Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-11, 03:20 AM   #1
HiCZoK4

Default Crysis 2 leaked beta... bull**** Crytek comments...

Crysis 2 beta leaked yesterday. It contains whole sp campaign and its only month old and veeeery buggy. I didnt downloaded it, but Crytek is saying that we are all ****ing pirates so I might just go and do what are they telling I am

Just read this god damnitL
http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/crysis-leak

"Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series’ signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community."

HOW THE HELL IS "PC PIRACY" RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERNAL LEAK! They leak the damn buggy beta and then claim its pirates job. I am not buying their game now. If they want to switch to console completyy. Please. go away bastards.
This can only be inside job or maybe one of reviewers uploaded copy. But why claiming its pc pirate community?
Old 02-12-11, 03:29 AM   #2
K007

Default Re: Crysis 2 leaked beta... bull**** Crytek comments...

internal leak = pc fault?

wtf?

this guy nailed, thmbs up for him

Quote:
Pandamobile
Well, don't blame the PC community. Console games get leaked way before release too. Just look at the last two Halo games. They were both leaked in the summer before their release. If you want to pin the blame on someone, pin it on the employee that leaked it. A developer beta build of a game is not something that just appears on torrent sites.
Old 02-12-11, 03:31 AM   #3
HiCZoK4

Developers are blaming pc for everything.
And politics are blaming everything on violence and sex in games
This is how it is. PC market is a golden egg imo. You can earn much more on pc games than consoles. I don't know why to underestimate pc community
Old 02-12-11, 03:44 AM   #4
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Mark my words. Crytek will later blame pirating and pc gaming for poor sales and announce that Crysis 3 is console only to be later ported to pc. My money says Crysis 2 will suck!
Old 02-12-11, 03:50 AM   #5
K007

well from everything i read around the net/videos, visually its a step down, and the free roam that was in c1, is no longer in c2, it's very linear (cod) and very short.

let's just hope the multiplayer lives upto it....i won't be doing a pre-order, i will wait for feedback.
Old 02-12-11, 03:51 AM   #6
dikinher
Grab em!

They are not blaming PC gamers for the leak. The fact that it is leaked and the number of so-called honest PC gamers are downloading the game and playing it is the problem.

Author of Tweakguides.com couldn't have said it better.

Quote:
A pre-release PC version of Crysis 2 has been leaked. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that it is now spreading rapidly through piracy channels, and people are using the usual excuses to justify obtaining something which does not rightfully belong to them. For Crytek, the developers of Crysis 2, this is yet another slap in the face. Crytek pushed the boundaries of PC gaming first in 2004 with Far Cry, then in 2007 with the PC-exclusive Crysis - and faced a backlash from PC gamers for doing precisely that. To add insult to injury, despite a full-featured free demo of the game being available before its release, Crysis went on to become the fourth most pirated game of 2008. Persevering, Crytek decided to invest resources into developing a customized PC version of Crysis 2. This leak, combined with statistics like Call of Duty: Black Ops, the biggest hit of 2010, being pirated 4.3 million times on the PC, versus 930,000 times on the XBox 360, yet the PC version making up only 6% of sales, makes you wonder if any major developer will consider PC gaming worth the bother in the future. MMOs, casual puzzle games and multiplayer games, as well as quick console ports, are about all that seem to be viable now on the PC. At least until PC gamers develop some semblance of respect for developers, and drop the self-entitlement attitude which piracy encourages. I'd like to think that TweakGuides readers will respect Crytek enough not to download this leaked version and wait for the official demo.
Old 02-12-11, 03:53 AM   #7
dikinher
Grab em!

I was in overclock.net earlier in the day and the number of people downloading the game and admitting it were astounding.
Old 02-12-11, 03:57 AM   #8
HiCZoK4

I don't get how developers can claim their losses over how many people downloaded the game...

Piracy isnt working like that. Most of people who is pirating a game, wouldnt buy it even if they would not download it. You know what I mean? maybe like 5% of people who download pirate copy of something ,would buy it if pirated copy wouldn't be avaible. So their looses are fictional. Most of people who want to buy it, just do it. No matter if pirated version is avaible.

As for now I see that 4000 people are leeching it on major torrent search engine. I don't think its that much considering they will sell over a million anyway

Old 02-12-11, 04:32 AM   #9
Sean_W

Even in the old days, this would have got copied and passed around but being on the torrent sites it will get around faster of course, and that's where their blame lays.

It's just a diversion for their own mistake. Crytek seem to feel the need to blame the PC community for whatever reason and maybe they still have an issue with PC sales of Crysis. I think they should get over it or just not release another game for the PC.

The simple fact is that if it wasn't for a the mass amount of console owners making up the losses to console pirating, then they would blame consoles too. If Crytek blame the PC community for 4 million copies of revenue lost, then they should think again.
Old 02-12-11, 04:49 AM   #10
Fotis
Radeforce GTX7970

Facts:
1) If it weren't for the PC noone would even know Crytek.
2) Crysis sold over 3 million copies and they made a fortune from selling a PC only game.
2) People who pirate games wouldn't buy them anyway.

If you don't like the pc please stop making games.They are plenty of PC game developers with quality games that would be happy to get my money instead of you.
Intel Core i7 920 @3.8GHz|Corsair H50|MSI X58 Platinum|3x2GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 7-8-7-20|Gigabyte Radeon 7970 OC 3GB windforce|Samsung SSD 830 256GB/Intel SSD X25M 80GB|Seagate Ext. 2TB eSata|Corsair TX 750W|Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 7000|Silverstone Grandia GD-01 MX Black|Dell UltraSharp U2412M| Windows 7 x64 Pro
Old 02-12-11, 04:50 AM   #11
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
They are not blaming PC gamers for the leak. The fact that it is leaked and the number of so-called honest PC gamers are downloading the game and playing it is the problem.

Author of Tweakguides.com couldn't have said it better.
Yep thats right...some guy at crytek leaked it, and its automatically pc gamers fault. The same can be said about all the console games that get pirated before release.

the difference with console pirating and pc pirating is that usually one guy downloads/pirates and then sells it to everyone, those numbers are not counted.

If the PC demo were out by now, nobody would have any reason to download this leaked copy of the game
Old 02-12-11, 04:56 AM   #12
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Yep thats right...some guy at crytek leaked it, and its automatically pc gamers fault. The same can be said about all the console games that get pirated before release.

the difference with console pirating and pc pirating is that usually one guy downloads/pirates and then sells it to everyone, those numbers are not counted.

If the PC demo were out by now, nobody would have any reason to download this leaked copy of the game
Sooo true. Console pirating is like the old days of PC pirating where everyone burnt copies of games and sold them for a minor profit or just the cost of the CD-R. Well that's what used to happen at my HS anyway.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Closed Thread