Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-03-11, 05:52 PM   #1
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

Default mpc-hc tutorial confusion

I followed this tutorial to setup mpc-hc on my pc which is connected to my pioneer avr and then to my samsung plasma tv.

http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html

When I play a dts or DD signal, it keeps showing PCM on my pioneer display, instead of DTS or DD. If I switch my audio rendered in mpc to Pioneer AVR instead of reclock(as suggested in tutorial), then I can see DD and DTS. But when I play a dts-hd source, I get no audio in this case.

Is this how its supposed to be?
Old 02-21-11, 02:01 PM   #2
turdhat

Default Re: mpc-hc tutorial confusion

Not sure what is causing this. I do know that Multi channel pcm is lossless so should not be getting any perceivable quality loss. Are you running HDMI out from vid card to receiver ? Some cards wont pass DTS-HD or Dolby hd at all and some like mine pass them as 6 ch PCM which is fine. I have an older ps3 that sends DTS-HD out as 6ch PCM. I read a lot about this when I was trying to figure out why my receiver wasnt switching in to DTS-HD mode and found that older ps3 systems do this but that you would need an oscilloscope to detect a difference. This was in an audiophile forum with some very knowledgeable people over as avsforum.com.
Gigabyte 580 @945/2232
4 Gigs Ripjaw @ 1600
Antec (a good one) 650w
A Partridge in a pear tree.
turdhat is offline   Reply With Quote