Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-09-11, 05:53 PM   #25
Bearclaw

It's hard when you first start off. VERY hard. I started playing over the summer and constantly got wrecked.
Old 02-09-11, 05:55 PM   #26
candle_86

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86
Default Re: Y is BC2 so unbalanced for new people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
No one is making you play the game.

Also:
I will I just spoke with my money and asked for a refund for this shoody game
candle_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:56 PM   #27
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by candle_86 View Post
I will I just spoke with my money and asked for a refund for this shoody game
really, what did your money say?
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 05:59 PM   #28
mojoman0

Quote:
No maybe EA should have designed the game more appropriately, an AR round will pentrate all modern combat helmets unless its a graze on the helmet, and a bullet to the head kills, so ballistics are off. Most AR's will also pentrate modern Kevlar Chest Armor, and in a chest area with most AR's is usally also leathal, though in most FPS 2-3 chest shots, 1 head shot and 5-6 in the legs arms ect, the non vital area's why couldn't EA follow the rules of how this works, and instead decide this. I do have a problem here, I expect my FPS's to be fun but also maintain a certain amount of realism, hence why I liked COD and COD:UO, why I liked CSS. Now BF has been touted as realistic but I fail to see that, If I shoot someone in the head I expect them to damn well die, is that asking to much?
in battlefield you can see the entire fing map from your viewpoint unlike cod and css. Since you have a scope how fun would it be to be killed by 2 bullets across the whole map?!?1 heres a hint, none at all. There has to be a balance between realism and arcadey fun. BF is rock paper scissors
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 06:08 PM   #29
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

If you are looking for more realism go play on a hardcore server. I only play in hardcore server.
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 06:25 PM   #30
de><ta
prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
maybe you just suck at bc2?
I second this. He spends more time arguing about realism and at the same time bitches on about getting killed instantly in the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
It's hard when you first start off. VERY hard. I started playing over the summer and constantly got wrecked.
Yes, but you are a noob and not a seasoned CSS champ.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 06:52 PM   #31
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Hehe... starting out is hard, but it's not impossible. Also, if you bought it on steam, good luck getting a refund. Calling a fraudulent charge on your card gets your account disabled, btw.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 06:57 PM   #32
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

This is nowhere close to being a CSS or cod replacement IF that type of gameplay is the only thing you seek. I have played cod4 and css competitively, i know those games well. For better or for worse, this game (and possibly other battlefield games, i don't know since this is my first one) are so incredibly dynamic, that not only is "the right play" always changing to a degree, you can play a whole "life" doing everything perfectly, and then be killed by a noob who did something else better. This is very unforgiving, but makes the game more fun, imo. For example, in de_dust 2, as defense, you have a certain strategy. If you play it right, you win, if they play around it, you lose. In battlefield, you can literally die, from tens, if not hundreds of different ways from different things. It's basically a much more varied fps. It's just different. If you bought it, expecting a css or cod replacement, you made the wrong decision. There are tons of reviews, sites, and gameplay clips out there about this game, so you really shouldnt be buying it for a cod-like experience.

The game has a VERY steep learning curve, but what i notice mostly about new players, is they are so moronically adamant to learning how the game works, and changing their playstyle. They hope that somehow, magically, if they play it long enough with the wrong mindset, eventually things will magically turn up. If you decide to keep playing this amazing game, the biggest piece of advice i can give you is KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. There is so much sh*t going on in a single scene, it can be overwhelming. There are usually many many options as to how to influence the battle positively, and probably the number is higher for the ways you can screw up and get blown away. I will tell you right now that the gun you are using makes little to very little difference as to how well you play. I am speaking generally: obviously if you assault a enemy building with a sniper rifle, you deserve to be blown away. Forget about clearing bases in BFBC2 with sniper the way people love doing with an AWP in counter strike. This is generally not a twitch shooter. Always keep in mind how you died the previous life, and pick up on trends. If one machine gun nest killed you 3 times inna row, don't run out there the 4th time. Adapt.

I suggest reading at least some of the long BFBC2 thread we have on here, or on any other forums, or guides posted online.

BBTW: if you have any clips of yourself from CSS, i'd love to see. Played that game SO much
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-11, 07:11 PM   #33
mojoman0

well said bob, love the math too

Quote:
If one machine gun nest killed you 73 times inna row, don't run out there the 4th time.
heres a guide to play for a beginner

mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 07:13 PM   #34
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

It sucks until you get magnum ammo. Then it's easy mode. This is also a real game where need to aim unlike ccs
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 08:28 PM   #35
candle_86

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86

Ok why BC2 sucks, BC2 Vietnam rocks, got from PVT1 to PVTII in one match, much better game to be honest.

And I have to aim in CSS, its why i get headshots
candle_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 09:52 PM   #36
ViN86

Quote:
Ok why BC2 sucks, BC2 Vietnam rocks, got from PVT1 to PVTII in one match, much better game to be honest.

And I have to aim in CSS, its why i get headshots
So how good you are determines how good the game is. Gotcha.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote