Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-03-11, 11:58 AM   #1
GullyFoyle

Default Battlefield 1943 for PC officially dead...

New Battlefield Blog Post: Looking Ahead
Quote:
There comes a time when we as a studio have to choose where to best put our efforts. At DICE we’re dedicated to taking care of our products after launch, and also hell bent on building new, innovative and high quality games.

In my day to day work, I look at our release schedule and the studio’s capacity, weighing them against our wild ambitions to create awesomeness. I often need to make hard calls regarding where we put the studio’s focus. Part of the challenge is to balance work on the new against the already shipped, prioritizing the amount of energy spent on the known franchises and the time spent on developing something entirely new.

This is one of those cross roads where I need to make a hard decision. While we’ll continue supporting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and previous games, it’s time to look ahead to the next giant leap for DICE – the release of Battlefield 3, powered by the mighty Frostbite 2 engine. Our goal is crystal clear: we’re going to build the best Battlefield game ever, and we’ll do whatever it takes to make this the biggest launch in DICE’s history.

We know some of you eagerly have been awaiting Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught on PC. I’m sad to say that these two titles are now officially cancelled. Instead, our talented teams will focus on delivering the greatest possible gaming experience in our next behemoth release. We’re confident this will lead to an even better experience in Battlefield 3, not only on PC, but on all platforms.

For an idea of what that means, watch this space for some exciting news I think you’ll like.

Best regards,
Karl Magnus Troedsson
General Manager, DICE
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 12:11 PM   #2
mojoman0

Default Re: Battlefield 1943 for PC officially dead...

read on the forums today.... sad day but was expected. I just want a new battlefield with prop plane dogfighting! maybe an expansion for bf3 on Frostbite 2.0!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 12:25 PM   #3
dikinher
Grab em!

I already knew this before it was official. I haven't heard anything about the PC version for God knows how long. As for Battlefield 3, I doubt it will be any better than Bad Company 2. I just have a bad feeling it's going to play just like it, only this time with a different theme.
Old 02-03-11, 02:33 PM   #4
DansFace

I'm not a programmer or anything, but it seems like porting over 1943 to PC wouldn't really be that hard of a job

*Shrug*

oh well! bring on BF3!

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 02:34 PM   #5
DansFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
I already knew this before it was official. I haven't heard anything about the PC version for God knows how long. As for Battlefield 3, I doubt it will be any better than Bad Company 2. I just have a bad feeling it's going to play just like it, only this time with a different theme.
*cough* Call of Duty *cough*

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 02:35 PM   #6
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

porting should be rather easy process, considering all assets are already made.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 03:03 PM   #7
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck

I would rather have them build a good game without any problems that go the Call of Gayness route. All I want in BF3 is real ballistics, not this **** they have in BC2, and infantry only without the need of scripts. Make that three things, maps. FFS, is it really that hard to design new maps and not make **** ones out of existing SP maps. Either get with the program or release an editor so the communnity can do your job. /rant
Old 02-03-11, 03:48 PM   #8
de><ta
prodigy

Stop wasting time on 1943 and bring on BF3 pronto! And with jets for the love of God!

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-11, 06:33 PM   #9
Logical

They should have kept the Bad company series to console and kept the original bf series to PC. I now only fear that BF3 will be nothing more than a glorified console game. Large 64 player maps and jets that we found on bf2 wont be possible due to the good old crappy limitations of console memory.

If this is the case then i will not be even considering buying BF3...

Well done DICE, F**king over the PC community and sugar coating it for another console game doesn't make me happy.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote