Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-24-11, 02:26 PM   #13
brucecadieux

Default Re: Graphical GPU Monitor

Yep using the beta drivers on an EVGA GTS 450 Fermi Superclocked.
brucecadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 03:16 PM   #14
schmidtbag

Attention

The program has just been updated to work for nvidia drivers 270.xx and up. If you are currently using 260, this will not work!

Lets all hope nvidia doesn't keep changing this on us.

If anyone wants me to add more features, let me know. I can't guarantee that you'll get what you want, because as you can see from the screenshot, I'm using a 7900GT so my card obviously doesn't have every feature out there.
schmidtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 04:13 PM   #15
brucecadieux

Why not just post both versions clearly saying which one is which?
brucecadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 04:18 PM   #16
schmidtbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecadieux View Post
Why not just post both versions clearly saying which one is which?
i do have that. one is called nvchart260.zip, the other is nvchart270.zip. you download the version that corresponds to which driver you have. click on the "view all files" link on the sourceforge page to see all versions.
Old 01-24-11, 07:08 PM   #17
schmidtbag

New update made to nvchart 270:

* You can now change graph colors or disable unwanted graphs
* Config file added to make running the program easier
* Live clock information now added (but not as a graph)
* Severe memory leak fixed
* Flickering text fixed
Old 01-25-11, 03:26 PM   #18
Licaon

maybe you can unify the versions, like detect the driver version and act accordingly ( eg: cat /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README.txt | grep 'Most Recent Driver Version' | awk '{print $5}' or whatever you want it in Python )

the gpu/shader frequencies look wacky as reported by nvidia-smi ( at least on my GTX460; BTW, maybe i should report it or something? ) compared to the correct ones that conky sees
Licaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 06:06 PM   #19
schmidtbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licaon View Post
maybe you can unify the versions, like detect the driver version and act accordingly ( eg: cat /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README.txt | grep 'Most Recent Driver Version' | awk '{print $5}' or whatever you want it in Python )

the gpu/shader frequencies look wacky as reported by nvidia-smi ( at least on my GTX460; BTW, maybe i should report it or something? ) compared to the correct ones that conky sees
well i probably will do that in the future when there are more driver releases, but right now the latest version has a lot of additions and fixes that the original release didn't have, and is NOT compatible with drivers under 270.

that number is really weird i'm unsure why its doing that. can you send me your "nvidia-smi -q" results right now and tell me what nvchart says for core and clock speeds at the same time? what confuses me is both your core and shader clocks say the same thing, which is very common in many video cards, but they're both very very low numbers. i know you said its nvidia-smi that isn't giving the correct information, but then how is conky getting it's information?

EDIT:
btw, you can change the graph colors now if you want. also, if you get devilspie you can remove the window from the pager and remove the window decorations.
Old 01-25-11, 06:22 PM   #20
ledoc

I think some clocks and temps have been available with nvidia-settings (-q all) and some /proc and /sys files ever since. IIRC, the only new thing about nvidia-smi was the utilization.
ledoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-11, 02:22 AM   #21
Licaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
that number is really weird i'm unsure why its doing that. can you send me your "nvidia-smi -q" results right now and tell me what nvchart says for core and clock speeds at the same time? what confuses me is both your core and shader clocks say the same thing, which is very common in many video cards, but they're both very very low numbers. i know you said its nvidia-smi that isn't giving the correct information, but then how is conky getting it's information?

EDIT:
btw, you can change the graph colors now if you want. also, if you get devilspie you can remove the window from the pager and remove the window decorations.
like i said the gpu/shader freqs are correct as nvidia-smi -q is reporting them so it's not a nvchart issue

my conky gets it's info from:
*internal conky routines for gpu temp, gpu freq, mem freq ( see conky sources for that )
*simple scripts that grep ( like my sample above ) nvidia-smi -q output for gpu usage, fan % and memory usage

BTW: i did not install devilspie too as my conky does the job as pictured
Licaon is offline   Reply With Quote