Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-03, 10:16 PM   #1
AshG
Panem et circenses

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG
Default "Blow up a Jew" avatars degrading, offensive

I think the subject says it all. I am highly saddenned and offended by the use of the modified "Free Palestine' avatars. I'm all for equality anda separate, self-governed Palestinian state, but I am sickened and disgusted that there is violently anti-semitic propoganda in full view.

Like I said, I think the "Free Palestine" avatars are great, but "blow up a jew" has to go... please?
Old 08-02-03, 01:57 AM   #2
StealthHawk

I will take a look. I assume that these people are some of the more, ah, politically active members who partake in heated discussions in the OF.

If you could list the people who have these avatars, or PM me thier names, that would be great. I want to make sure I take care of all of them.

edit: I don't see anyone who has an avatar that says "blow up a jew" on it

Old 08-02-03, 02:03 AM   #3
AshG
Panem et circenses

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

I don't know how, but it got taken care of reeeeaaaallllly quickly after I posted this... Thanks to whoever it was, beit UDawg and RipTide or MikeC himself!
Old 08-02-03, 03:54 AM   #4
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Changed my free palestine one back too, sorry it took so long but I had a really early night last night
Old 08-02-03, 04:03 AM   #5
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: "Blow up a Jew" avatars degrading, offensive

Quote:
Originally posted by AshG
I think the subject says it all. I am highly saddenned and offended by the use of the modified "Free Palestine' avatars. I'm all for equality anda separate, self-governed Palestinian state, but I am sickened and disgusted that there is violently anti-semitic propoganda in full view.

Like I said, I think the "Free Palestine" avatars are great, but "blow up a jew" has to go... please?
First off you should have PMd' me about this. I am the one who altered the original FREE PALESTINE. When you have a problem with a person in the forum then you go directly to them, before you make another thread in which you don't know what you are talking about.

1. I am not anti-semitic.
2. I am a staunch supporter of Israel.
3. It was a political statement against some of the more extreme members here who support Palestinian terrorists and the PLO's actions the past 30 years of suicide bombings. Like my wording or not but that is my view. BTW that does not mean all here who support the Palestinians, but rather just some one who does.
4. Some of us have different views about the Palestinian/Israel conflict.

My whole intent was to have the avatar up until a mod or Mike C contacted me. I made my point and then I removed it.

Last edited by UDawg; 08-02-03 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-03-03, 07:06 AM   #6
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy

I was starting to have a problem with all the "Free Palestine" avatars myself. Nothing political - It was just everyone and their brother was using the same avatar making it hard for me to tell some of those people apart!

I completely missed the offending "blow up a jew" avatars and I guess it's a good thing!! I haven't banned anyone yet since being a mod but that would've changed really quick.
Old 08-03-03, 09:34 AM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Re: "Blow up a Jew" avatars degrading, offensive

Quote:
Originally posted by UDawg
My whole intent was to have the avatar up until a mod or Mike C contacted me. I made my point and then I removed it.
Just make sure it don't happen again. If you or anyone else cares to walk on that kind of thin ice, some of us will make sure you are dealt with mercilessly.
Old 08-03-03, 12:19 PM   #8
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Well in all honesty it was just a bit of ribbing that went too far. Nothing malicious

Old 08-03-03, 01:10 PM   #9
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Re: Re: "Blow up a Jew" avatars degrading, offensive

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Just make sure it don't happen again. If you or anyone else cares to walk on that kind of thin ice, some of us will make sure you are dealt with mercilessly.
The issue was already settled. You need not post this.
Old 08-03-03, 02:19 PM   #10
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: "Blow up a Jew" avatars degrading, offensive

Quote:
Originally posted by UDawg
The issue was already settled. You need not post this.
The avatar offended some people, I think it's a bit natural that they want to add their own bit to make their feelings on the matter known.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-03-03, 02:36 PM   #11
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

UDawg...buddy...

Come up with a tasteful avatar and stick with it man. The Underdog one was cool. Why do you have to buck everyone and go from one extreme to the other?
Old 08-03-03, 05:15 PM   #12
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by intercede007
Come up with a tasteful avatar and stick with it man. The Underdog one was cool. Why do you have to buck everyone and go from one extreme to the other?
Because he has "points" to make.
Closed Thread