Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-04-03, 10:39 AM   #1
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Default Microsot MS8! Sweet as Pie.

I know alot of people hate Microsoft but I really have to give it to them. They make alot of money but it really shows that they put it back into there products.

The proof is with MS8. I just set up account and its really great. After useing AOL and other ISP's for abouty 5 years I made the switch and boy I tell ya MS8 is the best of them all. I cant belive how much better it is. The content, layout, and extras likw Encarta, almost everything is better and useable. Just thought I would reccomend it to anyone who was thinking about getting it or was looking for a ISP.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-03, 10:58 AM   #2
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Dear god I prey that was sarcasm (or i would... if i did that kinda thing). Now get a proper ISP
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-03, 11:06 AM   #3
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Microsot MS8! Sweet as Pie.

Quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX
After useing AOL and other ISP's for abouty 5 years I made the switch and boy I tell ya MS8 is the best of them all.
I think that sums it up nicely.

Move along folks, nothing to see here....
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-03, 11:25 AM   #4
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Also if I may ask how do you guys get your ISP?

I ask because here in NY you are limited to Verizon/DSL with MSN8, Optimal Cable, AOL and earthlink which just suck. So unless you have secret ISP provider here in NYC you are stuck with one of those guys. And it seem no one uses them I guess because I guess there uncool?

[EDIT] Am I not tech savy because I use MSN8? I mean really Digiwhat. All those years of college are wasted because I choose MSN8?. Go figure.

Last edited by LiquidX; 08-04-03 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-04-03, 11:49 AM   #5
digitalwanderer

Quote:
[EDIT] Am I not tech savy because I use MSN8? I mean really Digiwhat. All those years of college are wasted because I choose MSN8?. Go figure.
Yup, go figure!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-04-03, 12:03 PM   #6
The Baron

I've got DSL.

It's a %*#(%!*(!@&%(!)(^(&*#$*%^(&!(&^(!(%!^(%*&!(*$&(!*& (^*&(!**&$*(!@&$(!)#$&^()&@~#$()*^&!(*^&(!**%&!(#% **((@#*,

Yup. That about sums it up.
Old 08-04-03, 12:12 PM   #7
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Hmm go figure. You speak of your kids all the time Digi. Its a shame you would not let them eperience all the content MSN8 provides like Encarta with movies and sound, magazines, etc. My 7 year old can actualy use MSN8 with no problems. I am IE user that only needs a back and forth key and yahoo as my start page to function. But I can still respect the a software I feel is good. Anyway your a fool that likes conflict so go figure.
Old 08-04-03, 12:38 PM   #8
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Hmm go figure. You speak of your kids all the time Digi. Its a shame you would not let them eperience all the content MSN8 provides like Encarta with movies and sound, magazines, etc. My 7 year old can actualy use MSN8 with no problems. I am IE user that only needs a back and forth key and yahoo as my start page to function. But I can still respect the a software I feel is good. Anyway your a fool that likes conflict so go figure.
My kids both use IE 5.5 and get a hell of a lot & better content than MSN8 provides I'm quite sure, but thanks for your relentless pursuit of an argument.

Why would you waste your time using any ISP's front-end is beyond me!
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 08-04-03, 02:59 PM   #9
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

ISP's who advertise theyre "content" are trying to cover up their useless customer service and tech support with their huge ass wallets... sad really.

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 08-04-03, 03:47 PM   #10
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
ISP's who advertise theyre "content" are trying to cover up their useless customer service and tech support with their huge ass wallets... sad really.
That may be but the content I think is there. I still dont get what the fuss is with using one of these guys. I use IE 6 for my view to the web but I keep my msn minimized for quick access to my mail and news. Just because it easy to use down make it crap man. I just find it usefull didnt know it would cause such a back lash of hate.
Old 08-05-03, 02:07 AM   #11
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

consider it polite mocking

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 08-05-03, 06:47 AM   #12
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Is this MSN Explorer that we are talking about? Well if so, I know that alot of people like using it, (not me) but alot of people like the interface/layout and it intergates MSN with it. I dont understand people putting down MS myself, Im a proud user of thier operating systems, messenger service, mice, gamepads, and Ive never once had a problem. I douby that MSN as an ISP is a bad thing, whenever I have to dl from MS its fast, fastest servers I dl from.

LiquidX, as long as you as happy, thats all that matters some people cannot be happy with the fact that you are just sharing your thoughts with us, because often in open forums, if people dont agree with you, you must be wrong
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote