Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-10, 06:47 AM   #1
ChrisR34000

Default Output to LCD TV problem

Hello!

I acquired a Geforce 6600GT with two DVI outputs with the purpose of having a display output on my monitor and my LCD TV. The monitor is connected via DVI cable directly to one of the outputs and the TV is connected from its RGB input via a VGA-cable+DVI adaptor to the output of the graphic card. While the PC boots, everything is fine and I have an image on both screens. When Windows XP boots, I have no signal on the TV anymore and the TV screen goes black. I suspect, that there is some driver setting, which can fix this problem. I've already set both screens on "Clone" in the NVIDIA Control panel, but to no avail.
What can I do?
Thank you very much for your help and kindness.

Regards
Chris
ChrisR34000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 02:10 PM   #2
ChrisR34000

Default Re: Output to LCD TV problem

I managed to get an output on the TV. I need to change the resolution of my monitor to 1024x768 and then set the "Clone" setting. Is there a possibility to keep my monitor at 1280x1024 and still use "Clone" with my TV? Because it is kind of annoying to always switch the resolutions before watching a movie...
ChrisR34000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 07:54 PM   #3
MarzEz

Default Re: Output to LCD TV problem

If you set up dual monitors, and choose to extend your desktop onto your TV, you can have your main screen at 1280x1024, and your TV at 1024x768. If you have a program like VLC, it will fullscreen on your second monitor. (Your TV.)
MarzEz is offline   Reply With Quote