Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-31-11, 06:29 PM   #73
Bah!

Default Re: Rift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I've been itching to get this game but from what I read over at the official forums, it's pretty common for people sporting multiple lvl 50(cap I'm assuming) toons? The game has only been out for a month or so right? Sounds a bit trouble some for longevity no?
The leveling speed is about the same as WoW, so anyone with mutliple 50 level toons is playing a **** ton. I don't think it's very common at all.

BTW, if you are going to play you shouldn't read the forums. Far and away the worst of any game I've ever played, including WoW.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 09:48 AM   #74
PeterJensen

I love rift.
Old 04-01-11, 10:53 AM   #75
Ghosthunter

A friend just sent me a key to play free this weekend..so going to really give it a shot and see what it think about it in release
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 02:30 PM   #76
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
A friend just sent me a key to play free this weekend..so going to really give it a shot and see what it think about it in release
Wish somebody would send me a dang key to try it :\. I played the beta and enjoyed it, but I didn't get to fool around with it as much as I wanted to, so I'm curious about some of the other stuff to do.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 04:53 PM   #77
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Yea, I won't buy it unless I can try it.

I also read a lengthy thread over at IGNs VN forums about PVP'ing really sucking in this game. From what I gather it emulates WOWs system but badly? There's absolutly no point to Rifts PVP. If so, that's a bummer as I'm not much of a pve kinda guy.
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 09:40 PM   #78
CaptnStubing

I got bored with it. Fun game lots to do but I think I'm just burnt out on video games in general.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 08:27 AM   #79
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I got bored with it. Fun game lots to do but I think I'm just burnt out on video games in general.
Take a break Captn!!... TERA is coming soon .. i'm saving my self for TERA.. don't wanna waste time with Cookie cutter MMOs anymore. I got tired to AION too after 18Months.. TERA can't come fast enough!! .. need something new to try.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 11:24 AM   #80
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Having a great time playing Rift still and started messing with it in beta 4. The classes are entertaining, lore is definitely there and the visuals are nice.

I thought after creating my 4th toon that I'd get tired of the same starting area but so far that hasn't really been the case. Just started a dwarf cleric over the weekend and got him to 15. That little guy is a beast in the warfront I had to take a little break from my 43 nec\lock..I'm worried about hitting 50 and being bummed about it.

I went ahead and shut down the WoW and EQ2 accounts...think I'll be staying in Telara a while.

Now if the wifey will just stay interested in the game longer than a month or two....

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-11, 08:34 AM   #81
Yaboze

I started off with a gallop but slowed down considerably a few weeks ago. It has nothing to do with the game, I think it's pretty good.

I logged in to find out my account was hacked when all that stuff went down a few weeks ago. I guess their servers weren't secure enough and hackers targeted their authentication servers. Anyway, my main character was stripped. I logged in and my character was in his underwear, bags emptied and no cash. I was pissed and was really busy with RL, so I logged off in disgust. Trion was backlogged with requests to restore characters so I bagged it, but not before taking my CC out of my account profile and changing my PW.

Fast forward to this past weekend, I got the itch again and called Trion. They restored my character in a few hours and I'm good to go. I have to say their tech support person was really great, but you normally have to request this in game. I explained I wasn't going to resub and then wait for them to do it. He put in a request for me and it was fairly quick.

Just a FYI, I have been gaming for decades and playing MMO's since Ultima Online and EQ. I have never had any of my accounts hacked due to my own stupidity, malicious websites, keyloggers or the biggest offender of them all, sharing it with a "friend". To have my account hacked in 2011 after all this time was very surprising to me, since I am very careful with security and where I go on the web.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the game again.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 09:38 AM   #82
Lyme

There was a login bug that has been fixed that, from all reports, made hacking accounts a breeze. I wouldn't take it as you did something wrong. To help things Trion has added in coin-locking and authentication apps.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 03:42 AM   #83
K007

does it have a tiral
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 02:42 PM   #84
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

After playing release for awhile, it feels like a WoW expansion. A very good one, but a lot more of the same. Its different enough to be interesting, but I don't know how well it will age.

It seems like they got the "bring the player, not the class" done better with the fact that each class can fill different roles. Being able to switch between 4 different specs within your class makes it easier to experiment with different play styles without redoing your character, which is nice.

I followed the people I played WoW with into Rift. Some of us are going to play it until everyone else stops playing. Most of us also canned our wow accounts.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote