Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-01-11, 03:49 PM   #109
HiCZoK4

Default Re: Duke Nukem is coming for real in may this year

bahahahha thats great Duke comments when throwing that turd around are priceless
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 10:43 PM   #110
MowTin

Is the turd thing in the game? Yuck, but seeing it go through the goal post was funny.

The jetpack scene was badass. Can't wait.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 04:01 AM   #111
HiCZoK4

Thats all confirmed to be in the game. Its Duke. The interactivity with environment is at player will
Old 04-06-11, 05:57 AM   #112
Pennyboy

I'm looking forward to it, it looks pretty funny. Some reviewers have played parts of it and the feedback hasn't been good . I will wait for reviews before I lay the cash down for it.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 08:16 AM   #113
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
I'm looking forward to it, it looks pretty funny. Some reviewers have played parts of it and the feedback hasn't been good . I will wait for reviews before I lay the cash down for it.
My impression is that Gearbox, while a very capable company, is focusing waaay too much on the Duke persona (as raunchy as possible) and not enough on the gameplay.

The few clips I've seen back this up as I haven't seen anything that hasn't been done before and possibly better. The only thing that sets this apart so far is the vulgarity.

I can get past that no problem, but there needs to be a solid experience to back it up or it's nothing but a "Hey, look how raunchy we can be", poorly done waste of money.
Old 04-06-11, 12:05 PM   #114
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
My impression is that Gearbox, while a very capable company, is focusing waaay too much on the Duke persona (as raunchy as possible) and not enough on the gameplay.

The few clips I've seen back this up as I haven't seen anything that hasn't been done before and possibly better. The only thing that sets this apart so far is the vulgarity.

I can get past that no problem, but there needs to be a solid experience to back it up or it's nothing but a "Hey, look how raunchy we can be", poorly done waste of money.
exactly and IMO this is why bulletstorm was fun for me. yeah the swearing was over the top but the game was a rollercoaster of fun to play through.

Hopefully this one will be the same. Games like this can't take themselves seriously and succeed.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 12:13 PM   #115
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post

But thats the key, Duke shouldn't try to renovate or change things. It can be a great game by being standard and by having the player experience crazy **** at every turn.
Old 04-06-11, 01:48 PM   #116
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
exactly and IMO this is why bulletstorm was fun for me. yeah the swearing was over the top but the game was a rollercoaster of fun to play through.

Hopefully this one will be the same. Games like this can't take themselves seriously and succeed.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
But thats the key, Duke shouldn't try to renovate or change things. It can be a great game by being standard and by having the player experience crazy **** at every turn.
I agree. My point though is that I've seen all hype and nothing hinting of a great player experience so far. That doesn't mean it isn't there by any stretch, but if it is, they're keeping it hidden.

Old 04-06-11, 02:01 PM   #117
HiCZoK4

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/04/06/...ind-duke-nukem

Duke Nukem history document CH1
Old 04-06-11, 04:33 PM   #118
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

tsts
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 06:45 PM   #119
Burnt_Ram

"get past the vulgarity" ? thats almost the best part his one liners are classic, funny as hell.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 06:10 AM   #120
HiCZoK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8QHSngg9vk

New episode of What would Duke Nukem do! BABES!

YAY!!!

hmm.... thats quite a lot of trailers etc... the game is suppose to be released in two months. And most of ad campaigns mostly start really hard month before release

also check out first 20min part of DUKE podcast on the official DNF site. Interview with Triptych(3dralms)