Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-11, 08:51 AM   #1
josh2992

Default GTX295 dual monitors - winXP

Hi all,

I just got a second monitor which i would love to set up in tandem with my current one. As the title suggests i am using a GTX295 gfx card. So far i have my current monitor plugged in to one port of the card (as it has always been) and i have plugged the other screen into the other port on the card. I then restarted my computer because nothing was showing up in display>properties>settings.

After restarting the computer i went back to display>properties>settings and it showed another monitor that was not enabled. When i click on the second monitor and tick "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" and then apply. My main monitor goes black for a second and comes back on but the other monitor doesn't turn on at all. Also when the original monitor comes back on the number two monitor in the settings tab is disabled again.

Am i doing something wrong or is this not possible...i have done some searching but nothing seems to help with my problem. Oh and by the way my main monitor uses a DVI cord and the second monitor is using a VGA cord with a DVI converter so it will connect to the GTX295...does that change anything?

Any help is much appreiciated.
josh2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 05:33 AM   #2
archive-th

Default Re: GTX295 dual monitors - winXP

Try a cool little program called UltraMon. I'm sure they would have a free trial on their website (personally I paid for it. About $20 for a lifetime subscription or something) and it just handles my monitors perfectly. offers you lost of settings too.
archive-th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 08:40 AM   #3
LabShark

Does it ever show a #1 monitor?
1200W Thermaltake PS
6GB G. Skill RAM
X-Fi Fatality
Intel X25-M SSD
300GB Raptor
640GB WD Cavair 16MB
LG BluRayDisc
LG SuperDisc
Lian Li PC80 Armorsuit
W7 64 bit
LabShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 10:54 AM   #4
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

Did you disable the multi gpu setting?
The whole idea of a Palestinian nation and a Palestinian people is an invention of Arab propaganda. Arafat was himself an Egyptian. The only people to have lived continuously on the land from time immemorial are Jews. So many others have conquered, ruled, thrived and ultimately perished there that the list would take hundreds of pages. A mere sample would include: Byzantines, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Circassians, Kurds, Abbassids (Iraqis), Egyptians, Kharezmians (Genghis Khan), Mamluks, Mongols, Latins (Crusaders), Ottomans, French and English.

It is not and never was Palestinian land.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."....Ronald Reagan

"You guys are still crying about Fox News? Damn you little sandy vagina metro sexual emos need to grow a pair of balls."....UDawg(FTMFW)
bknblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 04:39 AM   #5
philiprambo

Default Re:

Really a very interesting and informative post.
philiprambo is offline   Reply With Quote