Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-09-11, 04:58 PM   #1
candle_86

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86
Default Y is BC2 so unbalanced for new people

I bought BC2, i get weapons that are inaccurate as hell, nothing of merit even, get picked off by people at rank50 and without getting kills from what I understand I can't rank up. Is there any servers that only let people of a low rank in, because to be totally honest this isnt real fun and I might just ask steam for a refund given there policy on refunds for games, ive had it less than the time im required to have it for a refund.
candle_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:06 PM   #2
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Default Re: Y is BC2 so unbalanced for new people

If you learn how to use the gun most all guns are quite accurate. For a new person I suggest you just stay off of hardcore servers as it will be easier to learn on normal servers.
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:06 PM   #3
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Hmmmmm.... Do you get the medkit and ammo refill packs for the medic and assault class right out of the box? I don't remember exactly what you get when you start. Giving health and ammo really helps your points and ranks very quickly. If you give out a health pack near your squad when they're in a firefight, you'll see yourself earn 300-400 points in a matter of seconds.

The best way to start this game is to get in a squad that plays together as a team, and run around with them, snag kills whenever you can. You can also press "Q" to spot an enemy or tank or objective, and when it gets destroyed by a squadmate, you get some points for that.

It's a slow process getting started. Best advice that I can get is pick a class and rank up on it for a little while, get some weapons, then start working on another class. If you jump around to different classes with each death, you won't get anywhere. Use your cover well, and spot (Q) anything that you can. You're going to be outmatched for at least a few levels, but trust me, once you start getting awards, you won't want to quit.

EDIT: I'll echo what [AK]Zip just said: Stay on normal servers when you first start out. Hardcore is extremely fast paced, and unless you're very familiar with the game and controls, you'll get thrown around like a rag doll. Normal servers are much more livable for newer players.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:17 PM   #4
ViN86

Word of advice, if you just sit there and hold the fire button, you won't hit **** with any of the guns. I suggest burst shots.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:17 PM   #5
candle_86

i have hardcore blocked in browser, but im getting thrown around like a rag doll anyway. I can't do anything with an unscoped assault rifle agasint someone pegging me across the map with a scoped AR, my Iron Sights arnt that accurate neither is the starting gun. To be honest I find it utter bull**** how EA did this, im a hard core CSS guy, everyone has access to everything, not unlocks that make you 20x more powerful than the next guy. Im gonna be honest, I find this utterly retarded, I avoided BF2 for similar unlock reasons, though I own it, I stoped playing it because I was sick and tired of being picked off across a map simply because he had played longer, skill doesnt seem to come into play here, its all about unlocks. Why not a traditional FPS where its skill not gear based, why is every FPS going to weapon unlock mode.
Old 02-09-11, 05:18 PM   #6
candle_86

After playing 4 hours, im still rank 1 only 3572 into rank1, after 3 hours of work, that is bull****, bad game design is bad game design, maybe it wasn't so unbalanced when it was new, but this game design makes the game unapproachable for new guys like myself
Old 02-09-11, 05:20 PM   #7
candle_86

I'll give it one more match, if im not rank2, by then im requesting a refund on both BC2 and Vietnam from steam.
Old 02-09-11, 05:23 PM   #8
mojoman0

lol dude this game takes skill and rewards you for earning it. Shoot in bursts, the unlocks dont give you some huge advantage over everyone. Every gun has a strength and weakness. There are level cap noob servers out there for people with less experience. Try a squad rush or squad deathmatch server for a less cluttered experience and higher frame rate. trust me once you get the hang of it you'll love it.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-11, 05:26 PM   #9
candle_86

skill I have, I was one of the top CSS players in 06 and 07, stoped playing hardcore then, I have FPS skill, but someone scoping me with an AR across the map is gear not skill. Don't try to presume its a lack of skill, its a broken reward system
Old 02-09-11, 05:38 PM   #10
mojoman0

you have skill in css, this is battlefield. If they can kill you across the map, why can't you do the same and kill them across the map?? There aren't any magic guns in the game, trust me, I've had them unlocked since March 2010.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:42 PM   #11
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by candle_86 View Post
skill I have, I was one of the top CSS players in 06 and 07, stoped playing hardcore then, I have FPS skill, but someone scoping me with an AR across the map is gear not skill. Don't try to presume its a lack of skill, its a broken reward system
CSS is completely different from BC2 on virtually all accounts. Comparing the mechanics in Source engine to the Frostbite engine isn't fair at all. To me, it just sounds like you're impatient and seeking a game that will satisfy you instantly. If that's the case, go play Call of Duty games. It takes some dedication to get good in BC2. Those of us that started out about a year ago had an edge because we were trying to figure out the core mechanics. Now, there are a lot of people that are stupidly good at this game. The same thing exists in BC2. However, the weapons are very well balanced, so that's not the issue.

Have some patience. Find a good squad and play. You will learn quickly. The game is amazing if you give it a chance. Also, play single player if you're frustrated with multiplayer. That will give you a crash course in weapon mechanics.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:48 PM   #12
candle_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
CSS is completely different from BC2 on virtually all accounts. Comparing the mechanics in Source engine to the Frostbite engine isn't fair at all. To me, it just sounds like you're impatient and seeking a game that will satisfy you instantly. If that's the case, go play Call of Duty games. It takes some dedication to get good in BC2. Those of us that started out about a year ago had an edge because we were trying to figure out the core mechanics. Now, there are a lot of people that are stupidly good at this game. The same thing exists in BC2. However, the weapons are very well balanced, so that's not the issue.

Have some patience. Find a good squad and play. You will learn quickly. The game is amazing if you give it a chance.
no im looking for enjoyment, which this isnt giving, and Call of Duty has been utter garbage since they made COD2. I still play CoD:UO, and when I shoot someone in the head twice wtih the starting AR and they don't die, that is a problem, and yes it was in the head, unless of course EA made it so headshots cant kill. I can go with a positive KD the entire match, but im incredibly annoyed at getting picked off by a scope AR even worse a scope SMG as happened last match, an engineer with a scoped SMG picked me off from a busted ship in the middle of the map right as I turned the corner where I could see the ship at point A, I took one shot to the head from his SMG and was dead, now how is that balanced at all?

And I can compare source to frostbite, FPS is FPS, mechanics should remain the same, aka an SMG should only be useful at close range, no long range, an AR at medium/close, and only snipers at Long Range such as where i got headshot by the SMG. EA can't even get the basics right on that, and then they start players off disadvantaged, yea you've played for a year, your not seeing this from the eyes of someone that bought the game yesterday.