Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-11, 09:02 AM   #97
grey_1

Default Re: Official Dead Space 2 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newparad1gm View Post
Enabling AA using NVIDIA Inspector, driver 266.58, and that compatibility bit makes the ragdoll physics freak out for some reason. Sometimes when I touch or kick a dead body, it goes into a seizure and then starts stretching out all over the room its in. I'm also running in Surround and have Vsync disable, so maybe that is part of the problem, but I only started noticing it when I enabled AA. When I disabled it and played again, voila, the ragdoll seizures were gone.
I'm also running without Vsync (120hz monitor) and I get the occasional ragdoll issues, but they're pretty rare, but none of the stretching.

The seizures were present in the first game for me too, no AA and Vsync enabled at that time.

Hopefully slaWter will chip in, I think is setup is very similar to yours.
Old 01-28-11, 09:03 AM   #98
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
not so far.
So what's your take on the game so far?
Old 01-28-11, 09:04 AM   #99
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

not sure how to tell if v-sync is working. i disabled it in game, and forced it through CCC. I if i see "tearing" it means its not working i guess...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 09:06 AM   #100
newparad1gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
8124x1600 My lone 480 whimpers at the thought

I haven't tried this with 3d yet, but I imagine my frame rate would about mirror yours, but it's good to hear everything else working right for you.

Nothing left to do now but enjoy the game. I'm in chapter 13 after about 12 hours...I'm crawling through this exploring every last nook and cranny. Fantastic game.
Unfortunately, this game isn't very 3D Ready. Shadows cause major problems in 3D and need to be disabled, which is unacceptable for a horror game like this that relies on lighting and shadows to set the mood. Fog also causes problem in 3D, to the point where you have to turn down depth until there is almost no point to running it in 3D anyways. It's disappointing, but hopefully with the PS3 supporting 3D games as well, developers will pay more attention to 3D in the future.
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 09:09 AM   #101
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
So what's your take on the game so far?
I only got to the second savepoint so far, and killed maybe 10 baddies I think the first game made me desensitized to the walls covered in blood. I just walk through now, expecting the monsters to jump through the vents seriously though, its seems much more extreme (in all cases) than the first. Read (spoiler?): In the first couple rooms, it gets very quiet, and then there is a loud hissing sound like from a vent. I spun around and fired maybe 5 shots from the gun hahaha. I really hope they resolve/explain the whole thing with the girl helping him, because i hate loose ends/unexplained stuff in SP games, and just that aspect can ruin the game for me.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 09:10 AM   #102
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newparad1gm View Post
Unfortunately, this game isn't very 3D Ready. Shadows cause major problems in 3D and need to be disabled, which is unacceptable for a horror game like this that relies on lighting and shadows to set the mood. Fog also causes problem in 3D, to the point where you have to turn down depth until there is almost no point to running it in 3D anyways. It's disappointing, but hopefully with the PS3 supporting 3D games as well, developers will pay more attention to 3D in the future.
Thanks for the feedback. Yep, that is pretty disappointing, especially as it was released after 3d began gaining in popularity. I'll not bother experimenting with it then...the first game was pretty poor with it too.

On the plus side, it does look fantastic without. Excellent use of DoF in this game.
Old 01-28-11, 09:11 AM   #103
grey_1

Quote:
I only got to the second savepoint so far, and killed maybe 10 baddies I think the first game made me desensitized to the walls covered in blood. I just walk through now, expecting the monsters to jump through the vents seriously though, its seems much more extreme (in all cases) than the first. Read (spoiler?):
wrt your spoiler - keep playing....
Old 01-28-11, 10:43 AM   #104
Rummy

Quote:
not sure how to tell if v-sync is working. i disabled it in game, and forced it through CCC. I if i see "tearing" it means its not working i guess...
Also if it's working your frames will be capped at 30 I think so if they are that's another way to tell.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-11, 10:45 AM   #105
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
I stuckied this thread.

Old 01-28-11, 11:27 AM   #106
Rummy

In the middle of chapter 6. Game is starting to get a little difficult.
Old 01-28-11, 12:03 PM   #107
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
In the middle of chapter 6. Game is starting to get a little difficult.
iirc that's about where I began dying a lot.

Like every minute in one area...I was getting pissed...
Old 01-28-11, 12:13 PM   #108
newparad1gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I'll look for this when trying to play the game with AA.

btw, I've noticed another issue. After setting the proper, bezel corrected resolution the main menu got much more transparent/changed opacity. It's very hard to read. Not sure if it's Surround related. Did anyone else notice this?
Most of the menus are blurry for me in Surround resolutions. Some aren't, like the load saved game menu, but most are. It's like they corrected the distance to the menu in Surround resolutions so it wasn't way zoomed in, but then forgot to remove the depth of field filter on it. But turning off DoF in the options doesn't fix it. Because of this blurriness I haven't really noticed any transparency differences.
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote