass levels, I'm going with the Pioneer model because it's what my usual online shop has but, overall, far better than my current Sony MDR-XD200, they sound and feel like... Fisher Price compared to the Pioneer ones (a friend has them).
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 12:02 PM   #5
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Don't know what to say... the model you posted the link for is, effectively, a stereo model (at least, I didn't saw anything related to multi-channel).

If you want to keep the surround feel, keep them.

If you're going for those Sennheiser... would you accept a personal advice?

Check this first: Pioneer SE-M390, top of the mid-line, along the JVC HA-RX700, 40mm driver, good bass levels, I'm going with the Pioneer model because it's what my usual online shop has but, overall, far better than my current Sony MDR-XD200, they sound and feel like... Fisher Price compared to the Pioneer ones (a friend has them).
The thing is, I have heard good things about the Sennheiser and never used their products before.

This is what I am currently running.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...orce-hpa2.aspx

Overall, it is superior to the Pioneer you have linked to and I am not sure I would move away from the HPA-2 to the Pioneer

Why does this have to be so hard

I appreciate your feed-back Lydian
Old 12-17-10, 12:08 PM   #6
autobot

Just get a good set of Sennheiser headphones (I use the HD485) and a Zalman clip-on mic. Everything from music, gaming and movies sound fantastic with plenty of warmth, and the folks I game with tell me my voice comes in crisp and clean.
MSI 6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB
Lite-On DVD/RW w/ Lightscribe
XFX XXX-Edition 650W PSU
[COLOR="Red"]Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance[/COLOR][/CENTER]
autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 12:19 PM   #7
jkmetal

Senn is top of the line stuff. When I used to be able to hear correctly, I had two senns. HD595 for music, HD80 for games/movies. The HD80 worked great with eax and sound imagining. You cannot lose with senn.
Old 12-18-10, 01:11 PM   #8
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

Ordered HD555's and a zalman clip on mic. Gonna be my first good headset, should enjoy it
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote